Nadal or the joker wins Wimbledon.

you heard it here first !:)

Djokovicfan4life
06-10-2008, 08:22 PM
Maximum fail.

tennis-hero
06-10-2008, 08:24 PM
this is the dumbest post ever made

yes, because retireing at 26 makes alot of sense.... (unless your an ugly french lesbian i'd advise against it)

fed's STILL made the FO final

the AO semis

hell, how crazy is everyone when they already are looking for blood

daddy
06-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Not unheard of - Borg ? Retired after a loss in final of a slam.

vndesu
06-10-2008, 08:26 PM
you on crack?

Breaker
06-10-2008, 08:30 PM
Federer has stated he will play until 2012. He won't say it, but I'm pretty sure he will continue playing at least until he feels he is still capable of getting the slam record, and even if he were to lose Wimbledon to Nadal or Joker he'd still have more opportunities to win slams, especially if he continues to make semis and finals of slams.

Phil
06-10-2008, 08:36 PM

yes, because retireing at 26 makes alot of sense.... (unless your an ugly french lesbian i'd advise against it)

Well, that's quite a sh*t comment. Not to mention irrelevant to anything discussed on this Board. Geez...talk about "dumbest post ever made"...hell, you made it!

Shaolin
06-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Well, that's quite a sh*t comment. Not to mention irrelevant to anything discussed on this Board. Geez...talk about "dumbest post ever made"...hell, you made it!

Admit it, youre just mad he made a snide comment that you didnt think of first.

BullDogTennis
06-10-2008, 09:11 PM
he'll retire if he has like a freak accident where he cant walk anymore, is better wording it!

Mick
06-10-2008, 09:12 PM
my prediction is if nadal wins wimbledon, he will tell Federer how sorry he is again :)

Djokovicfan4life
06-10-2008, 09:12 PM

fed's STILL made the FO final

the AO semis

hell, how crazy is everyone when they already are looking for blood

He's looking for attention, not blood. He always makes ridiculous posts, followed by, "You heard it here first".

Ignore him and he'll go away.

tennis_hand
06-10-2008, 11:54 PM

ya. from a tennis ball stuffed in my @ss.

zagor
06-10-2008, 11:59 PM

I though that he was already retired?

PimpMyGame
06-11-2008, 12:11 AM

If you make a correct prediction please will you retire?

lol, no harm intended, I actually enjoyed the sparring on your Monfils thread.:)

superman1
06-11-2008, 01:32 AM
Federer is not into drugs or partying like Borg was. He has nothing else to go to.

The balls in your court.
06-11-2008, 04:32 AM
Not unheard of - Borg ? Retired after a loss in final of a slam.

Exactly!! Theres an old saying:

History Always Repeats Itself

If you make a correct prediction please will you retire?

lol, no harm intended, I actually enjoyed the sparring on your Monfils thread.:)

I deserved that!! But in all honesty....I never really thought Monfils would win.....I just figured that if I were right I would look like a genius and if I was wrong no big deal because everyone knew the kid would get the crap kicked out of him.

On the other hand I correctly predicted 4 years ago even before there ever was a Nadal that Federer would never win the French Open because his style of game was wrong. Now that was damn good!

fednad
06-11-2008, 04:36 AM

Sure history repeats itself. Take this forum for example.
It has a history of morones starting lame threads to gain attention or to get over their dyspeptic stomach. When you started this thread, history repeated itself.
Full marks to you!

The balls in your court.
06-11-2008, 04:42 AM
Sure history repeats itself. Take this forum for example.
It has a history of morones starting lame threads to gain attention or to get over their dyspeptic stomach. When you started this thread, history repeated itself.
Full marks to you!

nanny nanny foo foo......great argument dude.

The balls in your court.
06-11-2008, 04:46 AM
Federer is not into drugs or partying like Borg was. He has nothing else to go to.

Borg has said that he quit for a combination of reasons. One of them was that he just could not deal with being #2 in the world after being number one for so long.

By the way Borg is not the only example my friend.

Henin has been losing as of late and rather than lose at the FO she retired.

Martina Hingis came up with a lame foot injury excuse and retired. The truth is that she was just getting her butt kicked. She returned to tennis , her foot miraculously healed and her lawsuit against the sneaker company disappeared. her #1 ranking also disappeared never to be mentioned again. ;)

Thrasher
06-11-2008, 04:47 AM

Where do trolls like this come from?

The balls in your court.
06-11-2008, 04:57 AM

Is anything you dont agree with a troll comment?

