PDA

View Full Version : Will Federer dare wear his creme suit to Wimby?

riggy 69
06-09-2008, 03:48 PM
Will he he dare wear it? If he does...surely he wins wimbledon?

malakas
06-09-2008, 03:50 PM
why??He will be afraid of YOU???

:roll:

I think he should,he looks good in it.:)

Fee
06-09-2008, 03:53 PM
Yes, and this year they are adding a top hat and cane. He is already practicing putting them on backwards for the trophy ceremony (even though backwards pants are sooooo last year).

sureshs
06-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Yes, and this year they are adding a top hat and cane. He is already practicing putting them on backwards for the trophy ceremony (even though backwards pants are sooooo last year).

It would be nice to see him wear it when being called to award the trophy to Nadal

BeHappy
06-09-2008, 03:58 PM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.i1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com//ng/sp/eurosport/20070707/13/3688396930.jpg

malakas
06-09-2008, 04:01 PM
What a sense of fashion!!!!

Rhino
06-09-2008, 04:02 PM
i'm not so keen on the man-bag. I see he had a red one at RG, he wasn't scared to bring it out.

veroniquem
06-09-2008, 04:03 PM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.i1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com//ng/sp/eurosport/20070707/13/3688396930.jpg
All spruced up and ready for his part in the sequel to "the birdcage"

flyer
06-09-2008, 04:04 PM
i think the pants and vest were a little much, a bit of overkill if you will; i've got no problem with the jacket though, but if he does lose he should give it to his conqueror, who ever it is...i feel like if he wore it off the court after a lose it would be a walk of shame

malakas
06-09-2008, 04:06 PM
i'm not so keen on the man-bag. I see he had a red one at RG, he wasn't scared to bring it out.

if only less men were so narrowminded!!:???: *sigh*

veroniquem
06-09-2008, 04:07 PM
i think the pants and vest were a little much, a bit of overkill if you will; i've got no problem with the jacket though, but if he does lose he should give it to his conqueror, who ever it is...i feel like if he wore it off the court after a lose it would be a walk of shame
Don't say that! nobody is gonna want to win for fear of having to leave the court with that jacket on!!

sillymonkey
06-09-2008, 04:25 PM
Will he he dare wear it? If he does...surely he wins wimbledon?

more importantly, will he sport his gold man-purse?

flyer
06-09-2008, 04:47 PM
Don't say that! nobody is gonna want to win for fear of having to leave the court with that jacket on!!

i would graciously accept it then throw it into the crowd

Nadal_Freak
06-09-2008, 04:55 PM
I forgot how arrogant Federer can be. With wearing that stupid stuff at Wimbledon. He is dressing like a king. Ridiculous.

leftiegirl
06-09-2008, 05:48 PM
I'm sorry, but that bag is sooo gay! Augh!

SempreSami
06-09-2008, 05:51 PM
He needs a fur coat and hat with a feather sticking out.

tennis08tarheels
06-09-2008, 06:04 PM
I forgot how arrogant Federer can be. With wearing that stupid stuff at Wimbledon. He is dressing like a king. Ridiculous.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Are we talking about the same Federer?

Nadal_Freak
06-09-2008, 07:07 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Are we talking about the same Federer?
Well he obviously doesn't look arrogant when he is getting slaughtered. :lol:

TennisandMusic
06-09-2008, 07:19 PM
I swear that outfit is the most pompous thing I've EVER seen watching pro tennis. In my opinion it's shameful.

BeHappy
06-09-2008, 07:20 PM
http://w2.hidemyass.com/index.php?q=aHR0cDovL2V1ci5uZXdzMS55aW1nLmNvbS9ldX IuaTEueWltZy5jb20vZXVyLnlpbWcuY29tLy9uZy9zcC9ldXJv c3BvcnQvMjAwNzA3MDcvMTMvMzY4ODM5NjkzMC5qcGc%3D

Oh no she didn't!

wangs78
06-09-2008, 07:40 PM
He should drop the outfit. It's ridiculous and I think shows he has an arrogant side, even if he does keep it under control. You're coming to the court to play your best tennis, not strut your best outfit.

taffymoon
06-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Is it supposed to be klassy? It isn't - it's trashy.

superman1
06-09-2008, 11:59 PM
Yeah it's so trashy. You can see his nipples through the jacket.

Federer is a traditionalist. Wimbledon is his one chance to go back in time and dress classy.

Tennis_Goodness
06-10-2008, 12:19 AM
He's just having fun and everybody likes it! He's taking it back to the old days of Wimbeldon!

