PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think could be the surprise packages on grass??

Matty G
06-10-2008, 02:50 AM
Who do you think will be the suprise packages??
Gulbis and Kevin Anderson are my two

zagor
06-10-2008, 08:10 AM
Gulbis IMO,his game should work great on grass.Almost forgot that Anderson guy,has a big serve and groundies and also moves well for such a big guy so he couldn't definitely do some damage on grass.I'm also excited to see what Ancic can do this year on grass since he's playing some very good tennis again.

morten
06-10-2008, 08:59 AM
Karlovic..

zagor
06-10-2008, 09:02 AM
Karlovic..

Yeah I forgot him,I think Ivo with his improved game and ranking can make a solid run at Wimbledon.

cucio
06-10-2008, 09:18 AM
Disregarding his antics, I have liked Stepanek's tennis this clay season, and his S&V style should be more favored on grass.

jman
06-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Tsonga..... grass compliments his game.

PROTENNIS63
06-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Ancic.

Gasquet likes the surface as well.

Nadal_Monfils
06-10-2008, 03:28 PM
Tsonga..... grass compliments his game.

Tsonga's injured and won't be playing Wimbledon, I believe. I'll go with Marin Cilic and Ernests Gulbis.

edmondsm
06-10-2008, 03:30 PM
John Isner just beat Kevin Anderson in staights. At 6 foot 10, I would say he's a dangerous floater at a grass tournament.

edberg505
06-10-2008, 03:35 PM
Mahut baby. I hope he has a good draw this time. Of course it helps that he won't have to qualify this time.

Vision84
06-10-2008, 03:37 PM
Hopefully Gasquet will have another good run this year.

Djokovicfan4life
06-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Gasquet if he can get his head together.

daddy
06-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Querrey is a big guy with a big serve and good groundies and decent volleys. He should do well. As for the guys you mentioned Stepanek did himself no favors in first round match vs Haas. Anderson is inexperienced and overrrated so I think Gulbis would be my pick. Mahut may be good at challangers but he's not the real deal by any means. Murray should seek good form this year, so should Baghdatis. Ancic, well, did not look all that good to me but you never know with him.

I did not include proven grass champs like Hewitt and Roddick to name a few.

edberg505
06-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Querrey is a big guy with a big serve and good groundies and decent volleys. He should do well. As for the guys you mentioned Stepanek did himself no favors in first round match vs Haas. Anderson is inexperienced and overrrated so I think Gulbis would be my pick. Mahut may be good at challangers but he's not the real deal by any means. Murray should seek good form this year, so should Baghdatis. Ancic, well, did not look all that good to me but you never know with him.

I did not include proven grass champs like Hewitt and Roddick to name a few.

Ahh, you mean the same Mahut that beat Nadal and had Roddick on ropes in Queens?

daddy
06-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Ahh, you mean the same Mahut that beat Nadal and had Roddick on ropes in Queens?

Edberg, I ment on prior the Wimbledon tourney, not really challange level, my bad. I certanly think he is good especially when grass is faster like in queens and Im always excited to watch him. I dont think he can outlast any of the major guys in slower Wimby conditions, is that the statement should have looked like, okay ? ;)

Vision84
06-10-2008, 06:01 PM
Remember that Queens is faster and lower bouncing than Wimbledon.

fastdunn
06-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Who do you think will be the suprise packages??
Gulbis and Kevin Anderson are my two

Good dark horse picks. Gulbis is shaping up into a dangerous player.

I have written off Gasquet a few weeks ago since he decided to skip French Open. But in retrospect, it might have not been that childish/dumb decision after all, i think, after watching such a dominating performance of Nadal. :)

daddy
06-10-2008, 06:11 PM
Remember that Queens is faster and lower bouncing than Wimbledon.

Queens is in my mind the way Wimbledon should be. Its a beautifull venue and I enjoy every moment of it !

ScovilleJenkins
06-10-2008, 06:26 PM
coria or gaudio

Vision84
06-10-2008, 07:00 PM
Queens is in my mind the way Wimbledon should be. Its a beautifull venue and I enjoy every moment of it !

I agree. It was so nice to see a serve and volleyer get to the final last year. Pitty Mahut choked on a couple match points.

daddy
06-10-2008, 07:07 PM
I agree. It was so nice to see a serve and volleyer get to the final last year. Pitty Mahut choked on a couple match points.

Roddick is too experienced for Mahut who is not in the same league anyways. He gave him a good run for the money though and it was amasing match to look at so kudos to Nicolas for getting there and putting up a fight. S&V is never boring especially lately when it's a rarity.