PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Nadal

Atherton2003
06-07-2008, 10:38 AM
I like Nadal, but had some questions....

Why does he wear a size 10 shoe when his foot is a size 11.5? That's got to hurt his toes.

Why does he play left-handed, when he is naturally right-handed? Imagine how much better a player he could be if he wore the correct size shoes and played with his dominant hand.

Why does he spit on the court? Is this something he just utilizes at the French Open due to the clay courts or does he do this all the time?

Do you believe Nadal is a better clay court player than Borg? I remember watching Borg play and he was a terrific clay court player.

Has Nadal ever gotten mad on court? I've watched several matches and even when they make incorrect calls or other players do things to try to annoy him, he never gets mad or says anything...he just continues to play his game and win...

Why does Nadal continually dig into his butt? Does he have a medical issue like a hemorrhoid or is his undies too tight or small on him? Is this something he always does?

Morrissey
06-07-2008, 10:44 AM

Why does he wear a size 10 shoe when his foot is a size 11.5? That's got to hurt his toes.

Why does he play left-handed, when he is naturally right-handed? Imagine how much better a player he could be if he wore the correct size shoes and played with his dominant hand.

Why does he spit on the court? Is this something he just utilizes at the French Open due to the clay courts or does he do this all the time?

Do you believe Nadal is a better clay court player than Borg? I remember watching Borg play and he was a terrific clay court player.

Has Nadal ever gotten mad on court? I've watched several matches and even when they make incorrect calls or other players do things to try to annoy him, he never gets mad or says anything...he just continues to play his game and win...

Why does Nadal continually dig into his butt? Does he have a medical issue like a hemorrhoid or is his undies too tight or small on him? Is this something he always does?

He wears them like soccer players, they were their cleats about one full size smaller than their normal sneakers or shoes. For tight snug feel and a better feel of the ground youīre running on. As for Borg and Nadal, Nadal is one match away from being 28-0 career at the FO. No one has ever won their first 4 appearces at ANY particular slam. Not even Borg. He also owns the longest winning streak on any surface with 80 something. His credentials are astounding and heīs only 22. He can still add to the list and when heīs done itīs very possible that Borg will be looking up at Nadal in every clay record. Iīve never seen him blow up at anyone, break racquets (heck even throw it), complain for any extended period of time at referees in matches. He doesnīt even flinch after a time warning. Heīs so focused itīs scary. Heīs almost on a different planet when it comes to focus and desire. As for the picking, I believe thatīs just a nervous tic. Oh well, at least itīs not the Agassi Snot Rocket. Lastly, Fed spits on court too. I think everyone spits on the court. But once again, at least itīs not the snot rocket grandpa style with one finger on a nostril and the other to let it fly.

Nadal_Monfils
06-07-2008, 10:46 AM
I guess Nadal just wears a tight fit of shoes. Playing lefty gives him a better backhand as his right hand can guide his killer crosscourt passing shot but playing lefty also hinders him from creating extra pace on the serve. I think Borg is a better clay court player but Nadal is gaining on him and Nadal got mad at Soderling last year at Wimbledon for mocking his butt picking (I guess he just wears tight undies).

flyer
06-07-2008, 04:46 PM

The snug fit lets you run faster and get a better feel for the court, Sampras wore very small shoes too

He plays lefty because one hes really good at it and it give righty players trouble because th spins of the ball are opposite, Uncle Toni made the switch when Rafa was young, I believe 10 or 12 or something, he used to play righty and hand a two handed forehand and backhand

The spitting, I haven't seen it much but its a clay court and absorbs right in, no biggy

I don't think Nadal is better than Borg yet, hes certainly got the potential to be better and break all his records, but thats still some time away, saying he is better now is premature, you could say he is more dominant though

Mentally I think Nadal is by far the strongest player around, he never loses focus, I've seen him complain twice to the Ump, it was before Hawk Eye and on a line call that was about 6 inches out and at Dubai when HawkEye called a ball in that was clearly out as the mark on the court indicated

The butt picking is just a habit, he says hes down it since he was a kid and is trying to stop

veroniquem
06-07-2008, 04:50 PM

Why do you pretend to like Nadal when there's actually nothing you like about him? That's the only question I have about you and it might not even be worth answering. Trolling much?

Atherton2003
06-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Why do you pretend to like Nadal when there's actually nothing you like about him? That's the only question I have about you and it might not even be worth answering. Trolling much?

I like Nadal very much...I'm just asking a few questions about him...he is my favorite tennis player. I can't see why you would think I don't like him. I'm sorry if that's the way it seemed....

Atherton2003
06-07-2008, 05:01 PM
I like Nadal very much...I'm just asking a few questions about him...he is my favorite tennis player. I can't see why you would think I don't like him. I'm sorry if that's the way it seemed....

And of course I'll be rooting for Nadal to win tomorrow.....I just hope the pressure isn't too much for him...and that he's not too nervous...I don't want him to lose focus. What I like best about the way he played in the French Open this tournament, is that he started out the match very good instead of starting out slowly and losing some games.....I hope he does well tomorrow.

Nadal_Freak
06-07-2008, 05:04 PM
I see you're a chick. Cool. I guess I'm so used to people insulting Nadal because of his butt picking. He does have some strange habits but it works for him. I can't relate to any of the top players as I can't imagine how much work they went through. Nadal is easy to root for. Much more exciting to watch than Federer.

Atherton2003
06-07-2008, 05:20 PM
I see you're a chick. Cool. I guess I'm so used to people insulting Nadal because of his butt picking. He does have some strange habits but it works for him. I can't relate to any of the top players as I can't imagine how much work they went through. Nadal is easy to root for. Much more exciting to watch than Federer.

I agree - he is more exciting to watch than any other player at the moment. I am concerned with the butt picking only because people would make fun of him rather than realize his talents...that's why I'm hoping he can stop this habit.