PDA

View Full Version : The Winner of Wimbledon is......

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
06-08-2008, 12:13 PM
Andy Roddick. He will own Roger and Rafa like he did in Miami and Dubai.

ACE of Hearts
06-08-2008, 12:14 PM
LOL.Thanxs, i needed a good laugh.

Fedace
06-08-2008, 12:15 PM
I will BOLDLY pick John ISNER as the new Wimbledon champion. Roddick will be blown away if they play in early rounds. Isner has better serve, better returns and better groundies.

Rickson
06-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Too easy. Roger Federer.

babbette
06-08-2008, 12:37 PM
It's a 3 man race...actually 2 because Djokovic will retire again. 8)

samster
06-08-2008, 01:04 PM
I will BOLDLY pick John ISNER as the new Wimbledon champion. Roddick will be blown away if they play in early rounds. Isner has better serve, better returns and better groundies.

This is what I recall when I saw the TV match between Isner against Federer at the US Open 2007: Isner had no ground game and no return game. He had a big serve. Isner is not going to win Wimbledon this year, if ever.

Legend of Borg
06-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Andy Roddick. He will own Roger and Rafa like he did in Miami and Dubai.

Yes. Him and his amazing volleys.

TMCW140
06-08-2008, 01:07 PM
hehe, bless the patriotism. Federer to win, and hopefully Any Murray to go out spectacularly 1st round, spectacularly :-D

Legend of Borg
06-08-2008, 01:08 PM

Because of a sore throat.

Sarzy
06-08-2008, 01:14 PM
hehe, bless the patriotism. Federer to win, and hopefully Any Murray to go out spectacularly 1st round, spectacularly :-D

Oh I really hope Murray is out early, otherwise over here in the uk we have to put up with Sue Barker talking about him non stop and his matches getting priority over all the others when it comes to tv coverage.

sureshs
06-08-2008, 01:35 PM
It is either Isner or Querrey.

Murray_Maniac
06-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Its not Roddick, for sure. He lost to Murray in 06 and Gasquet in 07, so he can't go too far. Federer is out of his peak, and Djokovic hasn't proven that he is well suited to grass. So, at the moment, if I had to bet on some1, I'd bet on Nadal. That final last year was verry close. If Federer had been any bit less sharp, he would have lost it. Now, without that much edge, and so much more competition, I doubt that he'll win another wimbledon. But, I'm still rooting for Murray now and especially in the next few years.

Miami Tiburon
06-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Nadal in five against Federer

jmsx521
06-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Other possibles are Ivo Karlovic and Robin Soderling. The grass should blossom Karlovic's game, and Soderling was toe-to-toe with Nadal last year at Wimbledon.... No reason for him not to be toe-to-toe with whoever is in the final.

moonbat
06-08-2008, 02:06 PM
This is what I recall when I saw the TV match between Isner against Federer at the US Open 2007: Isner had no ground game and no return game. He had a big serve. Isner is not going to win Wimbledon this year, if ever.

Aw, true. His groundies are suspect for sure.

Breaker
06-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Lleyton Hewitt d. Nicolas Almagro 2-6, 6-3, 6-7 (8), 7-6 (11), 9-7.

Nadal_Freak
06-08-2008, 02:10 PM
3 man race. Roddick is the 4th best on grass now.

malakas
06-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Oscar Hernandez

TheKingOfClay
06-08-2008, 02:23 PM
I say James Blake...:) j/k... it will be Nadal, the way he is playing right now, he is UNSTOPPABLE...

Telepatic
06-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Djokovic will retire again. 8)

Cuz hes too go(o)d:)

Tchocky
06-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Everyone is talking about the Big 3. I'm interested in seeing how the 3 musketeers do: Gasquet, Tsonga & Mahut. I wouldn't be surprised to see Roddick & Hewitt go deep into the tourney. I'm picking Venus on the women's side.

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
06-08-2008, 05:21 PM
all you haters will be surprised when aaaaaaaaaaaaaaandy roddick takes the crown.1

BeHappy
06-08-2008, 05:23 PM
If he hits his forehand oldschool like he did in Dubai, ie:, hitting 4 to 5 100mph+ forehands per match, where he beat Djokovic and Nadal back to back, then he probably will win.

edberg505
06-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Everyone is talking about the Big 3. I'm interested in seeing how the 3 musketeers do: Gasquet, Tsonga & Mahut. I wouldn't be surprised to see Roddick & Hewitt go deep into the tourney. I'm picking Venus on the women's side.

