PDA

View Full Version : POG OS users - has anyone had problems with the current ones cracking prematurely?

AndrewD
06-08-2008, 07:11 AM
My POG OS, purchased 3 years ago and only used sporadically, up until a month ago when I started using it for all matches, coaching and practise, has developed a small, hair-line (at present) crack at the point where the head intersects with the throat. The crack runs from one side to the other and is most definitely not a mere paint chip. I always string at low tension and, even with the POG OS, never above 55lbs. It was last strung 12 months ago (with Klip synthetic) and I'm assuming if any damage had occurred I'd have noticed it before now.

My question to all POG OS users is if any of you have experienced problems with the current crop of POGs cracking prematurely (as opposed to cracking due to misuse, accidental damage or fatigue), especially in the throat region. Just thought I should check before throwing money down to buy a new one.

0d1n
06-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Weird, I think you had a similar problem with Microgel Radicals ???!?

AndrewD
06-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Weird, I think you had a similar problem with Microgel Radicals ???!?

Weird - how ?

0d1n
06-08-2008, 10:18 AM
Weird - how ?
Weird...as in strange coincidence/bad luck. Yes ... I know I wasn't on topic or very constructive :). Sorry...but I haven't seen anybody using the POG OS around here so I can't help by checking with them.
Plenty of people use the MG Radical, but since it's a new racket I guess it will take more time for that chronic problem to manifest itself.

guitarplayer
06-08-2008, 01:01 PM
I sure hope not. All graphite seems to be the most solid bet as far as quality. I was just getting ready to order 2 more tonight.

I just love these frames. You can spin the ball, hit it flat, bunt, it doesn't crumble on hard shots, just all around great.