PDA

View Full Version : Find simular racket to Fisher Pro 1

dainova
06-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Hi,

I'm thinking to switch from my old Fischer Pro No1 (black/red), so looking for another sticks with midplus head, not light, head light, with good feeling, elbow friendly stick. Somehow I didn't like MSpeed, anybody can recommend such rackets for other brands please.
Will appreciate you input.

Maybe somebody has used one in the closet that I can buy.

Best
Dai

Mansewerz
06-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Nickb should be here soon. i would recommend the Yonex RDX500, but that's discontinued as well. Have you checked out the donnay pro international? Pretty flexible and headlight. did you try racquetfinder yet?

nickb
06-08-2008, 04:44 AM
It depends why you want to switch...I have used that racket for a long time now (for me :)) and I might be switching over to vantage (sponsorship) in the next few weeks. They are pretty unique frames...flexible but crisp and they have a very low SW.

If you tell me why you want something different I can reccomend some rackets...

In the mean time you might want to look at:

- Dunlop Aerogel 200
- Volkl DNX 10 MP
- Tecnifibre T-Fight 320 16x20

Nick

Automatix
06-08-2008, 07:19 AM
Yeah... when it comes to Fischer frames nickb is your man!

nickb
06-08-2008, 07:19 AM
Thanks guys....:)

0d1n
06-08-2008, 08:53 AM
Yeah... when it comes to Fischer frames nickb is your man!

Actually I would say 007, AAAA, Fabrice Leroy and a few others would be "one's man" when asking questions about Fischer frames as well (especially older ones :D).
Nick B is a man to ask with regards to pretty much ANY frame ... he has tried them all (Nick ... you are so promiscuous ntz ntz....:twisted:)

Thanks guys....:)

No probs ... ;)

dainova
06-08-2008, 10:59 AM
Hi, all Tx for comments,
NickB,
I need a new stick instead of current Pro No1 b'cuz it's quite old and mentally I'd like to go with new racket and MSpeed doesn't work

nickb
06-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Hi, all Tx for comments,
NickB,
I need a new stick instead of current Pro No1 b'cuz it's quite old and mentally I'd like to go with new racket and MSpeed doesn't work

Ok...well the racket you have is pretty unique and nothing on todays market will feel similar...that said try the rackets I posted above and also some of the main players rackets from each company like the Head Prestige, Wilson K 6.1 95, Fischer M Comp 95 etc. There are some good rackets out there!

Good luck,

Nick

nickb
06-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Actually I would say 007, AAAA, Fabrice Leroy and a few others would be "one's man" when asking questions about Fischer frames as well (especially older ones :D).
Nick B is a man to ask with regards to pretty much ANY frame ... he has tried them all (Nick ... you are so promiscuous ntz ntz....:twisted:)

No probs ... ;)

Lol..I sure have tried them all...and again...thanks :)

Nick

AAAA
06-08-2008, 04:26 PM
No probs ... ;)

dainova, depending of which of my racquets have the newer strings , newer grip, and several other reasons I switch between a Fischer Pro Classic 90", Pro Comp 95" and a the Pro #1 with the previous paint job to yours. I mainly use the classic and the pro comp because they're better for the aggressive attacking I like to play. I can't recommend a replacement for the Pro #1 because I haven't found one, sorry. I've tried the Yonex RDX 500 mid and the Prince Shark MP but didn't switch to them. For my technique and the way I like to play they both had more negative points than plus.

I've got my eye on the Dunlop AG 100 and AG 200. Until I demo them won't know if they're any good for my game.

Hopefully someone who has moved on and not gone back will recommend something.