PDA

View Full Version : Need help choosing a racquet, any recommendations?

Tennis_OWNS
06-06-2008, 09:15 AM
hi, I need help choosing a racquet. Im looking for one that is

easily manuverable

great access to spin

easy on the arm

nice solid feel

great control with enough power

head light with enough weight so that my shots feel heavy

real nice at the net

im a 3.5-4.0+ level varsity doubles player. I am currently considering the nPro Open. It would be great if you guys could suggest some other racquets to consider!

dreydey
06-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Donnay Pro One OS its awesome

ced
06-07-2008, 07:24 AM
Either the Gamma G325 or the Avery M3 Control

quest01
06-07-2008, 07:52 AM
Babolat AeroPro Drive Cortex standard or plus.

fuzz nation
06-07-2008, 09:56 AM
The nPro Open is a little light and stiff given what you're looking for in a frame as I see it. For some comfort and authority on the court, I'd recommend a look at the Yonex RQis 1 Tour or the Fischer M Pro #1. A couple of even heftier bats that I think are rock solid all courters are the Prince NXG midplus and their Hybrid Tour. That NXG mp is quite headlight and easy to handle, but has enough beef to rock the ball or put a boatload of spin on it.

If you're looking at racquets that are closer to 11 oz., the Volkl DNX 9 has some potential along with perhaps the Dunlop 300's. Here's your "grain of salt" though - I'm a fan of 12+ oz. frames and if you like what the nPro Open has to offer you, then there's nothing wrong with it. A softer "comfortable" racquet may not have the crispness around the net that you like and the nPro has a little backbone to it. A buddy of mine has a pair of them and he's been really happy with their performance.

spkyEngrish
06-08-2008, 04:12 AM
Try to get the RDS001 Mid into your demo list. Great racquet, and seems to fit all your criteria.