PDA

View Full Version : Would someone please hire a stylist for Justine Henin?

bebots
06-07-2008, 08:21 AM
She's got decent looks. You're in Paris. What's with that nun outfit? The blemish on her lower lip. The way she looked today, it's not very convincing that she's healthy and happy and that she's moved on. The whole thing, the retirement, the outfit, it's just wrong.

gflyer
06-07-2008, 08:27 AM
You are right.
It doesn't sound good.
Moreover, she looks so terribly sad.

flyer
06-07-2008, 08:39 AM
she really did look sad, if shes so over tennis why did she feel the need to not only come back and watch but to practice at roland garros earlier in the week, it looked like she wished she was playing

tennisplayer1981
06-07-2008, 08:43 AM
Was that a cold sore on her lower lip?

quest01
06-07-2008, 08:44 AM
I was surprised she was even there. Usually when you retire you stay away from the sport for a little while.

West Coast Ace
06-07-2008, 08:45 AM
She's a tomboy.

And doesn't care what anyone on this board thinks. I'm sure after so many years as a pro and the scrutiny, I'm surprised she didn't show up on flip flops, sweatpants and a dirty t-shirt. And wouldn't care. Glad she was there.

charlottefromca
06-07-2008, 08:48 AM
I just thought it was weird.. I'm sure everyone was thinking (probably including herself) how the draw would have played out if she didn't retire.

Most unexpected retirement since... well Hingis' cocaine scandal.. but besides that one.. most unexpected I can think of

moonbat
06-07-2008, 09:24 AM
Was that a cold sore on her lower lip?

I thought so. She shouldn't pick at it--or at least wash her hands before she hands out the trophy.:oops:

TheTruth
06-07-2008, 09:31 AM
I noticed the frumpy outfit and the pulled back ponytail and said to myself. Go ahead, Justine, if ever there was a champion who didn't give a care about being loved by millions, it's her. The fact that she didn't go out of her way to impress is impressive in and of itself. That's someone who's secure in their ownselves and isn't looking for the approval of others. We all know she can afford a stylist if she wants one. Evidently, she doesn't want one. Kudos to Justine for being true to herself.

Ballmachine
06-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Justine looked remarkably sad for someone who was supposedly very happy and relieved with her decision to retire. Her presence at Roland Garros so soon, and her expression during the match, suggests that she will be back in the near future. I just don't see any happiness in her decision, and in less than 6 months she will probably see that the tennis court is where she has truly found the most happiness in her life.

Having said that, she seems to be a very strong-headed, stubborn type of person who may stay retired just because she said she wouldn't ever return. She may very well keep herself in misery, rather than admit that she made a bad decision, and do something to correct that mistake.

Whatever path she chooses, she has to look at herself in the mirror and be able to sleep at night. I just hope she finds happiness somewhere in life, because she just doesn't realize how blessed she is, and how many other people would love to be in her position.

Objective Danny
06-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Funny thing, I didn't see any of this. She looked fine and happy to me.

charlottefromca
06-07-2008, 12:03 PM
why exactly was she practicing?

cmb
06-07-2008, 01:07 PM
there is a difference between hitting some tennis balls and play a few games to 11 and waking up at 6am to run sprints until you vomit, eat breakfast, practice for 2-4 hours and then hit the gym for another hour and a half. and then passing out, day after day, week after week, year after year. at some point your mind says, no thanks!

The balls in your court.
06-07-2008, 01:09 PM
Does she have herpes???

She always has sores on her lips....but today she had a HUGE one smack in the middle of her bottom lip. It looked really fresh and quite open....gross!!! I really fet bad for Ivanovic when she had to kiss her.

crazylevity
06-07-2008, 03:43 PM
she really did look sad, if shes so over tennis why did she feel the need to not only come back and watch but to practice at roland garros earlier in the week, it looked like she wished she was playing

I'm really surprised by this. Is there photographic evidence or a reliable news source corroborating this?

nyc
06-07-2008, 03:47 PM
I think she just cut herself shaving.

fridrix
06-07-2008, 03:59 PM
I think she just cut herself shaving.

:shock:

That was mean. Personally, I thought it was cool she was there. Even if she looked like merde.

WhiskeyEE
06-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Henin is beyond repair.

leftiegirl
06-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Does she have herpes???

She always has sores on her lips....but today she had a HUGE one smack in the middle of her bottom lip. It looked really fresh and quite open....gross!!! I really fet bad for Ivanovic when she had to kiss her.

Ewwwww....:oops: (any pics?)

flyer
06-07-2008, 05:34 PM
I'm really surprised by this. Is there photographic evidence or a reliable news source corroborating this?

well mary carillo said it on air, so thats my evidence, i don't think she would say it for any reason if it was not true

crazylevity
06-07-2008, 06:02 PM
Well then maybe she came to practice with Ivanovic, and beat her handily in training.

That's why she's sad...for the state that the WTA is in.

Robbie_1988
06-07-2008, 07:28 PM
This thread i worthless without pics.