PDA

View Full Version : The French Open and Wimbledon this year

TheModernEra
06-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Who is more likely to win both this year? Federer or Nadal....If I had to put $100 on one or the other, I'd gotta go with Nadal.....

ACE of Hearts
06-07-2008, 05:34 PM
I dont think so.Nadal almost got bounced early.I would say Fed even though he wont do it.I am interested in seeing if Nadal can again reach the finals at wimbledon.I wouldnt be shocked to see Djokovic on his side of the draw.

TheTruth
06-07-2008, 05:57 PM
I dont think so.Nadal almost got bounced early.I would say Fed even though he wont do it.I am interested in seeing if Nadal can again reach the finals at wimbledon.I wouldnt be shocked to see Djokovic on his side of the draw.

I'd be willing to bet Djokovic will be on his side of the random draw too. During the commentary I heard them say he played Novak the last three French Opens, a Wimbledon I know, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say, yes Djoko will most probably be on his side of the draw again.

roundiesee
06-07-2008, 07:33 PM
My choice is Nadal- he's the overwheliming favourite in the French final, and is very unlikely to lose to Roger, and he has improved his performance on grass the last few years. I guess we'll see in 2 weeks....

dh003i
06-07-2008, 07:39 PM
obviously Federer...he's already in the FO final, and has a chance to topple Nadal. It isn't even sure that Nadal gets to the Wimbledon final again, and certainly a lot more likely Nadal gets knocked out of the Wimby before the final than Federer does.

quest01
06-07-2008, 07:40 PM
It would be interesting if Fed won the French Open and Nadal won Wimbledon.

Nadal_Freak
06-07-2008, 07:41 PM
obviously Federer...he's already in the FO final, and has a chance to topple Nadal. It isn't even sure that Nadal gets to the Wimbledon final again, and certainly a lot more likely Nadal gets knocked out of the Wimby before the final than Federer does.
Fed has no chance against Nadal at RG. Nadal has a better chance of knocking off Federer on grass than Federer does knocking off Nadal on clay.

joeri888
06-08-2008, 02:20 AM
Fed has no chance against Nadal at RG. Nadal has a better chance of knocking off Federer on grass than Federer does knocking off Nadal on clay.

Interesting for sure. Roger's already in the final, so that makes him closer, yet Rafa came mighty close last year and Roger ain't getting much better as the years go by. I think I'd go with Nadal as well, though I completely disagree with your clearly untrue statement that Roger has NO chance today. It's absolutely ridiculous to say and you shouldn't let yourself make statements like that to answer to people dreaming about Fed winning. It's just not true that he's got NO chance. Even if Rafa triple bagels him, youre still wrong.

joeri888
06-08-2008, 02:22 AM
[/COLOR]

I'd be willing to bet Djokovic will be on his side of the random draw too. During the commentary I heard them say he played Novak the last three French Opens, a Wimbledon I know, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say, yes Djoko will most probably be on his side of the draw again.

How unfair isn't it? Davydenko was number 3 last year at the French, and Roger got him. Roger got Novak at the AO, Roger got Roddick at last years AO, Roger got tons of 3rd seeds on his side, so yes the system's random. I bet the chance is 50% youre right

gj011
06-08-2008, 02:43 AM
I hope Novak will be in Nadal's half in Wimbledon, or otherwise it would not be fair to Djokovic.