Borg, Henin, Hingis all retired at young ages after losing or about to lose their number one status. Why is drawing an analogy to Federer's situation troll like?

Its unbelievable....I am just making a very logical and rational argument.

bad form dude.....grow up.

cknobman
06-11-2008, 05:32 AM
Is anything you dont agree with a troll comment?

Borg, Henin, Hingis all retired at young ages after losing or about to lose their number one status. Why is drawing an analogy to Federer's situation troll like?

Its unbelievable....I am just making a very logical and rational argument.

bad form dude.....grow up.

Your not making logical and rational comment. All you do is start thread after thread about something negative regarding Federer. If you deny it I will be glad to make a detailed listing of all your posts and threads. They are one track minded hate negative sounding posts and every single one of them always mentions Federer. Kinda pathetic but whatever floats your little boat I guess.

The balls in your court.
06-11-2008, 05:53 AM
Your not making logical and rational comment. All you do is start thread after thread about something negative regarding Federer. If you deny it I will be glad to make a detailed listing of all your posts and threads. They are one track minded hate negative sounding posts and every single one of them always mentions Federer. Kinda pathetic but whatever floats your little boat I guess.

Look you may be a knob man and I m a teet man....while some guys are arsmen. We all have a right to our opinions. If you like door knobs then you are entitled. Thats what you like and i am not going to attack you for it.

But simply correlating Federer to Borg , Henin, or Hingis is very rational and probably correct. Plase dont attack me for my opinions and i wont attack you for being a "door Knob man" ;)

p.s....anyone who calls himself "darth Federer" is obviously biased.

Dijana Djokovic
06-11-2008, 06:28 AM

I donīt want Federer retires. I want to see him losing to Novak.

rocket
06-11-2008, 06:49 AM
I donīt want Federer retires. I want to see him losing to Novak.

I don't think he'll lose to Novak. Nadal is the only guy that gets under his skin.

rocket
06-11-2008, 06:51 AM

He won't retire. He might just take a short break from tennis to rediscover the joy of competion again.

fednad
06-11-2008, 07:41 AM
nanny nanny foo foo......great argument dude.

Thanks you sir!!

thor's hammer
06-11-2008, 08:50 AM
Borg, Henin, Hingis all retired at young ages after losing or about to lose their number one status.

The nature of this thread is inherently troll-like, but that aside it is interesting to ponder after his amazing run how Fed will react when he goes through his first full year with no Grand Slam victories. By most standards he's having a great year, a year many tennis pros would kill for, but not by his own.

Will he pull a Borg/Henin and slink away, or will he buck up like Chris Evert did after years on top when Navratilova started kicking her butt consistently.

Can he handle fighting to stay at (or near) #1 after having it all to himself for years? Regardless of what even he says only time will tell.

rrhstennis
06-11-2008, 09:12 AM

I deserved that!! But in all honesty....I never really thought Monfils would win.....I just figured that if I were right I would look like a genius and if I was wrong no big deal because everyone knew the kid would get the crap kicked out of him.

On the other hand I correctly predicted 4 years ago even before there ever was a Nadal that Federer would never win the French Open because his style of game was wrong. Now that was damn good!

But that prediction is not true. I think most would agree that although Federer hasn't won and may not win the FO, it's not because of his game. Sure, he is usually too prone to errors with attacking to play his absolute best best on clay, but the fact is that his game hasn't stopped him - Nadal has, 4 times. He may very well have 4 cups in his cabinet if it wasn't for the kid from Mallorca. And that is no djoke.

danb
06-11-2008, 09:22 AM
he'll retire if he has like a freak accident where he cant walk anymore, is better wording it!

Like like like a freak accident? Like you like can't like talk like normal like people?

danb
06-11-2008, 09:25 AM
Why retire? Tennis is so much fun when Fed loses to Rafa, Joke or even A-dick...

The balls in your court.
06-11-2008, 10:09 AM
But that prediction is not true. I think most would agree that although Federer hasn't won and may not win the FO, it's not because of his game. Sure, he is usually too prone to errors with attacking to play his absolute best best on clay, but the fact is that his game hasn't stopped him - Nadal has, 4 times. He may very well have 4 cups in his cabinet if it wasn't for the kid from Mallorca. And that is no djoke.

The only way to predict the future is based on what happens in the past. Is it a sure thing? Of course not ....but there is a pattern.

Players like Federer who domonate for so long and then have a dryspell get burnt out. Thats what happened to Borg, Henin and Hingis.

In fact even guys who were at the top of their game get burnt out like Mcenroe and Wilander.

