PDA

View Full Version : Within 3 weeks Federer might equal Sampras's record at the age of 26!

BeHappy
06-07-2008, 06:33 AM
If he wins the French tomorrow, and Wimbledon in 3 weeks time, he will have equalled the slam total Sampras achieved at the age of 32, at 26.

He will also have broken it in the eyes of many by winning a french open title.

It's an amazing thought.

joeri888
06-07-2008, 06:36 AM
It's an amazing thought, yet far away as well. This is way premature. Sure he's got a chance. He's got to win 8 matches to do it. I start believing he will as soon as he beats Rafa tomorrow, but that's the biggest problem.
I thought he would beat Sampras in 2008 by winning AO, USO and Wimbledon again. But with Rafa and Novak being so close now, you can'expect Roger to win the Wimbledon crown with ease. He's the favourite, but there's room for upsets there as well.

If he does though, he'd equal 14 slams.. be pretty certain number 1 for the rest of the year I think, and would be the first since borg to win RG and wimbledon same year.

It's just all very unlikely.

nobody to win a Grand slam this year btw..

quest01
06-07-2008, 06:56 AM
That is remarkable but it's not going to happen that quickly. I don't think Federer will win RG but he may equal Sampras if he wins Wimbledon and the US Open which is a pretty good possibility.

Legend of Borg
06-07-2008, 06:57 AM
It's possible, but it seems like a gigantic task for him. Not sure about the French Open.

cueboyzn
06-07-2008, 07:08 AM
If he wins the French tomorrow, and Wimbledon in 3 weeks time, he will have equalled the slam total Sampras achieved at the age of 32, at 26.

He will also have broken it in the eyes of many by winning a french open title.

It's an amazing thought.

More amazing is if he were to do thatt and add the US Open to pass Sampras with 15 Slams, and add the Olympic Gold to make the career golden slam and be the Undisputed GOAT. Scary.

hoodjem
06-07-2008, 07:10 AM
Another Rafa-Fed final. Alllright!!!

Today's male tennis game is so stimulating, surprising, varied, competitive, and unpredictable.

Maybe I'll watch.

(Loved that AO final--new faces.)

deluxe
06-07-2008, 07:11 AM
Or he could be number down to #3 in the world if he loses to Nadal in the French tomorrow, goes out in the 1st round of Wimbledon and Djokovic beats Nadal in the Wimbledon final.

Critical days for Roger.

joeri888
06-07-2008, 07:13 AM
Or he could be number down to #3 in the world if he loses to Nadal in the French tomorrow, goes out in the 1st round of Wimbledon and Djokovic beats Nadal in the Wimbledon final.

Critical days for Roger.

Roger going out first round is pretty unlikely imo. Think he assured himself of being no. 1 after wimbledon pretty much now.

zagor
06-07-2008, 07:20 AM
Another Rafa-Fed final. Alllright!!!

Today's male tennis game is so stimulating, surprising, varied, competitive, and unpredictable.

Maybe I'll watch.

(Loved that AO final--new faces.)

No one is forcing you to watch.Dig out some old tapes if you like or sleep through the final if you want.

cueboyzn
06-07-2008, 07:24 AM
With the roof back on at Wimbledon this year, you will not be seeing Roger lose anytime soon. The year for Roger to be taken out was last year with the wind affecting the ball. Sadly for all the Fed-haters here, Fed still came through like the champion he is.

Wimbleon 2009 = INDOOR GRASS!! :)

TheTruth
06-07-2008, 09:01 AM
Here's a thought. Maybe people aren't so much Fed-Haters, but FedFan-Haters since they're so obnoxious!