PDA

View Full Version : POG vs. Pro One International

BkK_b0y14
06-08-2008, 05:06 PM
My POG's are getting pretty beat up and I'm deciding whether or not stick with them or move on to something more "modern." However, I've always considered trying the Pro One's but there is no demo so...yeah. It is an "old-school" racket so that would kind of contradict my quest for a more "modern" frame but the price for the Pro One's is just unbeatable..So I wanted to know how these rackets compare?

rockbox
06-08-2008, 05:40 PM
The Pro One is lighter and a lot more flexible feeling. It does not have the plow the POG has but is more comfortable.

dreydey
06-08-2008, 08:04 PM
the pro one feels much more comfortable than the POG, i demoed both and actually decided to go with the Donnay and i bought 4 of them (the Pro One OS, and also i hear TW is not going to order anymore of them so what they have, they will wait till they are out and not order anymore, but they do have a lot in stock,its a great racquet not as heavy as the POG, not as stiff and more flexible, but the POG has more power, i liked the POG its just too stiff for me felt like a baseball bat, the donnay has a buttery feel to it and is a very nice racquet one of the best racquets , i recently switched to the donnays after buying two head microgel OS and i didnt really like that racquet that much i felt too much power....

rockbox
06-08-2008, 08:58 PM
I just realized you played with the mid instead of the oversized. There is nothing on the market that plays anything like the POG mid. If you are looking to switch, I would put the Head Prestige mid, or the Kfactor on your list.

goosala
06-08-2008, 09:03 PM
I just switched from the POG mids to the Pro One mids this week. The Donnay frames are more flexible and easier on the arm. That is why I bought them and switched. The POG mids were great as far as weight and feel but too stiff for my arm.

dreydey
06-08-2008, 10:15 PM
i agree the weight of the POG and stifness is tugh i did hear the old POG's were not as stiff and more flexible, similar to the donnay pro one OS, and goosala how many did you buy, i just a couple of days ago placed a order for 4 of them