PDA

View Full Version : How Many People Bought The Donnay Pro One (TW Version)And How Many Did You Get?

dreydey
06-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Ok Everyone i just ordered my 3 Donnay Pro One OS, and im excited i cant wait to get them,ive been demoing racquets for a while and i bought 2 Head Microgels radical OS and i liked them bought not really, well im happy TW brought this classic back and after demoing it i think i realized this is the racquet for me, its a great racquet feels and looks like the POG except more flex, more maneuverable,a little lighter and different PJ, and a Bumper Guard.

I would like to know who else has purchased this racquet or the International Version, and let us know which version you got, and how many did you buy, and whats the reason you bought it and what set up you are using, etc....

i am getting all 3 strung with babolat+Tonic 16 and two are 59lbs and one i had strung at 58lbs...

ok everyone lets make it fun...

AndrewD
06-06-2008, 12:18 AM
I seem to recall you saying, in various posts, that you'd hit with the Microgel Radical, Flexpoint Radical, Donnay Pro One and POGOS. That being the case, can you rank the ones you tried in order of power (from most to least) ?

dreydey
06-06-2008, 01:03 AM
yes first in power i would say 1.Microgel Radical OS 2.Flexpoint Radical OS 3.POGOS 4.Donnay Pro One....by the way i have sen you in regards to this racquet in alot of posts did you get one or do u have a donnay

AndrewD
06-06-2008, 05:30 AM
yes first in power i would say 1.Microgel Radical OS 2.Flexpoint Radical OS 3.POGOS 4.Donnay Pro One....by the way i have sen you in regards to this racquet in alot of posts did you get one or do u have a donnay

Thanks for that. Interesting to have the perspective of someone who has used the racquets and comparing it to the TW 'Power Map' (in the new TW University section) which would rank those racquets:
1. Flexpoint, 2. POGOS, 3. Donnay Pro One, 4. Microgel

I have been very interested in the Donnay as a lighter but still solid alternative to the current edition POGOS (the one I own, purchased 3 years ago, is good as Even balance, if not slightly head heavy). Unfortunately, as I live in Australia, I can't demo it so have to rely on feedback from others. Just seems that the Donnay, while having great control and spin, lacks a bit in the power department. I don't need a lot of that but as I do rely on my serve I can't afford to use anything that lacks the little bit of service power which allows you to put the receiver on the back foot.

kike_valerin
06-06-2008, 10:36 AM
i shop 10 of Pro One International :D

nice racquet :)

dreydey
06-06-2008, 12:12 PM
you got 10 of the donnay pro one international from tennis warehouse, thats awesome you must have loved the racquet, are you sponsored do you play in tournaments

CGMemphis
06-06-2008, 12:16 PM
I have one of the TW Donnays, 1 of the originals in both yellow in blue and the orange and gray version, so that makes three. Each has a distinct but familiar character. I love them all.

kike_valerin
06-06-2008, 01:21 PM
you got 10 of the donnay pro one international from tennis warehouse, thats awesome you must have loved the racquet, are you sponsored do you play in tournaments

not really :P

i just shop that racquet because im a big fan of slazenger

and i cant have more only in uk

so the donnay pro one international are very similar to slazenger

to to much but it's something :D

all 10 raquets are 4 1/4 :D now i have only 2

but soon i will have the rest !!!

kike_valerin
06-06-2008, 01:22 PM
ohh other thing

i love the racquet !!!!! :D

very nice!!! and 4 a good price.

dreydey
06-06-2008, 04:50 PM
is it your main stick

kike_valerin
06-06-2008, 06:06 PM
well now i have 4 slazenger

2 pro trinity

and 2 pro X1

but will be my stick 4 a long time

i dont have the idea to shop more racquets :)

dreydey
06-06-2008, 09:22 PM
whats your age and NTRP rating if i may ask thanks

dreydey
06-07-2008, 12:31 AM
i wonder if anyone bought 10+

kike_valerin
06-07-2008, 07:34 AM
soon i will post pics :D

fuzz nation
06-07-2008, 12:13 PM
When a few of the midplus versions showed up in the classifieds at the end of the summer, I went the "buy it to try it" route. The first one I got was terrific, so I grabbed two more and each one was in at least 9/10 condition for only $60-$70 each. Found my happiest setup with these frames when strung rather snugly with a lively multifiber. No complaints really, but this Donnay didn't replace the couple of other different frames I've been enjoying including the Prince NXG mid and midplus. From the baseline, the midplus Donnay is certainly one of the most comfortable and composed hitters I've ever used: just a bit lacking in the zip I like for good all court playing.

dreydey
06-07-2008, 12:21 PM
i didnt know so many people bought this racquet, does anyone know if TW will discontinue this racquet eventually?

kike_valerin
06-07-2008, 02:52 PM
after my shop

i ask TW about this version

when the grip size have on sotck 4 1/4 i have to wait like a 2 months

they told me on each grip size have aorund 35 racquets

also TW say to me:

Hello,
>
> Thank you for contacting Tennis Warehouse. It doesn't look like we will
> be carrying anymore once they are gone. I apologize for any
> inconveniences this may cause. Please email or call 1-805-781-6464 if
> you have any further questions or concerns. We'll be happy to help.