Tsonga won't be in Wimby this year (knee injury). Mahut is one of my favourite players and he will probably do well at Wimby this year since he will have direct entry into the tournament instead of having to qualify like he did last year. He ran into his 2 countrymen last year and played a 5 setter against Clement and lost in straights to Gasquet. I'm sure he was spent by all the tennis he had to play Gasquet. If he has a good draw he could do some damage.

bagung
06-08-2008, 06:29 PM
3 WAY RACE...
nadal, djokovic and federer......
VAMOS RAFA

bagung
06-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Sorry No Place For Roddick ,blake And Tsonga....

NamRanger
06-08-2008, 06:36 PM
3 man race. Roddick is the 4th best on grass now.

Hilarious. Massive choke by Roddick who was beating Gasquet badly with a shadow of his former forehand. If he rips forehands like he did in Dubai, he is undoubtly one of the top 3 choices to win Wimbledon.

Roddick is having a great year so far. He beat Nadal and Djokovic, showing that he has mental strength and doesn't fold like Federer. He's shown that he has improved his volleys VASTLY. Massive upgrade on his backhand and his forehand seems to be returning to the old 2003 forehand of destruction. His serve is dangerous, and if he can put everything together for Wimbledon, I really don't see anyone stopping him.

whereisz
06-08-2008, 09:06 PM
My bet is on Roddick this year.

Nadal_Freak
06-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Hilarious. Massive choke by Roddick who was beating Gasquet badly with a shadow of his former forehand. If he rips forehands like he did in Dubai, he is undoubtly one of the top 3 choices to win Wimbledon.

Roddick is having a great year so far. He beat Nadal and Djokovic, showing that he has mental strength and doesn't fold like Federer. He's shown that he has improved his volleys VASTLY. Massive upgrade on his backhand and his forehand seems to be returning to the old 2003 forehand of destruction. His serve is dangerous, and if he can put everything together for Wimbledon, I really don't see anyone stopping him.
I bet the betting odds are most used on Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic. Roddick is very good on grass. That is why I put him at 4. In most tournaments, I wouldn't even give him that much credit. Also a shoulder injury could really set him back for Wimbledon.

NamRanger
06-08-2008, 09:38 PM
I bet the betting odds are most used on Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic. Roddick is very good on grass. That is why I put him at 4. In most tournaments, I wouldn't even give him that much credit. Also a shoulder injury could really set him back for Wimbledon.

If he's healthy and playing like he should be playing, he will steam roll Nadal off the court. Nadal still struggles with big flat hitting on ultra fast surfaces. This was really evident at Dubai, where Roddick was doing damage even with his backhand. Sure, Nadal took him to a tiebreaker first set, but that was before Roddick was confident in his abilities.

Once the second set started, Roddick was at full steam and brimming with confidence. Nadal really didn't stand a chance. If Roddick plays like this, I would give Nadal a set at best.

Djokovic couldn't even go toe to toe with Roddick. The only person I've ever seen toy with Roddick 2003 form, was Federer. That's how scary Roddick is when he's really going for his forehand.

Edit : Grass isn't fast, but the ball still skids real well. Flat hitting still works, just not as effective anymore.

Nadal_Freak
06-08-2008, 11:07 PM
If he's healthy and playing like he should be playing, he will steam roll Nadal off the court. Nadal still struggles with big flat hitting on ultra fast surfaces. This was really evident at Dubai, where Roddick was doing damage even with his backhand. Sure, Nadal took him to a tiebreaker first set, but that was before Roddick was confident in his abilities.

Once the second set started, Roddick was at full steam and brimming with confidence. Nadal really didn't stand a chance. If Roddick plays like this, I would give Nadal a set at best.

Djokovic couldn't even go toe to toe with Roddick. The only person I've ever seen toy with Roddick 2003 form, was Federer. That's how scary Roddick is when he's really going for his forehand.

Edit : Grass isn't fast, but the ball still skids real well. Flat hitting still works, just not as effective anymore.
Grass is unpredictable. It forces players to be safer with their shots. Also the higher bounces will give Nadal opportunities for passes. Nadal has never felt so fresh coming into the grass season. Nadal prefers Grass much more than Fast Hardcourts. Also Nadal's confidence has never been so high. We'll see what happens.

