PDA

View Full Version : Most Famous Woodies?

WhiteSox05CA
06-07-2008, 01:24 PM
As a young player alive only in the time of graphite and this whack technology, I was wondering what some of the most famous WOOD racquets were.

Which specific models are the most famous woodies?

Moz
06-07-2008, 01:41 PM
Which are the most famous woodies?

Ron Jeremy's.

Bud
06-07-2008, 01:49 PM
Here are a few goodies:

Dunlop Maxply/Maxply Fort

Wilson Jack Kramer Pro Staff/Signature

Rossignol Strato

Wilson Advantage

Bancroft Borg/Player's Special/Super Winner models

Donnay Allwood/Borg

Prince Woodie

Head Vilas

MAX PLY
06-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Add the Slazenger Challenge.

Also, what about all those TAD Davis Racquets (the Imperial, the Classic, etc.)? Did any pro ever play with those sticks? I sure remember lots of the country club set with those racquets but never remember a high profile pro playing with one.

pow
06-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Ron Jeremy's.

I didn't know they made oversize woodies.

Bud
06-07-2008, 02:21 PM

Ron Jeremy's.

I didn't know they made oversize woodies.

Yes, beside his :oops:... there was the Prince Woodie and Head Wood Director :)

Kirko
06-07-2008, 02:34 PM
As a young player alive only in the time of graphite and this whack technology, I was wondering what some of the most famous WOOD racquets were.

kramer auto. in its reg. flex and its firm flex the firm flex was kinda like a Smith Auto. the nicest looking wood racket was a slazenger rosewall & court auto. it had their photos. on the throat in black and white. made in Australia.

LanEvo
06-07-2008, 02:46 PM
were stan smith autograph woodies famous?

Steve Huff
06-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Go to woodtennis.com. You'll see some of the best kept woodies around. The Jack Kramer was probably the biggest seller of all time, followed by the Dunlop MaxPly and then maybe the TAD Davis Imperial. Wilson Chris Everts had a big following among women too.