You guys are a bunch of babies, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

cueboyzn
06-10-2008, 12:53 AM

Ridiculous. Unless you ARE the king. :twisted:

By the way, anyone have an idea what he uses the gold "man-bag" for? Extra clothes?

cueboyzn
06-10-2008, 12:59 AM
He's just having fun and everybody likes it! He's taking it back to the old days of Wimbeldon!

You guys are a bunch of babies, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Right on the money there. Roger is the classiest dresser on court and off-court. Look at most of the other players. Capri pants. Swimshorts. Loose hanging tops. Scruffy outfits. :evil:

Then look at Federer. Tailored, Form-fitting polo's. Classy shorts. Understated colours. The whole package is just classy and suits Roger and his game. This guy has brought style to the tennis court and all some people can do is bash him for it. This guy is improving the image of tennis in general by dressing the way he does.

As for the Wimbedon outfit, its a throwback to the old days. And most people in the public love it. Get over it.

crawl4
06-10-2008, 02:51 AM

shutup nadalfreak, dont bash federer..12>4 im pretty sure so talk when he has more slams and is considered the greatest

zagor
06-10-2008, 03:56 AM

He doesn't look arrogant to me even when he's winning as last year he gave a lot of compliments to Nadal after he won.Also at least he doesn't bend rules in his favour.

zagor
06-10-2008, 03:57 AM

Whether you like it or not,he still IS the King on grass.

ninman
06-10-2008, 04:07 AM
He doesn't look arrogant to me even when he's winning as last year he gave a lot of compliments to Nadal after he won.Also at least he doesn't bend rules in his favour.

Let's talk about arrogant, how about Nadal receiving coaching from the stands during Rome 2006? Or how about Nadal constantly getting warnings for time violations? Or how about Nadal taking a medical time-out when 5-1 down in the first set in Hamburg? Or how about Nadal trying to intimidate his opponents?

zagor
06-10-2008, 04:24 AM
Let's talk about arrogant, how about Nadal receiving coaching from the stands during Rome 2006? Or how about Nadal constantly getting warnings for time violations? Or how about Nadal taking a medical time-out when 5-1 down in the first set in Hamburg? Or how about Nadal trying to intimidate his opponents?

Well,I'm not questioning Nadal's timeout in Hamburg as he played a 3+ hour match the day before but he does some things that are of questionable sportmanship but on the other hand he has a lot virtues and qualities that balance things out and probably overshadow his faults.None of the players out there are saints(not Nadal,Djokovic,Federer,Roddick etc.),they're professional athletes with big egos and competitive drives.I just find it funny how Nadal fans think that their boy is perfect(even when he breaks the rules it's not actually his fault) while then they have the nerve to call Fed fans ******s and fanatics all the time.I fully realize that Federer isn't perfect(can be a sore loser at times,sometimes arrogant,overconfident with his statements etc.) but neither is Nadal(something his fans can't or won't see).

cueboyzn
06-10-2008, 04:36 AM
Well,I'm not questioning Nadal's timeout in Hamburg as he played a 3+ hour match the day before but he does some things that are of questionable sportmanship but on the other hand he has a lot virtues and qualities that balance things out and probably overshadow his faults.None of the players out there are saints(not Nadal,Djokovic,Federer,Roddick etc.),they're professional athletes with big egos and competitive drives.I just find it funny how Nadal fans think that their boy is perfect(even when he breaks the rules it's not actually his fault) while then they have the nerve to call Fed fans ******s and fanatics all the time.I fully realize that Federer isn't perfect(can be a sore loser at times,sometimes arrogant,overconfident with his statements etc.) but neither is Nadal(something his fans can't or won't see).

Very true!

You cannot reach this level in any sport without some level of arrogance. The thing is Federer and Nadal temper this arrogance to a large extent by being humble, and always paying the proper respect to everyone. Another one that stands out for me in this respect is James Blake.

More players could learn from their example.

Thud and blunder
06-10-2008, 04:53 AM

All he needs is a chihuahua poking its head out of the bag to complete the look.

pound cat
06-10-2008, 05:01 AM
Is it supposed to be klassy? It isn't - it's trashy.

He got his pay back last year when he had them on backwards for the ceremony. Remember that? Fly at the back. Funniest thing I've seen in years.

http://photos.killervirgo.com/federerfauxpas1.jpg

ROTFLLMAO

Ljubicic for number1
06-10-2008, 07:11 AM

He is ready for a walking cane. He could also use it to try and stop Novak taking the trophy.

