PDA

View Full Version : I Believe!

Ballmachine
06-07-2008, 09:44 AM
I believe that Roger Federer will beat Rafael Nadal in tomorrow's French Open Final. I have seen Roger become stronger and stronger since Australia, regaining his fitness, form, and confidence and I feel he will peak tomorrow and produce magic in winning the only grand slam title to elude him.

Yes, I know that Rafa has dominated Roger on clay in the past. Yes, I know that Rafa has looked better than ever this year at Roland Garros. Yes, I know that Rafa is the betting favorite, and most people believe that he is unbeatable on clay.

However, I have this feeling inside that goes contrary to popular belief. I have this felling inside that Roger Federer will alter his game plan ever so slightly, which will allow him to walk away with the ultimate victory of his career. Yes, I have this feeling inside that history will be made by this remarkable athlete from Switzerland this year at the French Open.

I will be anxiously watching tomorrow, from beginning to end, as Roger Federer enters tennis immortality!

smO
06-07-2008, 09:47 AM
I hope that Federer will win, but I doubt he will.

ACE of Hearts
06-07-2008, 09:51 AM
Amen but everything is against him.I just hope that he makes Nadal work hard.I wanna see more net play then what he has doned the last 2 years.

Telepatic
06-07-2008, 10:00 AM
I believe Federer will get beaten even harder then Novak.

ACE of Hearts
06-07-2008, 10:01 AM
I doubt that even if Fed loses.He will make Nadal earn it tomorrow.

Nadal_Freak
06-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Roger will lose in straight sets. Getting stronger means winning a tough 4 setter against Monfils? Fed's draw has been as easy as it ever has so I doubt he's gotten better since Monte Carlo.

smO
06-07-2008, 10:05 AM
I hope it's gonna be a tight 5 setter.

shintan17
06-07-2008, 10:09 AM
I hope it will go to the 5th, too. If Nadal plays like he did for the first two and half sets against Joker, no one on the earth has any chance. However, if anyone can do it, it's Roger. Maybe Now or Never for Roger...since Nadal seems to get better and better every year, especially on clay. It's insane.

Political Thunder
06-07-2008, 10:12 AM
It takes a divine power to stop the Raging Bull Rafa. Roger is just a mere mortal and will be trampled like everyone else that stood in Rafa's way.

jetlee2k
06-07-2008, 10:14 AM
i hope it's a 5 set match.. Even if it's a straight set loss to Nadal, I would rather see Fed loss 6-1, 6-1, 6-1 than up 5-0 , 4-0, 5-1 then lost.. That hurts.. I hope the OP is right and Fed wins tomorrow.. I am praying now..

Nadal_Monfils
06-07-2008, 11:03 AM
I have this feeling down in my stomach that Nadal is going to win.

Morrissey
06-07-2008, 11:07 AM
I believe that Roger Federer will beat Rafael Nadal in tomorrow's French Open Final. I have seen Roger become stronger and stronger since Australia, regaining his fitness, form, and confidence and I feel he will peak tomorrow and produce magic in winning the only grand slam title to elude him.

Yes, I know that Rafa has dominated Roger on clay in the past. Yes, I know that Rafa has looked better than ever this year at Roland Garros. Yes, I know that Rafa is the betting favorite, and most people believe that he is unbeatable on clay.

However, I have this feeling inside that goes contrary to popular belief. I have this felling inside that Roger Federer will alter his game plan ever so slightly, which will allow him to walk away with the ultimate victory of his career. Yes, I have this feeling inside that history will be made by this remarkable athlete from Switzerland this year at the French Open.

I will be anxiously watching tomorrow, from beginning to end, as Roger Federer enters tennis immortality!

I have no problem with you wanting to believe. I also believe that Spain will win the Euro Cup this year. ;-)

vigour
06-07-2008, 11:14 AM
I believe, NOT.

Murray_Maniac
06-07-2008, 11:20 AM
Unfortunately, there is no way that Federer can win. The only way that I could see it happening is if Nadal's blisters come back up, which I dont see happening. Its the same as Federer dominating Roddick at Wimbledon, Roddick just couldn't overcome Federer because he was too dominant. Its the same how Nadal is too good for Federer on clay. We've seen it happen 8 of their 9 meetings on clay and twice @ RG. His chances are even less this year because he's out of his peak and Nadal is still the King of Clay.