Arbartrator
06-08-2008, 11:27 PM
roddicks been praticing on grass while people were at roland garros i hope roddick wins wimbledon

Nadal_Freak
06-08-2008, 11:31 PM
roddicks been praticing on grass while people were at roland garros i hope roddick wins wimbledon
That's been happening every year. Roddick has always had that advantage. Unfortunately, Wimbledon has not been as friendly to his game as Queens.

PCXL-Fan
06-08-2008, 11:46 PM
I agree with Nadal Freak. The logical choice would be to predict it will a 3 man race between Nadal, Federer and Djokovic. and Roddick would be behind them as a forth pick.

2ndServe
06-09-2008, 12:13 AM
sorry but no collegiate player will probably ever win a grand slam again.

lovecr717
06-09-2008, 12:59 AM

Funny.

10 charac

cueboyzn
06-09-2008, 01:20 AM
With the roof back on this year it has to be Roger. Due to the roof being off the wind got into the stadium last year and played havoc with the ball and it is well publicized Roger hates that. And it didn't only happen in the final either. Fortunately Roger was good enough to overcome this factor. But it will be a non-factor this year and we all know whats coming next year = roof.

Nadal is great and all respect to him his achievements so far at Wimbledon have been really great. But remember he was 2 sets down to Youzhny last year before Youzhny's back gave out. Nadal keeps having 5 setters on his way to the final there (Soderling as well). He cant keep doing it every time. There are players that can hit through him on grass.

Roger all the way.

NamRanger
06-09-2008, 04:59 AM
Grass is unpredictable. It forces players to be safer with their shots. Also the higher bounces will give Nadal opportunities for passes. Nadal has never felt so fresh coming into the grass season. Nadal prefers Grass much more than Fast Hardcourts. Also Nadal's confidence has never been so high. We'll see what happens.

Roddick doesn't need to be safe. He holds serve 90% of the time on grass anyways. Why would Roddick be coming to the net? That is just preposterous. Roddick just has to go for his forehand and his returns.

In 2004, this is exactly how Roddick played at Wimbledon. Serve, forehand. Point was over. On his returns, he just swung like a wild monkey, and connected a few times to get the break. A little oversimplification how he played, but that's really what Roddick's entire game was in 2004 at Wimbledon. He took a lesson from Sampras and just went for everything.

Nadal may have confidence, but this surface allows people to hit through him. Roddick can easily do that too, if he chooses to do so. Now if he tries to do this topspin allcourt crap, then yes, he's going to lose (badly too).

zagor
06-09-2008, 05:11 AM
Yeah,I don't understand why Roddick doesn't just swing for the fences anymore(like he did in 2004) when he can rely on that monster serve of his.It could certainly pay off if he was to play someone like Nadal because he'd take his time away.

boredone3456
06-09-2008, 05:11 AM
Nadal for the men. After dismantling fed in the Roland Garros final the way he did, he will go into Wimby with renwed confidence. Last year should have been his year, but a rough week leading to the final, injuries, and fed getting five days rest because of Haas's injury all compiled to stop him, this year I say the title goes to him.

for the Women....I dunno. On grass, the Williams can never be counted out. Venus has barely played this year and when she has she has looked sloppy. She is defending champ and given things she will probably get a top 4 seed at Wimby..so if she finds the form she did last year she could take it. Serena will declare herself the favorite again, but I predict she will crash and burn like she did at the french. I will go out on a limb and say Sharapova for the women, she will be eager to avenge her fourth round falling last year and has a good game for grass, if she can avoid Venus, she could take the whole thing. notable contenders for the womens other than those three, are the serbs and Safina, Dementieva, Kuznetsova and I would throw Hantuchova in there also. Also....4th rd or quarters for Davenport is she can get a good draw.

zagor
06-09-2008, 05:16 AM
Nadal for the men. After dismantling fed in the Roland Garros final the way he did, he will go into Wimby with renwed confidence. Last year should have been his year, but a rough week leading to the final, injuries, and fed getting five days rest because of Haas's injury all compiled to stop him, this year I say the title goes to him.

Having 5 days off in a middle of a slam is in no way an advantage as you can lose your rhytm and match toughness.Also last year in semis Nadal got a tired Djokovic(who was the biggest victim of rain and crazy schedule not Nadal) who could barely walk.

