PDA

View Full Version : [K] Pro Tour and MicroGel Radical Pro

NovakWannabe
06-08-2008, 06:35 AM
Thoughts about these sticks?

njjohan
06-25-2008, 09:45 AM
yeah, comparisons would be great. specs look reasonably similar, similar beam, similar flex, both open string patterns... kpro has smaller head.

Harry24
06-25-2008, 11:06 AM
I have tried the microgel radical and its a pretty solid racquet but I am anxious to try out the KPro next week......:)

P8ntballa
06-26-2008, 02:30 AM
I have hit with both and found that they are built for very differant styles of play, the wilson is great for serve & volley but tends to shrug in harder b-line rallies while the head is very nice from the b-line especially against (or when performing) big hits but then when at net it just feels very sluggish. In stock form I have to go with the Head Radical Pro mainly for its weight and because I am a baseliner, but with some lead added the Wilson Kpro Tour feels far better from all areas of the court. So if you are willing to take the time and have the patience to experiment with lead I would go with the KPT if not (and you play a b-line game) go with the Head Radical Pro.

Harry24
06-26-2008, 11:55 AM
I have hit with both and found that they are built for very differant styles of play, the wilson is great for serve & volley but tends to shrug in harder b-line rallies while the head is very nice from the b-line especially against (or when performing) big hits but then when at net it just feels very sluggish. In stock form I have to go with the Head Radical Pro mainly for its weight and because I am a baseliner, but with some lead added the Wilson Kpro Tour feels far better from all areas of the court. So if you are willing to take the time and have the patience to experiment with lead I would go with the KPT if not (and you play a b-line game) go with the Head Radical Pro.
I do play a basline game and like I said in my thread about this racquet(KPro tour)I like lighter racquets from the baseline, i use the APD and it is super light to me and i love it from everywhere except serves. i think that you just prefer a more control oriented racquet(you like heavier racquets) for meI see the benefits in both and can go either way.

And there is only a .3oz difference between the KPro and the Microgel Radical so u might be able to tell it but not much.

gh65721
06-26-2008, 12:41 PM
kpro tour has a 301 swt. mrp has a 319 swt. but feels heavier. mrp has very open string pattern, great access to spin, i could not get used to the round head. kpt is 16X20, access to spin is not as good, light swt was great for my serve, can get pushed around a little from the baseline.

P8ntballa
06-26-2008, 01:54 PM
I do play a basline game and like I said in my thread about this racquet(KPro tour)I like lighter racquets from the baseline, i use the APD and it is super light to me and i love it from everywhere except serves. i think that you just prefer a more control oriented racquet(you like heavier racquets) for meI see the benefits in both and can go either way.

And there is only a .3oz difference between the KPro and the Microgel Radical so u might be able to tell it but not much.

Theres not much of a diff in static weight but in terms of swing weight the Radical swings heavier allowing it to plow through the contact zone more easily. At higher levels you will start to notice that players not only hit with more pace but also with more spin creating a heavier ball, I find it difficult to return shots with a light stik unless I swing faster and harder which I cannot keep up for a whole match, with a heavy (12+oz) stik it becomes more effortless to return hard and heavy shots deep with pace and then when the courts been opened up the extra weight helps to ease the work of redirecting the balls path and spin, making for easier winners.

Harry24
06-26-2008, 02:34 PM
Theres not much of a diff in static weight but in terms of swing weight the Radical swings heavier allowing it to plow through the contact zone more easily. At higher levels you will start to notice that players not only hit with more pace but also with more spin creating a heavier ball, I find it difficult to return shots with a light stik unless I swing faster and harder which I cannot keep up for a whole match, with a heavy (12+oz) stik it becomes more effortless to return hard and heavy shots deep with pace and then when the courts been opened up the extra weight helps to ease the work of redirecting the balls path and spin, making for easier winners.
I agree with that its just when you want to put away an approach shot that u have to swing fast on its just not there with heavier racquets.

P8ntballa
06-26-2008, 02:50 PM
I agree with that its just when you want to put away an approach shot that u have to swing fast on its just not there with heavier racquets.

Well i guess thats the case for some people... Not for me:)
But to be quite honest with you i find that a heavy stik creates more power and makes puttaways very easy, i feel i have to work more with a lighter stik but thats just me.

Harry24
06-26-2008, 08:51 PM
Well i guess thats the case for some people... Not for me:)
But to be quite honest with you i find that a heavy stik creates more power and makes puttaways very easy, i feel i have to work more with a lighter stik but thats just me.
In a sense yeah you do have to wowrk haarder with a lighter stick cause you have to swing faster. Hmm I guess that means I need to adjust how hard i swing cause if I swing as hard as a do with my APD with the KFactor 90 it would throw my timing off I guess.