PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop 200g hotmelt comparisions

Zeppy
06-08-2008, 05:57 AM
I've been playing tennis for 3-4 years now (In high school), if I were to rate myself on the NTRP, I would probably say 3.0-4. I have a eastern/sw forehand (I'm still looking for one I like better), and a eastern obh (but thinking about switching to the western obh). I haven't been practicing my serves, volleys and smashes for a while, (I think I can be considered as a club player) but I'll start practicing them when I'm not too busy with school.

I use a Dunlop 200g Hotmelt, and I love it. I love how it feels, how it weighs, how it hits the ball, but lately, I have been lacking depth and power. Granted, I'm constantly changing my form but I don't really regret getting rid of bad habits.

Now, back to the subject, the 200g hotmelts are dicontinued, and I was wondering how does the Aerogel 200 compare with the 200g hotmelts?

P.S. I know it's my form that I need to fix so I'm not blaming my racket or the generic strings on it, but since the 200gs are being discontinued, I was wondering if I need another racket replace the 200gs.

0d1n
06-08-2008, 07:49 AM
I've been playing tennis for 3-4 years now (In high school), if I were to rate myself on the NTRP, I would probably say 3.0-4. I have a eastern/sw forehand (I'm still looking for one I like better), and a eastern obh (but thinking about switching to the western obh). I haven't been practicing my serves, volleys and smashes for a while, (I think I can be considered as a club player) but I'll start practicing them when I'm not too busy with school.

I use a Dunlop 200g Hotmelt, and I love it. I love how it feels, how it weighs, how it hits the ball, but lately, I have been lacking depth and power. Granted, I'm constantly changing my form but I don't really regret getting rid of bad habits.

Now, back to the subject, the 200g hotmelts are dicontinued, and I was wondering how does the Aerogel 200 compare with the 200g hotmelts?

P.S. I know it's my form that I need to fix so I'm not blaming my racket or the generic strings on it, but since the 200gs are being discontinued, I was wondering if I need another racket replace the 200gs.

Besides the difference in "feel" which will be subjective, I think you will find the Aerogel version harder to swing fast and slightly more powerful.

____
06-08-2008, 09:06 AM
I am a long time HM200G user and it still be my main stick.I used to try the AG 200 for a while and sold it within a month.IMHO the AG200 is so much stiffer and has less feel than the HM.

I think Dunlop shouldn't even count AG as a 200G line.A whole different racquet in term of feel.

My 2 cents,

1.You must playtest the AG before making a purchase.

2.If you dont mind a bee-like cosmetics,stick to your HMs.

Zeppy
06-08-2008, 01:00 PM
Hmm, so it's harder to swing, stiffer, and less feel. I really should go and demo the Ag 200. But I don't have a credit card and I don't know any local stores that have it.

I really don't mind the bee-like cosmetics, but aren't the HMs harder to find, now a days?

TheKingOfClay
06-08-2008, 01:39 PM
demo it from TW... you will like it...

Yin
06-09-2008, 09:12 AM
I think if you have enough dunlop 200g HMs, you dont really need to get a replacement untill you are out for something different or new.

I have 2 dunlop 200g HMs (broke the 3rd one =[), Im about to test the new dunlop ag200 if i like it i might buy it, if not i definitely stick to my old sticks till new rackets comes out.

Miami Tiburon
06-09-2008, 09:52 AM
Try the Tecnifibre 320 .I use the 16 x 20
but I think you should try the 18 x 20.I was using the 200 g for a while but found the TF 320 much more comfortable