and then :

We currently have no plans on carrying the racquet any
> longer. I recommend checking back with us in July to see if we ordered
> any more. Please email or call 1-800-883-6647 if you have any further
> questions or concerns, we will be happy to assist you.

so i think they are gone

BTW on grip size 4 1/4 only have one raquet

really they are gone :(

dreydey
06-07-2008, 03:23 PM
wow so they are discontinuing the racquet, is that the pro one international or the oversize, man maybe i should stock up before this racquet is no longer made anymore, im using the OS version, and maybe i should stock up on grommets what do you guys think

dreydey
06-07-2008, 03:54 PM
wow thats odd why would they discontinue the donnay it just came out

kike_valerin
06-07-2008, 04:41 PM
TW say to me 4 the pro one international

i see the other have a lot on stock !!!

but it's a shame this raquet gone

but well... i have 10 of this beautys :D

dreydey
06-07-2008, 05:15 PM
so pretty much what they have in stock is it they will not be getting anymore.becuase that sucks, its such a great racquet, there are no racquets nowadays like this racquet with an old school feel in a players oversize racquet......i think i have to stock up before donnay goes out of business again

kike_valerin
06-07-2008, 06:21 PM
yeahh!!!

4 me i think is very good 10 racquets :P

i will like more 10 slazenger but anyway

donnay racquets are good!!

pretty good !!

that's why i order 10 racquets

i only have 2 here the other are 4 in monterrey mexico near where i live and other 4 on austin texas i think when wimbledon starts i will have the 10 beautys :D

offcurse i will post the pics :)

dreydey
06-07-2008, 06:57 PM
I don't understand how are there some donnays In Texas and Monterey , why don't u get them from tenniswarehouse I thought they were exclusive to tenniswarehouse exclusive

dreydey
06-07-2008, 06:58 PM
I don't understand how are there some donnays In Texas and Monterey , why don't u get them from tenniswarehouse I thought they were exclusive to tenniswarehouse exclusive
are the ones you currently have from tenniswarehouse

kike_valerin
06-07-2008, 07:28 PM
no no no :P

my donnays all i shop on TW :D

but the problems with duties and all that crap here in mexico

TW can send me the stuffs so i have a friend who live on austin so that's why the racquets are on austin

the ones on monterrey mexico i shop from a guy who has he store

offcurse he sell the racquets a little more expensive

but anyway

i have my 10 beautys pretty soon !!!!!!!!

dreydey
06-07-2008, 07:47 PM
oh thats cool well i know u will love them let me know how they play

dreydey
06-08-2008, 07:57 PM
and also give us a little mini review

kike_valerin
06-08-2008, 08:51 PM
nice :D

now that i have 2 of my 10 donnays

i think do a mistake shop 4 1/4 its very small well maybe my hand always use 4 3/8 for a long time with slazenger but i will put 2 overgips

and fell nice :D

kike_valerin
06-08-2008, 08:54 PM
i mean after slazenger i use 4 1/4 or 4 1/8 :S

but now is diferent

because on 4 3/8i only use one overgrip because 4 me 2 overgip on 3/8 is too much

so i think is good 4 1/4 with 2 overgrip

i see donnay pro one international have only one on stock 4 1/4

i really have to wait if TW put some next stock or

OUT OF STOCK :(

pNoyr3D
06-08-2008, 08:55 PM
**OUT OF TOPIC

Why is your name kike?!?!?!?!?!

kike_valerin
06-08-2008, 09:41 PM
why?

because my name is kike !!!

that question is very dum i think

kike_valerin
06-08-2008, 09:42 PM
well my name is Enrique o it's Henry

but here in mexico also say KIKE

NOW I SAY TO YOU

THIS IS OUT OF TOPIC !!!!!

Love50
06-08-2008, 10:05 PM
I bought 2 Pro One Internationals, mostly because I have 2 of the originals and wanted to see how similarly/differently they played.

pNoyr3D
06-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Because KIKE means JEW..

In modern English language, the word kike is a pejorative ethnic slur referring to a Jew.

Nothing wrong though, just asking! :)
Anyways, the Donnay Pro seems pretty sweet!

dreydey
06-08-2008, 10:13 PM
love50 let us know how u like the new ones give us a mini review,

ericsson
06-09-2008, 02:26 AM
I bought 2 Pro One Internationals, mostly because I have 2 of the originals and wanted to see how similarly/differently they played.

Damn i wanne know the difference too! anyone has a 1/2 TW P1 for sale ? :p

Love50
06-09-2008, 08:09 AM
Damn i wanne know the difference too! anyone has a 1/2 TW P1 for sale ? :p

It's actually very similar and plays like a slightly stiffer version of the original (75%/25% graphite/fiberglass compared to 50%/50%). The original is a tad heavier (12.5 oz was the playing weight on mine). The handle is a little longer -- 2HBH players will have trouble with the short handle on the original.

dreydey
06-12-2008, 12:02 PM
lets keep the thread going, to al donnay fans out there