NamRanger
06-09-2008, 05:17 AM
Yeah,I don't understand why Roddick doesn't just swing for the fences anymore(like he did in 2004) when he can rely on that monster serve of his.It could certainly pay off if he was to play someone like Nadal because he'd take his time away.

Yea, that really never made any sense to me. He uses topspin so much when he's a big guy.

93sq.
06-09-2008, 05:20 AM

Isner!?Is he a tennis player!?

I'm going with nadal...i hope that!

The day after his victory i hope that someone will realize that that's not the real wimbledon...and that slow down the grass is an idiot idea...

93sq.
06-09-2008, 05:25 AM
....uh...get ready to good performances from querrey,nishikori,bolelli,tipsarevic...

Maybe lleyton hewitt...

Of course these are not winners...

Women...mmm...

Sharapova or venus.
Dall'Acqua...i hope will play a good tournament

Puma
06-09-2008, 05:28 AM
After yesterday, I have to say Nadal is the favorite.

Andres
06-09-2008, 05:36 AM
My darkhorse for Wimby is Tipsarevic. He has everything to succeed on grass.

And it's about time for Karlovic to reach the 2nd week!

cueboyzn
06-09-2008, 06:23 AM
Funny how some people seem to think because Nadal just thrashed Roger on clay, that he will now beat him on grass. The two surfaces are like chalk and cheese. On grass Nadal will not be able to defend like he does on clay. I predict a Fed-Roddick final. It still burns Roddick that he lost to Gasquet from 2 sets up last year.

cknobman
06-09-2008, 07:47 AM
I want Fed to win but he hasnt inspired me with any confidence this year so far. He is no longer the wimby favorite.

I predict a Roddick-Djoker final. And a very very rare Roddick thumping.

tennis85_crhyme
06-09-2008, 08:52 AM
i am going to go with Tsonga :)

zagor
06-09-2008, 08:53 AM
i am going to go with Tsonga :)

Not possible.He isn't able to play because of injury.

Nadal_Monfils
06-09-2008, 09:19 AM
Having 5 days off in a middle of a slam is in no way an advantage as you can lose your rhytm and match toughness.Also last year in semis Nadal got a tired Djokovic(who was the biggest victim of rain and crazy schedule not Nadal) who could barely walk.

Yes, and Federer got a tired and worn out Gasquet who couldn't give his best effort in the semis. Hopefully, there won't be as much rain this year.

Nadal_Freak
06-09-2008, 09:37 AM
Funny how some people seem to think because Nadal just thrashed Roger on clay, that he will now beat him on grass. The two surfaces are like chalk and cheese. On grass Nadal will not be able to defend like he does on clay. I predict a Fed-Roddick final. It still burns Roddick that he lost to Gasquet from 2 sets up last year.
Did you miss the last 2 Wimbledon's? Nadal likes grass and just about beat Fed last year at Wimbledon. He was up 2 breaks in the 4th set before his knee started to bother him. After the injury timeout Fed gained back the momentum Nadal had.

NamRanger
06-09-2008, 11:44 AM
Did you miss the last 2 Wimbledon's? Nadal likes grass and just about beat Fed last year at Wimbledon. He was up 2 breaks in the 4th set before his knee started to bother him. After the injury timeout Fed gained back the momentum Nadal had.

Nadal closed that 4th set out easily. The 5th Federer was in big trouble because of his own errors, not because Nadal forced anything. Federer shutdown Nadal's chances of winning with his clutch serving ability in the 5th. Nadal was not close to winning. He pushed him, but in no way was he even close to winning.

Nadal_Freak
06-09-2008, 11:46 AM
Nadal closed that 4th set out easily. The 5th Federer was in big trouble because of his own errors, not because Nadal forced anything. Federer shutdown Nadal's chances of winning with his clutch serving ability in the 5th. Nadal was not close to winning. He pushed him, but in no way was he even close to winning.
That is total BS. Nadal was on fire until that injury. Nadal was in control and I was expecting him to win until that injury. That gave Fed more hope after that even if it didn't bother Nadal that much. Nadal got a 2 break lead before that injury. After that he didn't break Fed again. It was a momentum swing that could've been avoided if Nadal didn't injure his knee. He obviously had Fed flustered before that.

