PDA

View Full Version : Ivanovic's forehand

ACE of Hearts
06-07-2008, 09:36 AM
Where would put Ivanovic's forehand in the women's list right now?I think it has alot of depth when she hits it.We will see how she responds at wimbledon after her first GS.

0d1n
06-07-2008, 09:43 AM
Where would put Ivanovic's forehand in the women's list right now?I think it has alot of depth when she hits it.We will see how she responds at wimbledon after her first GS.

Her downfall at Wimbledon is not her forehand ... it's her athleticism and movement (or lack thereof).
Roland Garros is her best bet because clay gives her more time to set up.

ACE of Hearts
06-07-2008, 09:46 AM
Your nuts. Her movement is not that bad at all.Granted that she isnt that athletic but she moves well.

charlottefromca
06-07-2008, 10:10 AM
I think its one of the best.. (her forehand that is).. very flat and crisp

drummerboy
06-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Yep her forehand is definitely the best in the womens game. When she is in the position she unleashes a bomb that even some male players would have problems with. She is a great player and I congratulate her on the first title.

rk_sports
06-07-2008, 11:11 AM
comparable to Graf? or is it too early to say that?
it did hold up under pressure..in the semis..

drummerboy
06-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Yes definitely that inside out flatter surely reminds me of Steffi in her prime years.

Defcon
06-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Its good to see flat shots on the clay, her pace plus her consistency was amazing.

Warriorroger
06-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Although hit harder, Ivanovic is bigger than Steffi and better equipment. I would give Graf's forehand the edge, she could hurt anyone with that shot, no matter the position on the court.

NikeWilson
06-07-2008, 03:20 PM
she's got great legs. :)

matchmaker
06-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Although hit harder, Ivanovic is bigger than Steffi and better equipment. I would give Graf's forehand the edge, she could hurt anyone with that shot, no matter the position on the court.

Yep, Graf's forehand was a notch better. It was more consistent and at the same time continously dangerous.

Fedace
06-07-2008, 03:22 PM
It could be as good as Steffi Grafs. and all enhanced by Yonex racket as well.

ledor
06-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Right now, she's a ONE slam wonder, and lets see if she can keep up with the forehand in next tournaments. She's definitely having a great year so far.

0d1n
06-08-2008, 05:53 AM
Your nuts. Her movement is not that bad at all.Granted that she isnt that athletic but she moves well.

Yes, with that I agree. It's not bad ... but it's not good either. She needs more time and a higher bounce as a result, and the French gives her that time...Wimbledon doesn't.

Graf had better movement, in fact she had pretty much world class movement/athletic ability which resulted in her shots to be at least as effective despite her smaller frame.

It could be as good as Steffi Grafs. and all enhanced by Yonex racket as well.
:roll: