PDA

View Full Version : Who will be ranked #1 at the end of the year?

jrstrat
06-08-2008, 10:01 AM
It is going to be very interesting to see how the rest of the year plays out and who ends up ranked #1 at the end of the year. Any thoughts?

dh003i
06-08-2008, 10:04 AM
Federer will still be #1, he's taking Wimbledon and the USO. (Unless they screw up Wimbledon even more; hopefully, they make it Wimbledon again).

I predict he'll be #1 the end of this year, and will make a serious run at #1 for 6 straight years, to beat Sampras' record as #1.

After that, I think Nadal has a serious chance at RG-Wimbledon double, and YE #1.

ACE of Hearts
06-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Fed has some serious heat on him.He better answer the call at wimbledon.Unless they changed the surface, he should be ready.He knows what he has to do.I wanna see him and Djoker in a semi.

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
06-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Federer will be #1. He's the favorite at the 2 remaining slams, the Masters Cup, and at all of the remaining masters series bascially. Djokovic can challenge him at the Open, but Fed is gonna be ****ed after what just happened. And he'll win Wimbledon, and I don't think Nadal will make it back to the finals like his flukes before.

And if anyone is going to be #1 besides Fed it would be Djokovic. Nadal is a one surface wonder who doesn't have it to be #1

Roland
06-08-2008, 10:15 AM
Whoever is the two slam winner this year. (I don't think anyone else will win a slam)

jrstrat
06-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Federer will be #1. He's the favorite at the 2 remaining slams, the Masters Cup, and at all of the remaining masters series bascially. Djokovic can challenge him at the Open, but Fed is gonna be ****ed after what just happened. And he'll win Wimbledon, and I don't think Nadal will make it back to the finals like his flukes before.

And if anyone is going to be #1 besides Fed it would be Djokovic. Nadal is a one surface wonder who doesn't have it to be #1

Nadal is absolutely not a one surface wonder. He has been to the finals of Wimbleton twice, and he has won a couple tennis masters on hard. He finished the Jan-April hardcourt swing at #2 in the race points. He has a good shot to finish #1 at the end of the year and only time will tell.

justsomeecho
06-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Nadal will take Wimbledon, or at least reach the final, but he'll only make it to the semi's at the US.
Djokovic might win US this year, so he's got a real good chance.
In reality, it's a toss up for the three, but I want Nadal to take it.

drive
06-08-2008, 10:45 AM

LOL
ten chars

Rickson
06-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Roger Federer.

cujays
06-08-2008, 12:27 PM
novak will followed buy nadal then fed
novak will win the USO
and nadal has a chance at wimby