NamRanger
06-09-2008, 11:53 AM
That is total BS. Nadal was on fire until that injury. Nadal was in control and I was expecting him to win until that injury. That gave Fed more hope after that even if it didn't bother Nadal that much. Nadal got a 2 break lead before that injury. After that he didn't break Fed again. It was a momentum swing that could've been avoided if Nadal didn't injure his knee. He obviously had Fed flustered before that.

Not BS. Nadal had many BPs against Federer in the 5th, he did not capitalize. Federer turned it up to a whole new level, whacking away at Nadal's serve and consistently attacking with his huge forehand.

Sorry dude, you may love Nadal, but facts are facts. Nadal had MANY chances to take the lead in the 5th; Federer SHUT HIM DOWN. Period.

Nadal_Freak
06-09-2008, 11:57 AM
Not BS. Nadal had many BPs against Federer in the 5th, he did not capitalize. Federer turned it up to a whole new level, whacking away at Nadal's serve and consistently attacking with his huge forehand.

Sorry dude, you may love Nadal, but facts are facts. Nadal had MANY chances to take the lead in the 5th; Federer SHUT HIM DOWN. Period.
Well the gap between Nadal and Federer on clay is much bigger now. I think part of that can translate to other surfaces. Especially now that Nadal is more offensive minded.

NamRanger
06-09-2008, 12:00 PM
Well the gap between Nadal and Federer on clay is much bigger now. I think part of that can translate to other surfaces. Especially now that Nadal is more offensive minded.

On any surface that isn't clay, Nadal is very prone to just being blown off the court. Good examples are against Tsonga at the AO, Blake at the USO, Blake at the TMC, etc.

He's good no doubt, but he is much more prone to an upset on grass than Federer is on clay.

Nadal_Freak
06-09-2008, 12:07 PM
On any surface that isn't clay, Nadal is very prone to just being blown off the court. Good examples are against Tsonga at the AO, Blake at the USO, Blake at the TMC, etc.

He's good no doubt, but he is much more prone to an upset on grass than Federer is on clay.
Nadal is better on grass than hardcourts. No doubt about that. Players have trouble taking the ball on the rise on grass and therefore struggle with taking it to Nadal like hardcourts. Nadal's serve is very good now and the grass court exaggerates the slice on it. Also Nadal usually has to play some long matches at the French Open. He didn't have to do that this year. I expect him to be much fresher for the second half of the year as long as he doesn't have to play 7 days in a row like last year at Wimbledon.

madmanfool
06-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Roddick can definitely do well. But Dubai says nothing in my eyes. Because the courts in Dubai are faster than in Wimbledon.

NamRanger
06-09-2008, 12:38 PM
Roddick can definitely do well. But Dubai says nothing in my eyes. Because the courts in Dubai are faster than in Wimbledon.

Sad but true. The courts at Wimbledon are still fast enough and skid just enough for Roddick to still have a good chance of winning though.

TheTruth
06-09-2008, 12:58 PM

Anybody with eyes could see that. Did you notice how even the commentators kept mentioning it? Even Borg admitted it in the post match interview that Nadal was unlucky not to have won that match. Some of these people are hilarious in their denial!

TheTruth
06-09-2008, 01:11 PM

And you think the injury had no bearing? Nadal was killing Fed until that injury timeout. Had Nadal not taken called for the trainer, Fed would have never risen to the occasion. The injury timeout gave Fed the extra motivation he needed to continue to believe because he knew Nadal was hurt. Other than that Fed would have been hanging his head with poor body language just like he did yesterday.

After the match JMac asked Nadal how does he do it? Nadal said motivation. What was the motivation? IMO, it was Federer talking trash before the tournament. I'm going to win the French. I'm getting closer. I can beat Nadal. Blah, blah, blah. Then he comes in and commences to get the second worst French Open beatdown in over twenty years. Facts are facts. Your boy was beaten in the locker room. Maybe in the future he should just shut up and wait until he does it. Fed got clubbed.

icazares
06-09-2008, 01:18 PM
Nadal lost a total of 41 games in the entire French Open 2008, so his average was better than 6 games per match. Is this the all time record? Does anybody know?

jaggy
06-09-2008, 01:29 PM
I am not a Roddick fan but think he has a genuine shot, right now id put him behind the top 3 but with a real chance of beating any of them on grass.

veroniquem
06-09-2008, 01:38 PM
And you think the injury had no bearing? Nadal was killing Fed until that injury timeout. Had Nadal not taken called for the trainer, Fed would have never risen to the occasion. The injury timeout gave Fed the extra motivation he needed to continue to believe because he knew Nadal was hurt. Other than that Fed would have been hanging his head with poor body language just like he did yesterday.

