PDA

View Full Version : Fed Will Win!

@wright
06-06-2008, 04:25 PM
That is all...

drakulie
06-06-2008, 04:27 PM
OK, but if Nadal wins, you have to put your old avatar back up. :)

How's your game coming along?? Still hitting with the K90??

zagor
06-06-2008, 04:29 PM
5-10% of that happening but I will believe in and root for him as I always do.If he somehow pulls off a miracle and wins it will be legendary,if not well as a Fed fan I'm used to seeing him lose to Nadal on clay,it's nothing new.I doubt Nadal fans will brag this much during the USO series as they do now but whatever,I do respect Nadal and have enjoyed watching him play at this year's FO,he has played on higher level then I've ever seen him play.

nn
06-06-2008, 04:31 PM
u should say as all young junky says

"you heard it first from me"

@wright
06-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Hey drak, of course I'm still hitting with the k90, after all, it is the GROAT! My game isn't coming along too well, seeing as how I moved for work and haven't found anyone to hit with in my new locale. Just excited to be off on Sunday and will watch the final as it comes on, instead of taped. Fed's got it this year. Nadal has had it way too easy and he'll be stunned.

Mick
06-06-2008, 04:40 PM
Fed will win some games, maybe a set or two but Nadal will win the match.

drakulie
06-06-2008, 04:48 PM
@wright, let's hope you are right.

GO FED!!!!

zagor
06-06-2008, 04:50 PM

That's a very bold prediction.

Feņa14
06-06-2008, 04:52 PM
Third time lucky maybe? Let's hope so!

It looks highly unlikely with the form Nadal is in but this is the one Federer needs to win, he won't go down easily.

Rickson
06-06-2008, 04:53 PM
Fed Will Win!
That is all...

I'm the biggest Federer fan on these boards, but even I have to say not this year, buddy.

TennisandMusic
06-06-2008, 04:56 PM
Hey drak, of course I'm still hitting with the k90, after all, it is the GROAT! My game isn't coming along too well, seeing as how I moved for work and haven't found anyone to hit with in my new locale. Just excited to be off on Sunday and will watch the final as it comes on, instead of taped. Fed's got it this year. Nadal has had it way too easy and he'll be stunned.

Nadal has had it easy? What about Federer? Who has beaten Federer twice on clay already in the last few months when he wasn't playing anywhere near as good as he is now? Anything is possible but come on...

@wright
06-06-2008, 04:58 PM
Well, maybe the RG officials will finally detect that special juice that Nadal has been using for 4 years...I don't get all the "it won't happen" comments. Anything can happen with these two. I never thought Nadal would make back to back Wimbledon finals. Maybe Nadal has peaked too early, it will be hard to top his last 2 matches. He's got the Mega pressure of this streak on his shoulders. Fed can win this. I have a feeling that this is his year.

roundiesee
06-06-2008, 05:58 PM
Well, maybe the RG officials will finally detect that special juice that Nadal has been using for 4 years...I don't get all the "it won't happen" comments. Anything can happen with these two. I never thought Nadal would make back to back Wimbledon finals. Maybe Nadal has peaked too early, it will be hard to top his last 2 matches. He's got the Mega pressure of this streak on his shoulders. Fed can win this. I have a feeling that this is his year.

Mr Wright, I hope you're right....

flyer
06-06-2008, 06:09 PM
That is all...

for a hall of famer this is a pretty lame rookie thread

Rickson
06-06-2008, 06:46 PM
This is one time I'll be happy to be wrong, but I have a feeling 09 might be better suited for Federer.

Mick
06-06-2008, 06:46 PM
That's a very bold prediction.
yep and if they meet in the Wimbledon final again, I will say the reverse (Nadal will win some games, maybe a set or two but Federer will win the match) :)

neverstopplaying
06-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Let's just hope for 5 sets of amazing tennis.

BTW that's red clay on my shoes (avatar).

dima
06-06-2008, 07:04 PM
I actually would have to agree with Mr. Wright. I think Federer will take it this year.

Legend of Borg
06-06-2008, 07:05 PM

Two sets would break Nadal's record of 4-set victories. He has never been pushed to a fifth-set at Roland Garros. If Roger goes down, he might as well try to snap that streak.

a_6m
06-06-2008, 07:12 PM
Fed game doesn't seem as flawless like last year, and nadal is playing better.

While everyone wants FedEx to deliver, but Nadal will win.

Usually, who ever I support doesn't win. So, I am supporting Nadal BTW :???:

Legend of Borg
06-06-2008, 07:13 PM
Fed game doesn't seem as flawless like last year, and nadal is playing better.

While everyone wants FedEx to deliver, but Nadal will win.

Usually, who ever I support doesn't win. So, I am supporting Nadal BTW :???:

We'll see if that works.

veroniquem
06-06-2008, 07:13 PM
This is one time I'll be happy to be wrong, but I have a feeling 09 might be better suited for Federer.
I have a feeling in 09 Nadal will play even better!

smO
06-06-2008, 11:59 PM
I'm cheering for Federer but I think Nadal will take this one. I'm just happy Fed made it to the finals.

BreakPoint
06-07-2008, 12:44 AM
Quick, someone dig up Jeff Gillooly's phone number for Federer before Sunday! ;-) :lol:

fednad
06-07-2008, 04:43 AM
I'm the biggest Federer fan on these boards, but even I have to say not this year, buddy.

