PDA

View Full Version : Djokovic to win all slams?

Guns N Pieces
06-09-2008, 04:51 PM
It seems to me like Federer no longer has a chance to win the French Open, of course you never know, but would bet heavily against it. Nadal on the other hand has never done well on HC, and the AO semi shows that there is always going to be someone better than him there. He is still young, and has a lot of time to improve this, but as I said, I bet heavily against a HC Slam for him. His game is just not suited for it. A Wimbledon title might come his way though.

Now, Djokovic has all he needs to win one slam of each type. The US Open is clearly not beyond his control, and neither is Wimbledon. He is young, posseses every shot he needs. I can see him beating Nadal at RG some point in the future, weather next year or in 4-5 years when Nadal runs into the risk of burning out. Nobody expects Nadal to keep this going, his style of play is just too demanding. He is a great match up against Nadal. The only thing missing I think is stamina, he simply can't keep winning tough five set matches day after day like Nadal can.

What is everyones opinion? Can Djokovic be the third man in the open era to win all slams in his lifetime?

veroniquem
06-09-2008, 04:55 PM
There should be an option for AO. He might win it again in 2009.

Nadal_Freak
06-09-2008, 04:57 PM
US Open and possibly Wimbledon as well.

Guns N Pieces
06-09-2008, 04:58 PM
He has already won it once, so he doesn't need to win it again for a career slam.

BkK_b0y14
06-09-2008, 05:01 PM
It seems to me like Federer no longer has a chance to win the French Open, of course you never know, but would bet heavily against it. Nadal on the other hand has never done well on HC, and the AO semi shows that there is always going to be someone better than him there. He is still young, and has a lot of time to improve this, but as I said, I bet heavily against a HC Slam for him. His game is just not suited for it. A Wimbledon title might come his way though.

Now, Djokovic has all he needs to win one slam of each type. The US Open is clearly not beyond his control, and neither is Wimbledon. He is young, posseses every shot he needs. I can see him beating Nadal at RG some point in the future, weather next year or in 4-5 years when Nadal runs into the risk of burning out. Nobody expects Nadal to keep this going, his style of play is just too demanding. He is a great match up against Nadal. The only thing missing I think is stamina, he simply can't keep winning tough five set matches day after day like Nadal can.

What is everyones opinion? Can Djokovic be the third man in the open era to win all slams in his lifetime?

Federer has no chance? Um, he's made 3 consecutive FO finals...

Guns N Pieces
06-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Federer has no chance? Um, he's made 3 consecutive FO finals...

A peak Federer couldn't win against Nadal.

Let's face it he is not getting any better, while other players are. The odds aren't exatly in his favor.

anointedone
06-09-2008, 05:11 PM
I think he has the best chance of the career slam out of all of Federer, Nadal, and himself. As much as I love Nadal I really dont think he will ever win the U.S Open, although I see a Wimbledon in his future, and an Austrailan Open is possible I think.

Federers window to win the French Open seems clearly closed now. Clay is a surface for younger players and that was driven home in this years final. His best chances were really 2004-2006. It was open for him in 2004 since he can certainly beat Coria, but he had the bad luck to run into a turning-back-the-clock Kuerten on a day he was playing subpar tennis and lost. I definitely think he probably would have won that year, is there anyone who doesnt think he wouldnt have had an edge over both Coria and Gaudio. In 2005 and 2006 he had a decent shot, Nadal was probably a little better on clay already but Federer was close enough to him to still have a shot, but he didnt play well enough in the matchup with Nadal to win. 2007 I think was the beginning of the end, Nadal really started to pull away from him on clay around then, and this year as the French Open final showed, he is now lapping him on the surface. As I said in other threads I think Djokovic is even a better clay courter now.

So Djokovic has the best chance. Nadal is nearly unbeatable on clay and could be for a long time. However he has to lose at the French Open at some point probably, although could be a long time away. Djokovic is in it for the long haul, and could definitely be the one to capatilize in any year Nadal happens to not win it. He certainly has a great shot to win Wimbledon and the U.S Open in his career, that is beyond obvious

SikSerb
06-11-2008, 08:04 AM
I'd say he has a definite chance at the US open, but Wimbledon im not too sure about. I just went with the US.

wangs78
06-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Can you imagine if there would one day be a player, with Federer's forehand, movement and artistry, Sampras's serve and volleying, Nadal's stamina and force of will, and a backhand not so susceptible to high-bouncing topsin shots?

He would be the GOAT.