SikSerb
06-10-2008, 07:15 AM
He got his pay back last year when he had them on backwards for the ceremony. Remember that? Fly at the back. Funniest thing I've seen in years.

http://photos.killervirgo.com/federerfauxpas1.jpg

ROTFLLMAO

hahaha i never saw that befo.. wat a crackup

quest01
06-10-2008, 07:21 AM
All you need to do is add entrance music and you would think we would be watching a WWE match. I think Federer should add a top hat, cane, and monocle to top it off.

pound cat
06-10-2008, 07:24 AM
All you need to do is add entrance music and you would think we would be watching a WWE match. I think Federer should add a top hat, cane, and monocle to top it off.

With pants backwards again??? LOL

TheTruth
06-10-2008, 10:17 AM

Ahhh, that's where you're wrong, Zagor! Nadal is perfect!

TheTruth
06-10-2008, 10:20 AM
The outfit was over the top. If anything it made a debacle out of tennis. Going back to the olden days? These people would have pitched a fit if Serena came out with a long, lacy dress, and bonnet as a way of tribute. Please, don't wear the outfit again, burn the man-bag, and walk out like you're in this age!

dh003i
06-10-2008, 10:22 AM

It's called class, paying respect to the history of Wimbledon. That is how all players should dress.

In fact, they should wear long white pants on court too. Class.

fednad
06-10-2008, 10:25 AM
It's called class, paying respect to the history of Wimbledon. That is how all players should dress.

In fact, they should wear long white pants on court too. Class.

You are hopelessly trying to make him understand all this.
How can someone whose hero wears colored pirate pants understand the beauty and aesthetics exuded by a white dress.

dh003i
06-10-2008, 10:28 AM
The outfit was over the top. If anything it made a debacle out of tennis. Going back to the olden days? These people would have pitched a fit if Serena came out with a long, lacy dress, and bonnet as a way of tribute. Please, don't wear the outfit again, burn the man-bag, and walk out like you're in this age!

Um, no, if Serena did that, I'd be singing her praises for dressing like a lady, not a ****. Of course, I wouldn't expect that out of her.

Like I said, it is classy. It's the way they ought to dress. I like the waring of long-pants. Wimbledon is a last refuge of civilization in tennis, chivalry, courtesy, respect, etc.

Now, if he lost at the finals, it would be a nice gesture to give it to the player who won (but not if he loses before the finals). It sort of takes on the status of the "Green Jacket" from golf, except it is for last year.

fednad
06-10-2008, 10:29 AM
He is ready for a walking cane. He could also use it to try and stop Novak taking the trophy.

Your user name: Ljubicic for number1
Why not give the cane to Ljubicic. Him being bald, it will suit him as well...lol
Also, the way his rankings have shot up (mathematically), he will soon need it after his impending retirement

dh003i
06-10-2008, 10:31 AM
You are hopelessly trying to make him understand all this.
How can someone whose hero wears colored pirate pants understand the beauty and aesthetics exuded by a white dress.

Yes, of course. They hate him because he has class, because he is white-collar, not blue-collar. They hate him because they cannot identify with him, as everything (except beating Nadal on clay) comes so easily to him.

Nadal on the other hand is easier for many blue-collar working-class people to identify with. He works extremely hard, is enthusiastic, is humble, etc; just in general a guy blue-collar people can easily identify with. And there's nothing wrong with that. Nadal has a lot of great personality characteristics; he's a great guy.

But so is Federer, just in a different kind of way. I can appreciate the unique virtues of both. Some people apparently can't.

fednad
06-10-2008, 10:32 AM

I am sure you would love to see players in white pirate pants.
Picking *** between service action will complete the tradition for you.

fednad
06-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Yes, of course. They hate him because he has class, because he is white-collar, not blue-collar. They hate him because they cannot identify with him, as everything (except beating Nadal on clay) comes so easily to him.

Nadal on the other hand is easier for many blue-collar working-class people to identify with. He works extremely hard, is enthusiastic, is humble, etc; just in general a guy blue-collar people can easily identify with. And there's nothing wrong with that. Nadal has a lot of great personality characteristics; he's a great guy.

But so is Federer, just in a different kind of way. I can appreciate the unique virtues of both. Some people apparently can't.

Good points. In fact, I like Nadal too for his qualities.
But the asinine remarks of a couple of his fans wakes up the nitpicker in me.

TheTruth
06-10-2008, 10:43 AM
Um, no, if Serena did that, I'd be singing her praises for dressing like a lady, not a ****. Of course, I wouldn't expect that out of her.

Like I said, it is classy. It's the way they ought to dress. I like the waring of long-pants. Wimbledon is a last refuge of civilization in tennis, chivalry, courtesy, respect, etc.

Now, if he lost at the finals, it would be a nice gesture to give it to the player who won (but not if he loses before the finals). It sort of takes on the status of the "Green Jacket" from golf, except it is for last year.

