PDA

View Full Version : Should I switch to Babolat Aeropro Drive from Pure Drive Roddick?

lidation
06-10-2008, 08:03 PM
I have been playing this Pure Drive Roddick for a month and I am loving it. However, I found that my groundies are a lot more flat than before. (I have been using POG Mid for a year before this.) I read that the Aeropro Drive will give you a lot more spin than the Pure Drive Roddick.

So I am not sure whether I should switch to the Aeropro Drive, or stay with the Pure Drive Roddick and learn to put more spin into it to make it perfect.

I have borrowed a Aeropro Drive to hit for half an hour but that probably isn't long enough for me to make any decision. Any hints?

furyoku_tennis
06-10-2008, 11:34 PM
i'd demo it some more before considering a switch. it could just be a matter of adjusting to the racquet and technique.

toyota817
06-11-2008, 01:00 AM
no indeed..i used the aeropro drive cortex at first and it wasnt that good of a stick...then i switched to the pure drive roddick plus and i improved a lot better..i say stick with the pdc..its better..you'll get tired of the aeropro drive and will wanna switch back..

pow
06-11-2008, 01:09 AM
I think the two are too similar that it's not worth the switch in my opinion. I don't think the PDR should be lacking in spin at all, if it is, the APDC is not going to make enough difference to matter.

kalic
06-11-2008, 01:22 AM
Only difference is weight. So, maybe your swing will be faster with APD, and you will produce more spin. Tale about aerodynamic beam are just marketing gimmick. (regular) PD and APD are almost the same. And good racquets...
But if APD makes you feel like Rafa, then vamos :)

lidation
06-11-2008, 08:55 AM
Thank you for your comments. Yeah, I guess I should stick with the PDR and work on getting more spin out of it. The fact that my balls tend to sail long might be due to that I have been using a very low power racquet for the past year (POG mid) and haven't adjust my swing back yet.