PDA

View Full Version : Djokovic Growing Up Finally?!

alldressedup
06-06-2008, 03:43 AM
I've noticed that Djokovic's family hasn't been travelling with him all that much since Monte Carlo. It's about time. It's one thing that his family comes for the big matches like the semis/finals of grand slams but to travel with him for all the matches? No tennis players have their parents travelling with them except the girls! It's one thing to cheer for your son and the other to be offensive, which his parents can behave sometimes!

oy vey
06-06-2008, 05:27 AM
They live in Serbia and have two other children. I imagine they go to school, etc. so they can't be with Novak every minute.

daddy
06-06-2008, 06:27 AM
They live in Monte carlo/ That is why they were there and will be present at big tourneys / slams for sure. He is maturing however. No ball bounces and trash talking anymore, injury timeouts are out. Still has to calm a bit on court but he's okay. Of course goes without saying, no way should he ever retire with no real reason or with some itch unles he wants to be crucified deservably.

rommil
06-06-2008, 06:29 AM
His parents should have started humility at home, not get schooled at it on international TV. Well some lessons learned the hard way...

flyer
06-06-2008, 07:15 AM
His parents should have started humility at home, not get schooled at it on international TV. Well some lessons learned the hard way...

you guys are ridiculously nit picky, not just you rommil but many others as well, they aren't bad people, it seems like you guys look for things to complain about if you don't like a player

rommil
06-06-2008, 07:34 AM
you guys are ridiculously nit picky, not just you rommil but many others as well, they aren't bad people, it seems like you guys look for things to complain about if you don't like a player

I like what Novak's game has brought to tennis unfortunately that's all that there is. When you say bad like Jeffrey Dahmer bad? No they're not but they have said and done things that leads people to dislike them. BTW you among all people censor the "complaining posters" in these boards? Don't go there because you and I know you are not one of those exemplary respectable posters around here.

oy vey
06-06-2008, 12:37 PM
They live in Monte carlo/ That is why they were there and will be present at big tourneys / slams for sure. He is maturing however.

This current article states they live in belgrade but that Novak has moved to Monte Carlo.

It is worth noting that his family still live in Serbia and still own the pizzeria.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2008/05/31/sm_novakdjokovic31.xml&page=3

daddy
06-06-2008, 01:46 PM
This current article states they live in belgrade but that Novak has moved to Monte Carlo.

It is worth noting that his family still live in Serbia and still own the pizzeria.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2008/05/31/sm_novakdjokovic31.xml&page=3

Media, eh. Its suitable for them to live in Serbia but not be here for 11 out of 12 months, which is only normal. One son playing ATP at top level, another in juniors and third in academy in Germany. Yeah, they live in Serbia.

alldressedup
06-08-2008, 09:19 AM
I agree the parents are not bad people but their behaviour are just annoying! And definitely not helping with the son's image.

I wouldn't bet on Djokovic not pulling one of his stunts again. To me what he did in Monte Carlo was just unacceptable. And I don't think that would be the last. He may be good at his game but he's really a very poor sportman. Say all you like but I've no respect for players who call for trainers for no reason except to break your opponents momentum, not to mention retiring from a game for no good reason!

danb
06-08-2008, 09:22 AM

You are right