You would be the only one. To the rest of the world she would look like a fool.

TheTruth
06-10-2008, 10:44 AM

All this blue-collar talk makes you sound like an elitist. Therein lies the difference!

TheTruth
06-10-2008, 10:45 AM
I am sure you would love to see players in white pirate pants.
Picking *** between service action will complete the tradition for you.

We are not on the same page. Your avatar is the ugliest thing I have ever seen!

fednad
06-10-2008, 10:52 AM
We are not on the same page. Your avatar is the ugliest thing I have ever seen!

Of course, we are not on the same page (unless you count the tennis warehouse URL as a page!).
From my perspective, this bespactecled and chained animal (a respectful ancestor to both of us), makes an extremely likeable and beautiful snap.
Secondly, at least I have an avtar (better than a void).
And, I can tell you, if this is *the* ugliest you have seen, you are yet to see a lot in life.

TheTruth
06-10-2008, 10:55 AM
Of course, we are not on the same page (unless you count the tennis warehouse URL as a page!).
From my perspective, this bespactecled and chained animal (a respectful ancestor to both of us), makes an extremely likeable and beautiful snap.
And, I can tell you, if this is *the* ugliest you have seen, you are yet to see a lot in life.

Ha ha ha ha. You take such things seriously, don't you?

dh003i
06-10-2008, 11:34 AM
You would be the only one. To the rest of the world she would look like a fool.

Right, because having class is being a fool...ok, I understand. Not dressing like a **** is being a fool. Check. Thank you very much. Hell, why don't the women just walk onto court naked? I'm sure that'd be very aerodynamic.

dh003i
06-10-2008, 11:35 AM

Your avatar kind of looks like Warren Buffett; just the pose, glasses, etc.

dh003i
06-10-2008, 11:37 AM
All this blue-collar talk makes you sound like an elitist. Therein lies the difference!

To some extent, I am. I like class, dignity, courtesy, chivalry, etc.

PROTENNIS63
06-10-2008, 02:54 PM
It would be nice to see him wear it when being called to award the trophy to Nadal

rafa won't get lucky this year by making the finals of wimby.

Ljubicic for number1
06-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Your user name: Ljubicic for number1
Why not give the cane to Ljubicic. Him being bald, it will suit him as well...lol
Also, the way his rankings have shot up (mathematically), he will soon need it after his impending retirement

The user name was always a tongue in cheek joke. Don't be so serious:) If I was being serious I would have used Novak for Number1 but that would have been a little to obvious and serious, everybody already knows that is going to happen.

rommil
06-10-2008, 09:48 PM

Like those Nike pedal pushers are any better.

Bjorn99
06-10-2008, 10:34 PM
Fed has some good outfits. To be sure. And some are sort of circa golf 1970's, so lets not get too complimentary here.

But that outfit at Wimbledon should have set off even the least sensitive GAYDAR screaming. He definitely looked like ***arer, not Federer. Is the Mirka deal fooling anyone, anymore?

Bjorn99
06-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Oh, and I don't think he would dare wear it after that beating he just took. I can't believe he wore it in the first place.

Tim W
06-11-2008, 08:25 PM
I didn't mind it :oops:

Swingin Richard
06-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Ridiculous. Unless you ARE the king. :twisted:

By the way, anyone have an idea what he uses the gold "man-bag" for? Extra clothes?

You know, perfume, eau de toilette, compact, maybe some panties.

jjk20
06-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Right, because having class is being a fool...ok, I understand. Not dressing like a **** is being a fool. Check. Thank you very much. Hell, why don't the women just walk onto court naked? I'm sure that'd be very aerodynamic.

but then only white players would be allowed on court! :shock:

fednad
06-12-2008, 10:08 AM

You should be happy that someone on this board takes you seriously

shwetty[tennis]balls
06-12-2008, 10:13 AM
I think if Federer showed to Wim in a speedo, a lot of people would be completely thrilled. Then he could pick at it before every service, a la Rafa.

TheTruth
06-12-2008, 11:57 AM
You should be happy that someone on this board takes you seriously

My life doesn't revolve around other people's opinions. I'm smarter than that!

omniexist
06-12-2008, 07:27 PM
I have no problem with Fed's Wimbledon clothing..at least it shows he's an individual.

moonbat
06-12-2008, 11:08 PM
All spruced up and ready for his part in the sequel to "the birdcage"

At last it can be said: Mirka is Federer's beard. ;)

fednad
06-15-2008, 02:15 AM
My life doesn't revolve around other people's opinions. I'm smarter than that!