PDA

View Full Version : About the match*spoiler*

Roland
06-08-2008, 09:47 AM
Federer played well, Nadal played better than anyone ever has on clay. Many are over reacting as usual. Nothing happened point-wise for the top three. Federer was probably going to lose. It just happens that he got DESTROYED. Federer beats everyone else on clay. But beating Nadal at Roland Garros is getting more immpossible by the year.
We didn't learn anything about Roger today. The people saying he gave up are delusional and probably never played competive sports.
We learned just how good Nadal is, IMO.
He was pushed in the lead-up tournments a few times, but he utterly dominated EVERY single player at RG: CRUSHED Djokovic and Federer like they were qualifiers.
Nadal is more dominant on clay than we ever imagined.
But yeah,back to overreacting, Federer should retire and not even attempt to win RG again and Nadal should be No.1 automatically after winning a final big.

Wimbledon is going settle a lot of questions. Should be awesome.

sureshs
06-08-2008, 09:49 AM
Nadal will win Wimbledon of course. Fed's third set bagel will prey on his mind and Nadal will exploit it.

Roland
06-08-2008, 09:55 AM
Nadal will win Wimbledon of course. Fed's third set bagel will prey on his mind and Nadal will exploit it.

Federer is trumatized after the match. I doubt he goes to wimbledon. He's going to pull a henin out of fear of Nadal.
He's also going to petition that all the hardcourt slams he won while Rafa was around, should be given to Rafa because he realizes that Rafa should have won those titles since he is far superior to Roger.

FlamEnemY
06-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Yeah, he crushed Federer, but Djokovic was kind of competitive, espacially in the third set. Not that it wasn't a straight set victory, though.
Well, congratulations to Nadal, let's see what happens next..

dh003i
06-08-2008, 10:09 AM

Your funny. Typical predictions of doom from a hater. Federer has more to regret from the Rome '06 Final than this FO final; what can you do but say, "too good"? But you obviously hate Federer more than you like Nadal, because you want to take credit away from Nadal's perfection by saying Federer played poorly.

Will it weigh on his mind? Possibly. It won't stop him from winning Wimbledon; if anything, it'll spur him to be incredibly dominant there. So many other players would have given up against Nadal on clay, hell would have just given up on clay, but Federer keeps giving himself chances, year after year. Yet, according to some, that's not "mental strength"...because they'll never give the guy any credit.

Roland
06-08-2008, 10:25 AM
Your funny. Typical predictions of doom from a hater. Federer has more to regret from the Rome '06 Final than this FO final; what can you do but say, "too good"? But you obviously hate Federer more than you like Nadal, because you want to take credit away from Nadal's perfection by saying Federer played poorly.

Will it weigh on his mind? Possibly. It won't stop him from winning Wimbledon; if anything, it'll spur him to be incredibly dominant there. So many other players would have given up against Nadal on clay, hell would have just given up on clay, but Federer keeps giving himself chances, year after year. Yet, according to some, that's not "mental strength"...because they'll never give the guy any credit.

I thought Sureshs was being sarcastic..
But I agree with most of your post.

tbonegas
06-08-2008, 10:31 AM
I think we did learn something about Federer today.We learnt that he has no idea how to play Nadal on clay.That was the biggest whooping he has received and he was absolutely demoralised I have never seen him look as dejected as he was today

xsuper
06-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Oh come on, these people might be human, but they are still pros.
I'm sure Fed will be fine.

sureshs
06-08-2008, 10:33 AM

We are talking only about Fed vs Nadal.

CyBorg
06-08-2008, 10:40 AM
Roger didn't play well, but he played as well as he did against Monfils.

Roland
06-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Roger didn't play well, but he played as well as he did against Monfils.

I think he played pretty well in the early stages of the second, when suddenly, it looked like all the games were going to be close. Before that and after that, Nadal was overwhelmingly good and federer would've had to have played his best to keep up. He played less than that (at varying degrees of suckitude) and he got smashed as consquence. Even if Federer had played great the whole match, he would have had to come up with something amazing to beat Nadal, considering Nadal's level of play( 46 winners to 7 errors)

flyer
06-08-2008, 10:53 AM
is this just me or does this make federer like 10 times less scary even on grass, i dont even know if i see him coming close to beating either Nadal or Djokovic at Wimby