PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Use Nblade 98?? Issues!

ksam12
06-07-2008, 07:51 PM
I have a problem with this racket.....it's one of the best rackets i've used...but i've been having issues with this racket in general....i've been experimenting with lead tape but it's getting annoying cuz i never get the right feel.... so i dont know what to do..i might switch to something else lol

vndesu
06-07-2008, 07:54 PM
its too light for me.
i would add lead inside the grip to make it more head light.

fortunecookiesjc
06-07-2008, 08:23 PM
if its the best youve used why screw with lead tape?

ksam12
06-08-2008, 07:05 AM
yeah actually i guess i'm having more issues with lead tape....... i dont know if the sweet spot on the stock nblade is right for me and also the polarization and depolarization setups are making me switch back and forth wasting alot of lead tape.....yeah i agree it's a bit light...that's why i wanted to make it more stable but the lead tape makes it off....but i need lead tape...lol it's like a double edged sword right now

knasty131
06-08-2008, 08:02 AM
sam all i did was put a little in the handle and then added a leather grip...i think the thought of "needing" lead tape could be some sort of complex that many people have on this board...

Buffon#1
06-08-2008, 12:47 PM
I agree, somehow the heavier and the more headlight the racquet you use, the better player you are..
Don't fix it if its not broken, there's nothing wrong with playing with racquet in stock form you know

ksam12
06-08-2008, 06:21 PM
yeah i just thought the nblade was a little light when i went against the hard hitters..I did put some lead tape in the handle but i felt the head of the racket seemed a bit unstable...but suddenly everyone is hitting hard now lol but yeah i understand the advice and about the lead tape craze lol thanks ehhh i also have a bad shoulder injury so i won't be on the court for awhile....which means GYM time lol

Sentinel
06-08-2008, 10:25 PM
I've found it way too light (compared to my PS 60 95) and its has a tinny-ness to it.

Your OP is not clear, what problems are you facing with it ?

ksam12
06-09-2008, 08:24 AM
I guess I don't really have an issue...I'll just have to keep experimenting with different setups and see what I really like. But my priority is stability on a racket but i also want more spin....lol

fuzz nation
06-09-2008, 08:42 AM
Get the balance point figured out before you add some lead, then put a little on the hoop and counter balance with enough on the handle to get back to that same happy balance - my suggestion anyway.

If the "issues" keep haunting you and you try something else, I'd check out a frame that has more heft to give you the stability that you want, but keep it flexible like your nBlade for spin production. Maybe a Prince O3 Tour, something from Fischer or Becker, or maybe the Babolat Pure Storm Tour. Never tried the PK Redondo, but you might want to read up on that one, too. I thought the nBlade was a fun hitter for a "middleweight", but I'm typically a 12+ oz. racquet user - I love the stability and they still give me plenty of spin when flex is in the low 60's to high 50's.

ksam12
06-09-2008, 10:55 AM
sounds good! :)

In)SpiRe
06-09-2008, 11:05 AM
yea sam, my balance board is coming in wednesday so if you want to use it just text me or something. Also getting a postal scale soon so if you wanna measure you weight just ask.

Dark_Angel85
06-09-2008, 10:43 PM
If all you want is to just ADD WEIGHT without shifting the balance of the racquet.. add the lead tapes at the throat (6 o'clock) of the racquet face. NOT THE HANDLE or anywhere else.

You can go to TW's website to figure that out... or to experiment more.

:)

Fedace
06-09-2008, 10:48 PM
IS K-blade that much better than N-blade ??? and which K-blade is better, 98 or 93? which has more power.?

nBladed
06-09-2008, 11:28 PM
I had the same problem with the nBlade. I tried experimenting with different set ups and nothing worked. Against heavy hitters the flexibility would give too much and I would lose control. Ultimately I sold them and moved onto the K90, which I love.

altodds
06-10-2008, 12:01 AM
To each his own
I've used the nBlade98 for a year and its one of the best racket for me, then as under contract by Wilson, I must use the newer models likes of KsixOne 95, it feels great too, but the balance just not fit my style. About K blade 98, its a good racket but I prefer the K Blade Tour.
Now I'm using the K pro open for feeds and teaching, but prefered heavier rackets for my own.

ksam12
06-10-2008, 05:40 AM
yeah I like the nblade....I couldn't really switch because i prefer the very low flex rate. The K-blade reminds me more of a HEAD RADICAL. But yeah I'm going to freshly string up the nblade cuz my strings are getting old...so that could also be a problem

rooski
06-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Not sure why the comments above about the nBlade being unstable and not being able to deal with hard hit balls. I totally disagree. I find it very stable and find that it works beautifully with hard hit balls. The only thing about the nBlade is that it can be finicky with string set ups. Stiff thick polys feel horrible in this racket. Thin co-polys hybrided with a softer cross string around mid tension works the best IMO.

Mine are only a little modified with head tape, overgrip, and with my poly hybrid set up it comes in right at 11.6 oz and 344 SW. the only other mod I would do to this racket is put a leather grip on it but honestly the racket is so good the way it is...I just never get around to it.

To the folks that find the nBlade too light or unstable...I say learn to hit the middle of the racket. Frankly, I think the nBlade handles mis hits quite well.

To the OP...forget lead tape on this racket. It's already got a relatively high SW. If you want to add overall weight add a leather grip.

Bottom line..to each his own. It's about what works in YOUR hands...not someone elses.

KOtennis
06-11-2008, 11:31 PM
ksam12,

i am currently using the kblade 98.

i added lead tape on the handle (4 4-inch strips) and also on the insides of the throat.
right now my kblade 98 is @ 11.85 oz.

i have no problem hitting against hard hitters.
it works perfectly for me.