PDA

View Full Version : Fist punching

Telepatic
06-08-2008, 09:38 AM
Hi,I would like to dicuss about fist punching.I noticed alot of members of this board bash Novak for his fist punching when he celebrate some good point of his,thus calling him even arrogant because of this behaviour(??!).I'm fine with all of your opinnion about some player unless it is actually a normal reason.I saw fist punching as a point celebration so many times..In this RG by many low seeded players(even Monflis),past tournaments,even in my computer/mobile tennis game,and I really dont see it as a normal reason to bash any player because of it.Expecially Novak,who's a good young player on all type of courts and has respect for all players(nobody mentioning his racquet clapping,and his interview statements about respect he has about other (top seeded) players).

P.S-Please,no need for mature posts like-"Fanboy alert" or so,I would just like to elaborate on reason for only bashing him for this.And sorry for not so great English.

Philcoa
06-08-2008, 10:58 AM
When they ban grunting then we can talk about fist-punching which is harmless and doesn't affect the opponents.

(Blank)
06-08-2008, 11:07 AM
I think it's just people who don't like Djokovic because his extreme confidence can come off as arrogance at times.

Sampragassi
06-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Harmless ... unless your opponent happens to be on the end of the fist that you are punching that is.

Serpententacle
06-08-2008, 11:33 AM
It's because Nole fist pumps at the wrong times. Not to mention it's melodramatic. Almost smarmy. Just my opinion.

Telepatic
06-08-2008, 11:56 AM
It's because Nole fist pumps at the wrong times. Not to mention it's melodramatic. Almost smarmy. Just my opinion.

Yes,maybe you can dislike it because of these reasons but its not arrogant behaviour:-|