Sure???? ;)

West Coast Ace
06-07-2008, 04:54 AM
That is all...I believe so too. At the very least I expect him to play aggressively and win - or go down trying. I don't expect him to get yanked into long rallies that Rafa inevitably wins.

for a hall of famer this is a pretty lame rookie threadComing from someone who just opened a 'Fed is a slightly better than average volleyer...' thread, this is Time Capsule material...

flyer
06-07-2008, 06:15 AM
I believe so too. At the very least I expect him to play aggressively and win - or go down trying. I don't expect him to get yanked into long rallies that Rafa inevitably wins.

Coming from someone who just opened a 'Fed is a slightly better than average volleyer...' thread, this is Time Capsule material...

My thread has content and tennis analysis, not empty blank statement a five year old can post

wyutani
06-07-2008, 06:19 AM
Sure???? ;)

of course he's sure. he's fed greatest fan!

Sentinel
06-07-2008, 10:14 PM
*** SPOILER ***

Ok, I just got back from the future.

Federer DID win the finals. Here's the evidence:

http://www.atptennis.com/5/photos/gallery/2008/rolandgarros2/34.jpg

This one was after the second set he won:
http://www.atptennis.com/5/photos/gallery/2008/rolandgarros2/29.jpg

fednad
06-07-2008, 11:46 PM
of course he's sure. he's fed greatest fan!

Alright! He is but then there is a tie between him and me...:)

@wright
06-08-2008, 07:34 AM
LOL sentintel. I knew he'd lose the RG final, I was talking about Wimbledon. I still think he'll win, btw.

BreakPoint
06-08-2008, 07:40 AM
Quick, someone dig up Jeff Gillooly's phone number for Federer before Sunday! ;-) :lol:
I guess Jeff Gillooly's phone number was unlisted. Seriously, that was Federer's only chance today. :(

Morrissey
06-08-2008, 08:02 AM
That is all...

Win what? 4 games? Since Nadal gave him a bagel, can I update your avatar or are you going to hide under a different handle again?

Morrissey
06-08-2008, 08:03 AM
LOL sentintel. I knew he'd lose the RG final, I was talking about Wimbledon. I still think he'll win, btw.

Nice bail out there. BTW, don't be so sure about Wimby either. Nadal is playing his best, Joker is a threat and Roddick is rested.

nn
06-08-2008, 08:11 AM
Nice bail out there. BTW, don't be so sure about Wimby either. Nadal is playing his best, Joker is a threat and Roddick is rested.

yeah he will say the same after wimby saying I was talking about USOPEN...hahahahahahah

jmsx521
06-08-2008, 08:15 AM
The comments here are one more reason to combine the General Pro Player Discussions and the Pro Match Results. Threads are popping up already, like pop-corn, giving hints who won.

Morrissey
06-08-2008, 08:24 AM
yeah he will say the same after wimby saying I was talking about USOPEN...hahahahahahah

Don't be so sure about that either. Joker is a serious threat at the Open. Fed's best chance is Wimby.

hoodjem
06-08-2008, 08:40 AM
*** SPOILER ***

Federer DID win the finals. Here's the evidence:

http://www.atptennis.com/5/photos/gallery/2008/rolandgarros2/34.jpg

This one was after the second set he won:
http://www.atptennis.com/5/photos/gallery/2008/rolandgarros2/29.jpg

Alternative universe.

Not ours.

Rickson
06-08-2008, 08:48 AM
Alright! He is but then there is a tie between him and me...:)

I've made bets on this message board on Federer and I've won and lost. I accepted payment when I won and I paid up when I lost. Anyone else bold enough to do that? Even though I knew Federer would lose, I didn't bet against him. Number 1 right here, buddy.

Sentinel
06-08-2008, 09:10 AM

You laughing at me, @wright, what made you think _I_ was talking about the RG ????
I went into the future, and I honestly don't know which year or championship it was. Or who Federer won against.

Philcoa
06-08-2008, 11:03 AM
2008 forward:

Djokovic for Australia, Wimbledon and the US
Nadal for France

No place for Federer.

Morrissey
06-08-2008, 11:53 AM
2008 forward:

Djokovic for Australia, Wimbledon and the US
Nadal for France

No place for Federer.

Nadal for French and Wimby with Joker for Aussie and US Open.

@wright
06-08-2008, 12:27 PM
I'll stick with this avatar until one of the aforementioned events allows me to change it. What can I say? I really am worried for Federer at W, Nadal was a complete beast out there today. No one could have beaten him. No need to rub it in though. There is always next year!

robin7
06-08-2008, 12:38 PM

Yeah, me too!

This is Wimbledon finals...
http://championships.wimbledon.org/images/pics/large/b_13_nadal_238_empics_m_egerton.jpg

Morrissey
06-08-2008, 12:41 PM
[QUOTE=Sentinel;2405164Ok, I just got back from the future.
QUOTE]
Yeah, me too!

http://championships.wimbledon.org/images/pics/large/b_13_nadal_238_empics_m_egerton.jpg

Lol. Nice comeback.

@wright
06-08-2008, 12:48 PM
That is good for Fed fans, obviously he has ripped a tendon or ligament in his left arm and will not be able to proceed.

Sentinel
06-08-2008, 09:10 PM
Yeah, me too!

haha, if you had **really** gone into the future you would be able to tell me what racquet and head size Federer will switch to, and who his coach will be.

TheNatural
06-09-2008, 08:53 AM
Good job @wrong, this year you didnt hide under a rock for 2 days after your wrong prediction. Good effort kid. Vamos.