PDA

View Full Version : Did Fed make a mistake of coming back after mono too soon?

sureshs
06-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Should he have taken more time off and come back only for Wimbledon? By playing in the FO final, he has damaged his chances at Wimbledon by boosting Nadal's confidence 100-fold.

deme08
06-08-2008, 01:47 PM
Maybe he should pull an Agassi drop himself outside 100th ranking, taking all the weight off the shoulders and make a big time comeback when ready.

Murray_Maniac
06-08-2008, 01:49 PM
No, that would have been too shocking for tennis. In fact, he didn't still have mono. I think that his effects of mono dissapeared at Rome, because thats where he got back on his feet. Just look, he's had plenty of success. He's made it to the finals of Hamburg and Roland Garros. It doesn't boost Nadal too much. By wimbledon, the french will be loong past and forgotten.

NikeWilson
06-08-2008, 01:50 PM
mono-shmono. Djokovic legitimately kicked his *** in straight sets. we saw this coming since last US Open.
plus, Fed still got to the semis of the AO. so why's he *****ing?

Nadal_Monfils
06-08-2008, 01:51 PM
He still made it to the finals which was the best result he could hope for.

flyer
06-08-2008, 01:52 PM
mono-shmono. Djokovic legitimately kicked his *** in straight sets. we saw this coming since last US Open.
plus, Fed still got to the semis of the AO. so why's he *****ing?

tell it like it is mate.

Lotto
06-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Is it just me or is Fed slower around the court this year then he has been. This isn't linked to the Mono at all but it just seems that he is a lot slower then he was two years ago on the wide balls.

sillymonkey
06-08-2008, 04:51 PM
You seriously cannnot still be using that excuse.

The balls in your court.
06-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Should he have taken more time off and come back only for Wimbledon? By playing in the FO final, he has damaged his chances at Wimbledon by boosting Nadal's confidence 100-fold.

Let the excuses begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy crap.

The first time Nadal won....it was "Fed was not playing well"

The second time Nadal won it was...." Fed did not attack enough"

The third time Nadal won it was "Fed still did not attack enough and he was not playing well".

Now the fourth time: "Fed has mono"

Give me a break already!!!!!!!