PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Aero Storm

nutzguy16
06-09-2008, 02:42 PM
I don't know if anyone has asked this before, but T-W has stopped selling the Aero Storm. Did Babolat stop making it or did T-W just accidentally take it off?

anbu4ever11
06-09-2008, 08:57 PM
reintroducing two of them.one with the same specs and a lighter one.forgot when there gettin reintroduced.i believe maybe next month.not sure

Storm_Kyori
06-09-2008, 09:26 PM
I actually read (I don't remember which magazine) that they were making a more lighter one and a heavier one. Maybe I read the article wrong. All I know is that they better be the same because I already have one and would like to get another if not two more racquets. It would if they changed it. I also wonder why they decided to make new versions. I like it just the way is now. I mean with the lighter version I think it will just be a now colorway for the aeropro.

pow
06-09-2008, 10:25 PM
I actually read (I don't remember which magazine) that they were making a more lighter one and a heavier one. Maybe I read the article wrong. All I know is that they better be the same because I already have one and would like to get another if not two more racquets. It would if they changed it. I also wonder why they decided to make new versions. I like it just the way is now. I mean with the lighter version I think it will just be a now colorway for the aeropro.

Hmm a lighter Aerostorm sounds like an APDC

nutzguy16
06-09-2008, 11:08 PM
oo so if i crack one of my current frames i can still buy the same racket right?

grass_hopper
06-10-2008, 07:44 AM
in new tennis mag I saw a advertize for two aero storm, one named the tour version.

matchpoints
06-10-2008, 11:40 AM
The new Tour version will be the same as the regular Aero Storm from last year. The new regular Aero Strom will be lighter. It will definitely cause some confusion as the new Aero Storm will look just like the old one but lighter in weight.

herosol
06-10-2008, 11:48 AM
Hmm a lighter Aerostorm sounds like an APDC

Sort of. But i think the Lighter AeroStorm will be the "Aero-Modified" version of the regular Pure Storm.

The concept is the same as the APDC, as it is a "Aero-modified" version of the Pure Drive series.

PED
06-10-2008, 01:18 PM
It should end up being a subtle but nice change. I have both the PST and the older AS. The AS is a beast to swing with that 340 SW. The PST has an SW of around 333g which is much easier to wield.

As regards the AS versus the APDC, they really are very different. I've got my APDC leaded to 335g but it's nowhere near as stable as the AS. Both really nice sticks both very different. I prefer the AS for hard court and the APDC for clay.

Storm_Kyori
06-10-2008, 01:29 PM
I would just like to be able to get two more and not feel the difference between (I guess mine is the older model) the new one and the one I currently use.

Storm_Kyori
06-12-2008, 03:43 PM
I guess the fact that they decided to trade names is the only thins that confused people. The only thing I probably won't like on my next racquet is the fact that it says tour.