PDA

View Full Version : AeroPro or Puredrive?

krchawaii
06-07-2008, 02:49 PM
What is the difference between them in how they play?
I looked at the Specs and they seemed very similar.

jmsx521
06-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Pure Drive Roddick is the most stable!

pow
06-07-2008, 03:23 PM
I preferred the non-cortex versions over the cortex and if you need stability, just add weight accordingly.
I have in the past played with PD and own a non-cortex APD, They are very similar to me, I preferred the APD over the PD based on playtesting and results, not sure why, maybe just dumb luck because I can't tell you which has more spin/control/power. Maybe it's the slightly less stiffness that I like but in most cases, you will like a Babolat or you don't. I switched away altogether because I missed playing with feel.

bladepdb
06-07-2008, 03:29 PM
I have tried both in the cortex version and the biggest difference I notice is in how they move. Despite having almost identical stats, the APD's aerobeam and aero modular technologies do live up to their claims (from my findings) and really do allow better movement through the air than the PD. This is why Nadal moved to the APD. He actually started out with the PD but due to his heavy spin-style game, the APD moved through the air a lot more easily for him and thus allowed him to execute the spin readily.

reesespiecestennis
06-07-2008, 07:11 PM
I've also been thinking of demoing these two soon. Would you think the pure drive would be better for me because I like to hit flat and spin together. Not just topspin all of the time like Nadal.

fortunecookiesjc
06-07-2008, 07:31 PM
flat shots are still nice on the APD. Apd is all around nicer imo than pd

2nd_Serve
06-07-2008, 11:20 PM
Lol. ^^ I actually prefer the Pure Drive. But you know, you should demo it. I think both give good spin, and everything else. They are very similar except in the feel. The Pure Drive is a comfortable frame that makes everything feel soft. But the problem is, the frame actually isn't soft, and your arm won't know the damage that racket's doing to you until you have the elbow. The Aero is a bit more crisp. But if you do go with the Pure Drive, like it says above, go with the Roddick

reesespiecestennis
06-08-2008, 02:42 PM
well what if you string it with a sythetic gut string? Will that still mess up your arm? Because I'm looking for that pure drive type of racquet. 11 or so ounces, medium swingweight, good power and spin.

fortunecookiesjc
06-08-2008, 03:47 PM
I have a PDR and a APD.

IMO PDR has no feel. It was pretty stiff. It still played nice and I found that it had LOADS of power. Somewhat controllable

APD is nice lots of spin and its nice to handle and serve with. It might be the strings i was using but i dont like that muted feel from the strings. I like pop.

AJK1
06-08-2008, 03:50 PM
APDC anyday.

fortunecookiesjc
06-08-2008, 03:52 PM
APDC boooo

bladepdb
06-08-2008, 04:31 PM
well what if you string it with a sythetic gut string? Will that still mess up your arm? Because I'm looking for that pure drive type of racquet. 11 or so ounces, medium swingweight, good power and spin.

Yeah in that case you want to go with APDC.

Pure Drive (especially PDR) will be very demanding on your shoulder without a soft string.

B-rian
06-08-2008, 06:57 PM
The APDC really does move through the air differently than the PDC imo it feels a lot more smoother and it felt like it was slicing through the air. I own a PDC myself but I really did like the feel of the APDC better than the PDC but that is jst my preference. I'm considering to switch to the APDC but I'll use the PDC for a little while longer until i decide to switch or not. imo demo both of them and see which one fits you best.

babolat141
06-08-2008, 06:58 PM
apdc for me

logansc
06-09-2008, 07:41 AM
I've played with both and I prefer the APD over the PDC. I don't know why but the PD just seemed overpowered compared to the APD and the APD IMO felt like it had a bit more control than the PD. Nice on flat shots as well as spin. Demoed the APDC and I really didn't notice much of a difference.

TripleB
06-09-2008, 11:07 AM
I've played with both the racquets you mentioned and the Wilson nCode nPro Open is much better than either. Much more solid, better touch at net, and definately much easier to hit flat groundstrokes with. Not to mention, it's a lot cheaper.

TripleB

Octavianus
06-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Yeah in that case you want to go with APDC.

Pure Drive (especially PDR) will be very demanding on your shoulder without a soft string.

You find the Pure Drive stiffer/more demanding than the KSix-One Tour 90?

Thanks

reesespiecestennis
06-09-2008, 04:32 PM
well I haven't really had shoulder problems before. Played with ntour and ag200. I only use synthetic or multi (no poly). Was thinking of playing with pure drive with nrg2. The apdc just seems weird looking to me.

Why do people on talk tennis hate the pure drive so much? I haven't played with it yet, but I see a lot of people playing with them.

Toxicmilk
06-09-2008, 07:14 PM
For some reason, I've always loved the Pure Drive Roddick more than the standard Pure Drive. However, they are both fine racquets imo.

Ivysmash
09-10-2008, 01:44 PM
What would I get if I want power?

pfchang
09-10-2008, 02:05 PM
What would I get if I want power?

PDR or PD.

i've found the APDC to be more for me, the PD/PDR have a bit too much power for my tastes. i also am a topspin baseliner, and the the APDC was a bit more appealing in this aspect and control.

but the KBT trumped that and the PD/R for me.

Murray_Maniac
09-10-2008, 02:06 PM
Man, 2 of the same thread at the same time. Thats sad. Also, this has been discussed a lot so you shoudve searched, but Ill just put my 2 cents on this again. (Talking about pdr, the only 1 Ive hit w/) The Pdr is more solid, stiffer, has much more power, which benefits serve & volleys, & groundies if ya need power. The apdc has amazing control, manverability, & creates mountains of spin. Even though its more comfortable from the baseline, it lacks on the serve and volleys. So, I recommend the pdr to more agressive players w/ a strong serve or if your developing in that aspect & if ya volley, look more into this racquet. Apdc is more for pure baseliners & creating a lot of spin.