PDA

View Full Version : Monfils Diving Adventures!!

tfergus09
06-06-2008, 10:33 AM
This is just a fun thread about Monfils. He gives you a good laugh every match when he drops his racquet and dives after a ball he and we know that he has no chance of getting. Then the ball boys come running with all their heart to give him his towel. The funniest moment was in the 4th set vs Fed when they zoomed in and showed Fed looking at him like he has got to be crazy!

Stinkdyr
06-06-2008, 11:16 AM
the drama, the drama...

therogerfan
06-06-2008, 11:48 AM
How many times did he fall ? I'd say definitely more than 10

bhallic24
06-06-2008, 12:07 PM
pathetic. That summarizes it in one word. It would have been ok if he were a 7 year old boy.

Tempyst
06-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Yes, but you have to see in the other side. While I initially thought it was a bit pathetic, I then realized that he's giving it all, even when he realizes it could be hopeless. Real fighter.

bhallic24
06-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Tempyst: "Yes, but you have to see in the other side. While I initially thought it was a bit pathetic, I then realized that he's giving it all, even when he realizes it could be hopeless. Real fighter."

diving for a ball that is a good 2 ft out of the reach of your 6 foot 4 frame is not called being a fighter. Its called being stupid either way you look at it.

First of all, theres no chance he's getting to it because if you watched closely he was just doing that for show, to get the crowd behind him and pretend like he was really trying for it. If he actually tried his fullest to get to those balls, he would have at least taken a leap towards the ball instead of his pathetic flops onto the clay for them.

Secondly, let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say he really did try to get to those. Have you ever stretched out on the run with your arm and then landed on the outstretched hand? You know what type of arm injury you put yourself at risk for? Bet you don't know. Not very smart to try for those on balls that have no chance of getting across the net even if you make contact with it.

Go watch a guy like Nadal, JBlake,or a Sampras play, when those guys stretch out or dive for a ball, they give it there all. None of this pathetic panzy girly stuff. And you know what, they make a pretty good contact with the ball when they do that too and sometimes win the point.

I'm not trying to diss the kid, but his flops are completely for show and I hope people aren't naive enough to believe that he did those out of a true desire to actually hit it back across the net. Think about it, he's playing in front of his home people, any show of effort fake or not will get them more behind him. That was his only chance against fed today. But, The way he just rolled around in the clay to make it seem like he was actually getting down and dirty absolutely disgusted me. It just reminds me of that HEidi Montag music video (you'll know what i'm talking about if you live in the US) where she's just trying too hard and just rolling around in the sand on the beach.

forzainter
06-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Come on, look at him, Monfils is an entertainer, sometimes its more exciting to see some guy flying around diving on the ground and it got the french fans really excited

tfergus09
08-30-2008, 09:20 PM
I thought the hard courts of the US Open would stop him.....but he goes on!!. Did you guys see the cartwheel?

kelz
08-31-2008, 05:12 AM
maybe it's passion, maybe it's stupidity.

Fintendo
08-31-2008, 06:44 AM
I loved Monfil's cartwheel I think his diving is hilarious.

Djokovicfan4life
08-31-2008, 03:14 PM
That cartwheel was classic.

bhallic24
08-31-2008, 03:18 PM

maybe he needs to grow up. you know its all fake. it reminds me of this guy on our soccer team in hs. he'd go diving and falling well after the ball had passed him just to try and pretend to people that he was trying his hardest. Then he actually got injured one time doing it and I fu cing laughed my *** off. I'd be rolling on the floor if monfeces gets hurt with one of his fake dives one day when he pulls a martin gramatica. actually gramatica's case was way better because he was actually really excited and passionate and just got hurt celebrating instead of all this fake sh1t.

tenis
08-31-2008, 06:31 PM

Stupidity????????????????????????????????????

aleexxxxx
08-31-2008, 08:37 PM
love watching him play