PDA

View Full Version : Anybody had elbow problems w/ RDS 002 Tour?

Syfo-Dias
06-09-2008, 10:15 AM
I played with my new RDS 002 Tour yesterday and have noticed a little tenderness in my elbow since then. It did feel pretty stiff when playing with it, but I didn't think it was that bad. Has anybody else had elbow problems from using this racquet? Right now it's strung with Silverstring in the mains, so that may be a contributing factor as I'm not really used to polys.

Automatix
06-09-2008, 10:59 AM
My friend who had elbow issues currently plays with the RDS 002 Tours strung with MSV Focus Hex 1.18 @ 24kg and Luxilon Alu Power Fluoro 1.23 @ 27/26kg (full setups, one strung with MSV and one strung with Luxilon) and doesn't have any problems.

Syfo-Dias
06-09-2008, 12:27 PM
My friend who had elbow issues currently plays with the RDS 002 Tours strung with MSV Focus Hex 1.18 @ 24kg and Luxilon Alu Power Fluoro 1.23 @ 27/26kg (full setups, one strung with MSV and one strung with Luxilon) and doesn't have any problems.

Do you know if he uses the UL or SL version? I think it may have more to do with the poly than the racquet; at least for me.

Syfo-Dias
06-09-2008, 03:45 PM
Come on, I know a lot of people on the BD have used this racquet.

basil J
06-09-2008, 05:25 PM
I use it without issue. It rewards a smooth relaxed stroke. Muscle the ball and you will struggle with control. The handle is a bit different than the wilsons and dunlops I am used to, and I found that I had to close the racquet face a bit more than I was accustomed to or the face would open up at contact and I would hit long alot. I have an arthritic shoulder and use gut and poly in my frames without any problems. good luck.

In D Zone
06-09-2008, 10:54 PM
I strung my RDS002 Tour is strung with Pro Supex hybrid Premier Ace 17 g poly 56lbs and Spiral Flex 16 g 58lbs.
I have had no issue with this racquet whenever I play with it.

Automatix
06-10-2008, 02:49 AM
Do you know if he uses the UL or SL version? I think it may have more to do with the poly than the racquet; at least for me.

He uses the heavier SL version.

TennezSport
06-10-2008, 07:14 AM
I have been playing with the RDS002T since it first came out and have had no elbow issues. Since I test a lot of string for various groups and orgs, I have strung up a great deal of poly, hybrids, NG and multis with no issues.

However, it is really important to make sure you string with the proper tension and the 5% decrease in the crosses does make a big difference in the racquets response and feel. This is especially true when it comes to poly strings. If you are not used to poly and you string too high in this racquet, it can be very jarring on the elbow; especially if you mishit. Check your tensions and try again; good luck.

TennezSport :cool:

fuzz nation
06-10-2008, 08:19 AM
I'd only suggest getting the poly out of there while you get used to finding the sweetspot consistently with the new frame. I used the 002 Tour SL for a bit and it took me much longer than I expected to get used to putting the ball on the center of my stringbed with it and a couple of other users have commented here on the same experience. Switching frames in general can be irritating, especially when you're going through a stack of demos, so consider softening things up for a couple of weeks while you get dialed in with your new honey.

Syfo-Dias
06-10-2008, 10:36 AM
I'd only suggest getting the poly out of there while you get used to finding the sweetspot consistently with the new frame. I used the 002 Tour SL for a bit and it took me much longer than I expected to get used to putting the ball on the center of my stringbed with it and a couple of other users have commented here on the same experience. Switching frames in general can be irritating, especially when you're going through a stack of demos, so consider softening things up for a couple of weeks while you get dialed in with your new honey.

That's probably a good idea. I'll string it with all Yonex 850 next time since I'm pretty used to that. I thought Silverstring was supposed to be pretty soft, but I guess soft is a relative term when it comes to polys.

samster
06-11-2008, 08:30 AM
It is the string that's causing your arm problem. I had no arm issues with the RDS 002 Tour when I used it.

Syfo-Dias
06-16-2008, 10:15 AM
I just wanted to post an update. I'm not experiencing any more elbow issues with the 002 Tour. I think the initial twinge was just due to the initial change in racquets. For some reason my arm seems to be sensitive to that. I'm starting to like the Silverstring more and may stick with it a while. I'm really loving the racquet as well. It serves great and allows for some really good head speed.

markwillplay
06-16-2008, 10:26 AM
I noticed while i was using it that it actually made my elbow feel better than it does with many other sticks.