PDA

View Full Version : Yonex 002 Tour: A Great Serving Stick

Syfo-Dias
06-07-2008, 05:00 PM
I finally got to go out and practice some serves today with my new 002 Tour. I have to say I was very happy with the way this stick served. I immediately noticed a big jump in power and spin compared to my RQis 1. I'm guessing the reasons are that it's a little lighter and quite a bit stiffer than my RQiS. Also, I recently switched from a 4 3/8 to a 4 1/4 grip and after replacing the stock grip and adding an overgrip it feels perfect. I'm looking forward to playing some sets with it tomorrow. If it plays as well as it serves, I'm going to be really happy.

louis netman
06-07-2008, 08:25 PM
I remember serving powerfully and on a dime one afternoon with that orange stick. I had such a great time that I overdid it and my already injured shoulder hasn't been the same... Have fun!!!

basil J
06-09-2008, 04:20 PM
002 tour is a great serving stick. It rewards a relaxed swing and since I have started using it regularly, my serve has become quite a weapon. I can put enough action on the ball that I never try to hit flat serves anymore, only slice and topspin serves because I lose no pace on either type when I am on. It took me a while to find the right string set up, but for me this raquet plays great strung between 63#-65# depending on the type of string I use. I always string 2# lower on the crosses. Anything under 63#, and I struggle with the power. 002 tour is also quite arm friendly.