PDA

View Full Version : Can someone translate this!

drummerboy
06-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Was browsing a little and got a little nostalgic for a good claycourter and found this clip of Rafa and El Gato. Can someone translate what this was all about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1JBbKbtzJY&feature=related

Miami Tiburon
06-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Way too hard to understand and the captions are blury.What I did hear Rafa say a couple of times is ( I have not said anything ).It seems by the comments under the video that Rafa is being accused of saying a racist comment towards the Argentinian player.

babbette
06-08-2008, 02:36 PM
apparently it went something like this:

Gaudio " yeah, don't get cocky now."
Rafa: "I didn't do anything."
Gaudio said something else and Rafa replied with a word used to call Argentinians.

Let's see if i can find the right translation somewhere, if nobody else can find it.

babbette
06-08-2008, 03:19 PM
actually it's never been clear. the beginning does start with Gaudio telling Rafael not to make faces and not to get cocky, and Nadal replies that he didn't do anything. Gaudio says i will kick the s&^t outta of you or something then Nadal replies "callate, sudaca gil" which is a racist insult for South Americans. But not sure if he really said that. At that point Nadal was just starting out and the Spanish and Argentinians did mix a lot. Apparently there were some conflicts. Some of those faces are gone today though.:-?
sorry if it wasn't much help.

Dilettante
06-08-2008, 05:25 PM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=83038&highlight=nadal+racist

Don't really know, I'll try to translate the audible part despite my Nadalesque English:

GAUDIO: Don't play dumb. Don't be a smartass.
NADAL: I did nothing.
GAUDIO: Don't be a smartass, I'm just telling you.

(both sit down, Nadal is supposed to make an angry face or something)

GAUDIO: Don't make that face to me because I'm serious. Don't be a smartass.
NADAL: But I did nothing.
GAUDIO: Don't make that face to me, I'm just telling you.

The last sentence is inaudible, but Nadal is "supposed" to say "Shut up, you sudaca @ss*** ".

As I said then, just a TV journalist with some manipulative BS.