PDA

View Full Version : Is it the strings or racket?

Sabenza
06-05-2008, 11:08 PM
I bought an APDC last week and strung it with Prince Topsin 16 @ 62lb. Played with it and immediately felt at home with it. Spin is good and very maneuverable compare to my old Prince Graphite Oversize, and a lot easier on my wrist.

My coach then lends me his O3 Hybrid Tour (strung with some type of hybrid poly - Gamma Poly and synthetic gut @ 58lb). Hitting the O3 with similar power and long loopy strokes, I found that the spin that i am able to generate from this racket is less than that of the APDC but I can feel the "pop" on every stroke even though the stingbed feels slightly stiffer, and the ball has much more power and penetration.

I am looking for this type of "pop" with the APDC. Is this achievable with Poly strings (without sacrificing spin)? Or is it the racket? Can someone recommend me a topspin friendly poly string? Luxilon? Is there a general rule for tension for poly strings?

Many thanks.

FreshStew
06-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Its you

10 characters

Sabenza
06-05-2008, 11:23 PM
Can you please elaborate?

vndesu
06-05-2008, 11:26 PM
the racket and strings do play an important part
poly will give you more pop that regular syngut.
the o3 is very mute while the apdc has alot of pop.

you should post a thread in the strings and stringing asking what for your apdc

Sabenza
06-05-2008, 11:32 PM
Thanks. If the O3 is known for relatively "muted" feel, then the poly strings are certainly making it "pop" or have a more sold feel.

Djokovicfan4life
06-06-2008, 05:29 AM
All polys are "spin-friendly", that's what they were designed for.