After the match JMac asked Nadal how does he do it? Nadal said motivation. What was the motivation? IMO, it was Federer talking trash before the tournament. I'm going to win the French. I'm getting closer. I can beat Nadal. Blah, blah, blah. Then he comes in and commences to get the second worst French Open beatdown in over twenty years. Facts are facts. Your boy was beaten in the locker room. Maybe in the future he should just shut up and wait until he does it. Fed got clubbed.
I knew Fed was bluffing but why he would lie like that just baffles me.

zagor
06-09-2008, 01:51 PM
After the match JMac asked Nadal how does he do it? Nadal said motivation. What was the motivation? IMO, it was Federer talking trash before the tournament.

I sincerely doubt that,Nadal not only respects but genuinely like Federer MUCH more then his fans do here(I doubt Nadal would have been as reserved in his celebrations if he beat Novak for example in the final by the same score) .Also Nadal is all bussines on court,no personal emotions involved(negative or positive) as evidenced by the fact that he bageled his best friend and mentor in early days Carlos Moya when they played last year at FO.

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
06-09-2008, 02:01 PM
Before we believe that Nadal will beat Federer easily, you guys must keep in mind that last year Rafa almost lost to Robin Soderling and was down two sets to love against Youzhny before he came back. Getting past other players besides Federer will be the harder part for him. I'd love to see Gasquet and Roddick play, and see the beatdown Roddick gives.

Q&M son
06-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Federer will be back...

veroniquem
06-09-2008, 02:47 PM
Before we believe that Nadal will beat Federer easily, you guys must keep in mind that last year Rafa almost lost to Robin Soderling and was down two sets to love against Youzhny before he came back. Getting past other players besides Federer will be the harder part for him. I'd love to see Gasquet and Roddick play, and see the beatdown Roddick gives.
I agree but I also think that Rafa is playing better than last year (serve and backhand, more offensive too). It remains to be seen how it will translate on grass but I hope he will win his matches more easily there too.

soggyramen
06-09-2008, 06:24 PM
i think that only fed, djokovic, and roddick could win wimbledon this year. if rafa draws youhzny in his draw again i think he may go down to him. if youhzny is healthy he'll win he did have a 2 set and 1 break lead over rafa during last years wimby when he started having back problems and his serve suffered cuz of it.

NamRanger
06-09-2008, 06:30 PM

Nadal should have known that. Why give a cornered animal hope? Also, it is not Federer's fault that Nadal did not capitalize on his chances in the 5th set. The FO is irrelevant, this is grass, and this is Wimbledon. Federer stepped up to the plate in that 5th set, and Nadal didn't. Simple as that. It is irrelevant whether Nadal gave Federer hope or not. That is HIS fault for scheduling poorly, not Federer's. Federer wanted to win the 5th set more then Nadal did. And that's a fact.

cueboyzn
06-10-2008, 02:10 AM
Anyone who thinks what happens on clay has any bearing to what happens on grass really doesn't know much about tennis at all IMO.

Most of this talk after the French Open, a lot of it is subjective and a lot of it is reactionary hype. The press certainly is the same. But then sensationalism is their business.

tennis-newb
06-10-2008, 02:50 AM
what about stanislas wawrinka? anyone think hes got a chance to go deep into wimby?

fednad
06-10-2008, 03:13 AM

That is really bold

fednad
06-10-2008, 03:15 AM
Too easy. Roger Federer.

The terseness and economy of words in your argument is impressive.
And, before I forget to mention, I second your opinion

cueboyzn
06-10-2008, 04:55 AM
Some people clearly don't realize just how much of a difference the roof being off last year made.

I keep saying it. With the roof back on and no wind getting inside the stadium to mess with the ball... it has to be Roger all the way.

Greenfin Beta
06-10-2008, 05:32 AM
during an interview yesterday at queens djokovic was asked in which half of the draw at wimbledon he would prefer to be and his reply was "in rafa's". it seems he feels he has a better chance of beating nadal on grass than he would federer.