Bjorn99
06-07-2008, 11:26 AM
That top spun forehand into a stubborn Swiss hardcourt backhand. LOL. I would like to see Federer lose, but at the same time, watching Federer and Hingis cry when they lose, is pretty good hollywood as well. I hope Federer loops some backhands and slices some backhands.

joeri888
06-07-2008, 11:31 AM
I believe it is possible too. I wouldn't bet my money on it, but he's got a chance. Good you believe it too. I think both Rafa and Roger believe Roger can win too, so.. it's certainly not a walk in the park on paper. We'll have to wait and see, i'm looking forward to it.

Zaragoza
06-07-2008, 11:55 AM
I have no problem with you wanting to believe. I also believe that Spain will win the Euro Cup this year. ;-)

Hey if Nadal wins tomorrow, Spain can lose in the quarter finals again. Everyone would be in the right place.

TennisDawg
06-07-2008, 12:04 PM

Novak he try beat me clay. If he practeece, he play better, NO?

Federer I reespect uhh bery much. I play goood in clay, NO? Maybe I think bess in the worl, clay, NO??

Won't happen and I am a Federer Fan. Federer is no. 1, at the French Open he's number 2.

Challenger
06-07-2008, 12:16 PM
I believe Federer will beat Nadal...if the clay somehow sprouts grass, or a concrete slab falls on top of the court.

l_gonzalez
06-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Nadal has never been a bigger favourite at RG.

Federer really has nothing to lose. I hope he sees it this way and for once actually swings freely against Nadal.

The thing that i have noticed about Fed as well is that he has the upper hand against Nadal when he plays his instinctive tennis. Once he starts thinking about what to do on court is when doubt starts creeping into his mind and he starts misfiring.

Fed cannot and will not stick to a game plan, his only chance at beating Nadal is to play the ball and not the man.

Oh and a small tactical thing: any rallies that Fed controls, instead of hitting into the open court and giving Nadal the opportunity to hit his much loved forehand or backhand on the run, Fed needs to go behind Nadal a lot more. everyone knows that the clay at RG is especially slippery.

Simple thing you might think, but i don't think i've ever seen anyone neutralize Nadal's movement by employing this tactic.

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
06-07-2008, 01:34 PM
It seems Federer has been counterpunching too much, not dictating the points the way he used to, and one just can't do that against Nadal. He is far to awesomely strong and confident, but I am hoping for Federer. If he wins, I really do think he would boo-hoo again.

crazylevity
06-07-2008, 01:54 PM
When i saw this title i had the image of the Manchester Utd fans in Moscow with the giant formation which spelt out "BELIEVE".

If Federer adopts the right strategy and BELIEVES in it and sticks with it, he has a fighting chance. No doubt, Nadal will have to be below his best, but Federer has come close too many times not to take one away.

veroniquem
06-07-2008, 01:58 PM
I believe you're setting yourself up for disappointment but if it's your choice...

kalika
06-07-2008, 02:03 PM
I don't believe at all. This is the first year I really feel he has no chance. But, I'm generally bad at picking these kinds of things so who knows.

ACE of Hearts
06-07-2008, 02:10 PM
U gotta give the best player in the world a fighting chance even if its against his nemesis.

Mansewerz
06-07-2008, 02:23 PM
I believe.

Roger I have faith in you. Let's pray that Roger can take away the title tomorrow. The holy grail of tennis is here!!!!!!!!

ledor
06-07-2008, 02:25 PM
One Vote for Nadal, since he can't win any other slams. =p

2nd_Serve
06-07-2008, 03:47 PM

I also believe this. And I'll tell you why. Because in the finals of both Hamburg and Monte Carlo (I think it was those two tournaments), he raced to the near end of a set. His only problem was closing it out. With his new coach, I think he'll overcome that problem, and beat Nadal.

zagor
06-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Well I'm not that much of an optimist as Nadal looks better on clay then ever but I hope Roger can be agressive,serve lights out and somehow make an upset.I'll be rooting hard for Federer as I always do.

Ballmachine
06-08-2008, 07:06 AM
I believe I'm a shmuck!

Photoshop
06-08-2008, 07:11 AM
I know I didn't make any bet but I'll do it anyway.

Rafael Nadal > (Roger federer + Bjorn Borg)

Stchamps
06-08-2008, 07:11 AM
I believe I'm a shmuck!

haha nothing wrong with believing.

MTXR
06-08-2008, 07:12 AM
I believe I'm a shmuck!

LOL!

CyBorg
06-08-2008, 07:15 AM
I believe I'm a shmuck!

http://simplythebest.net/sounds/WAV/sound_effects_WAV/sound_effect_WAV_files/boing_1.wav

tacou
06-08-2008, 07:35 AM
yeah almost.

FalconX
06-08-2008, 07:36 AM
this is yet another proof that religion generally sucks. Look @ all them believers here.