PDA

View Full Version : Impressed with Mahut?

roc17355
06-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Just watched the replay of the Roddick/Mahut final from last year. I watched him play in the French and was impressed with his game, watching this replay only verifies what I was thinking. Mahut seems to have all the weapons, anyone else agree?

loner1984
06-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Having weapons is not the issue. Executing them consistently and at key moments of a match is what matters.

Mahut seems like a decent journeyman pro.

hoosierbr
06-08-2008, 10:10 PM
In that match Mahut played just about as well as he can given his current form. He still doesn't use his serve well enough to get the volley that he needs to put points away consistently if he chooses to serve-and-volley which he should b/c his ground game isn't all that. Second, his volleys look better and are more effective on grass because of the low bounce. When he played Fed at Indian Wells this year he got thumped. His volleys are good but not great, kind of like Michael Llodra, although Llodra's doubles prowess gives him an edge at the net.

Nadal_Freak
06-08-2008, 10:11 PM
I felt bad for him that he couldn't finish that match. Might be his only chance ever to win a championship.

tennis_hand
06-09-2008, 01:03 AM
Mahut's movement is rather jerky, if you watch.

i don't think he will make much breakthrough.