PDA

View Full Version : I need help with my racket.

matt_ace11
06-10-2008, 04:21 PM
I am currently using a Head Microgel Prestige Midplus. I have 1/2" lead tape in the 3 and 9 positions. The lead is 1/2". I put 6" strips on each side of the string bed. There is also lead under the grip. I was wondering what is the best way to put the lead tape under the bumper guard. Is there a special trick?

binomialtheory
06-10-2008, 04:24 PM
Ehh, You have to do it before stringing up your racquet. Take off the bumper guard and put on the lead tape.

I think that's the only way.

matt_ace11
06-10-2008, 04:42 PM
well I know that. I was wondering if you have to buy another bumper guard, or if the old one will still be good

Gee
06-11-2008, 07:38 AM
You better buy a new grommet.

fuzz nation
06-11-2008, 08:09 AM
When I did that with a frame, I just popped the bumper off (the grommets and bumper were one piece) and punched some holes in the lead tape so that I could put it on the top of the hoop with the grommets going through it when I put them back in place. Not too technical.

If you want to do some trial and error though, it's easier to put the more narrow lead tape on the inside edge of the hoop instead of the outside edge under the bumper just because you can add or remove some of it without needing to restring the racquet. You can just cut your tape in half length-wise to make it more narrow. Just mentioned that because it occurred to me to do this after I went through the process of putting lead under the bumper.

Zhou
06-11-2008, 08:15 AM
If the racket has been strung I would purchase a new set of grommets as some of the grommets might be flared and may not fit back into the racquet.

matt_ace11
06-11-2008, 10:41 AM
I have the new bumpers so I think I'll just replace them and put the lead under them. It just sounds a little easier. Thanks everyone