PDA

View Full Version : Babolat or Wilson ?

Sangria Munky
06-08-2008, 09:14 AM
HI, replies with pros and cons would be deeply appreciated...

fortunecookiesjc
06-08-2008, 11:34 AM
uh.... which babolat / wilson are we talking about here????

06-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Another noob post:(

2nd_Serve
06-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Lol. Lets give him a chance guys. Umm....So. IMO, Wilson has more control frames. Even those power frames have tons of control. Babolat, I would say, is based on a combination of both power and control. Of course, there are some Babolat frames that have a lot more control than power, but I think it's only the Pure Storm.

SFrazeur
06-08-2008, 12:14 PM
Another noob post:(

We all have had them. :)

-SF

dave333
06-08-2008, 12:38 PM
Wilson's racquets usually have a softer feel to them, while Babolats have more power.

But there are exceptions to both.

h7hugo
06-08-2008, 01:06 PM
For me, Babolat sucks...WIlson is better.... but it's for me....

Sangria Munky
06-10-2008, 05:52 AM
Apparently this thread is under the " RACQUETS FORUM " which is located at the extreme left column
Therefore it is not a noob post...besides it's not nice to make such remarks on your fellow species.

Masterblaster
06-10-2008, 08:47 AM
Apparently this thread is under the " RACQUETS FORUM " which is located at the extreme left column
Therefore it is not a noob post...besides it's not nice to make such remarks on your fellow species.

Everyone is just saying you should try to help us help you by narrowing the topic to specific models. Don't worry about it man, don't take it personally.

Anyways here is my two cents. The wilsons i have tried in general felt 'nicer' -their frames felt more solid than the babolat. The feedback given from each shot is more 'detailed' and lasts longer. When i say detailed, i feel i get a better idea of where on the stringbed i struck the ball. When I mean it lasts longer, the racquet vibrates for a longer duration through your hand. Babolats in comparrison send a sting up your arm compared to wilsons. This does not feel as nice, but I feel I get more power and spin with the babolats. This is all consistent with what dave333 said.

This may not be consistent with the beginner racquets. Anyways if you are due to use a beginners racquet, the manufacturer you use is probably the last of your worries and you should be focussing on improving your skills.

oceanking
06-10-2008, 03:02 PM
babolat. its easier to stencil on the logo

Snuh
06-10-2008, 03:12 PM
If you spin a Wilson racquet you can have your opponent call up or down and the butt of the racquet will be a "W" or "M"

fortunecookiesjc
06-10-2008, 03:23 PM
Yes, are you looking at specific models that you are interested in?

This is like a quick overview of the wilsons and babolats ive used

Aeropro Drive- Very nice, has lots of feel and its got a very nice swing because of the design. Lots of top spin.

Pure Drive- Very powerful depends on which pure drive people say sometimes it uncontrollable power. Its basically your playing style

I live Aero pro out of them because they just swing nicer for me

Pure Storm- actually only ones i havnt used which i regret. I really want to just all out buy a pure storm limited. I hear they are pretty much pure control sticks. Incredible for serves.

Keep in mind there are many Pure Storm Racquets and I have the Roddick.

Wilson
Ksix one tour 90- been said as a demanding racquet of swingweight and ect but you'll get used to it and play so much better. Very nice racquet and great control..
Ksix one 95- Waiting for mine to come in :) But people say its stiff and powerful but on the contrary its yeah powerful and nice swing
Very comfortable when i demoed
Kblade tour- Great racquet. Has a nice feel to it. Its one of the most control oriented racquet ive used personally next to my dunlop rev pro tour mp.

The new k factor are all pretty nice. My favorite so far are the k90s and k95. Though completely different racquets im used to playing with the prostaff series AkA 6.1 and 6.0 95s

Il Mostro
06-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Chicken or beef? Red or white? Flan or ice cream?