Mac had the best year of his life and then took a year off to recuperate. Unfortunately he never won a major after the age of 25.

Wilander won three out of four slams and won the fourth actually in doubles at Wimbledon. He burnt out after that and never won another major.

fed is now 26...he is at the age. History may very well repeat itself.

rrhstennis
06-11-2008, 11:26 AM
The only way to predict the future is based on what happens in the past. Is it a sure thing? Of course not ....but there is a pattern.

Players like Federer who domonate for so long and then have a dryspell get burnt out. Thats what happened to Borg, Henin and Hingis.

In fact even guys who were at the top of their game get burnt out like Mcenroe and Wilander.

Mac had the best year of his life and then took a year off to recuperate. Unfortunately he never won a major after the age of 25.

Wilander won three out of four slams and won the fourth actually in doubles at Wimbledon. He burnt out after that and never won another major.

fed is now 26...he is at the age. History may very well repeat itself.

Perhaps I made a mistake by quoting your entire post. I was simply referring to your prediction from 4 years ago, where you said Federer would never win the FO because his game wouldn't let him. I think he's proven he has more than enough game, the greatest of all time on clay is what is stopping him.

The balls in your court.
06-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Perhaps I made a mistake by quoting your entire post. I was simply referring to your prediction from 4 years ago, where you said Federer would never win the FO because his game wouldn't let him. I think he's proven he has more than enough game, the greatest of all time on clay is what is stopping him.

Likewise the greatest on grass is whats stopping Nadal.

Breaker
06-15-2008, 02:22 PM

Search "The Pusher Terminator", I'm sure you will find some striking similarities ;)

Fee
06-15-2008, 02:26 PM
ya. from a tennis ball stuffed in my @ss.

Dude, I hope you are getting a lot of webcam income for doing stuff like that. It has to be painful...

veroniquem
06-15-2008, 02:35 PM
I don't think he'll lose to Novak. Nadal is the only guy that gets under his skin.
He has already lost to both this year!

babbette
06-15-2008, 02:40 PM
I have to admit, right now, a Djoker vs Nadal Wimbledon final looks more exciting. I have a feeling roger would take defeat graciously if he lost in wimby rather than sob; i mean he has won 5/6 times. how greedy can one get! 8)

oh let's see what happens. I don't even know what's happening below Djokovic right now, it's all about the top 3 lol. Poor rest of the ATP, they mean ziltch at the moment. :mrgreen:

chris1992
06-15-2008, 02:42 PM
He will make the grand slam record before retirement - i would bet on a temporary break though if he doesnt win wimby or US open

tennis_guy
06-15-2008, 02:52 PM
If I was a moderator...

veroniquem
06-15-2008, 02:55 PM
If I was a moderator...
What would you do?

Breaker
06-15-2008, 03:01 PM
What would you do?

Ban The Pusher Terminator's sixth or seventh account? I think so.

zagor
06-15-2008, 04:09 PM
If I was a moderator...

You would do what? Ban the OP(again)? He/she was banned before under obviously different username so banning him again is a waste of time IMO(unless they ban an IP adress of course).Let him continue to make his lame threads for all I care.

jamauss
06-15-2008, 04:17 PM
Is there some way to make forum members "earn" rights to start threads? please?

TheTruth
06-15-2008, 07:29 PM
There's nothing wrong with the OP's thread, except many of you don't agree with it and see it as bashing Fed. But when I first came back to this forum I was appalled at the threads and hatred spewing from many posters about Nadal, and now Djokovic. The mods didn't delete those, so, I say lighten up. Nobody agrees with anyone 100% of the time anyway. Tennis is a sport that we all enjoy. There's no reason for anyone to take it personally!

NikeWilson
06-15-2008, 07:33 PM
Federer really has nothing more to prove. many people consider him the Greatest of All Time. he can stop now if he wants, and still be consider GOAT.
i wouldn't put it above him to retire if he does lose at Wimbledon.

r2473
06-15-2008, 08:44 PM
I predict that every player that does not win Wimbledon will retire.

Further, I predict that the remaining player will be named the king of the world.

Finally, I predict that while this guy is king of the world, he will have a new Gatorade flavor named after him.

You heard it here first.

fednad
06-15-2008, 10:59 PM
Fed will retire when Rafa weds Joker's mother ...You heard it here first

joeri888
06-15-2008, 11:57 PM
Roger Federer is faaar from getting his butt kicked. The guy's number 1 in the world and could lose wimbledon and still be number 1. On top of that, in the clay season he's had little trouble with anyone but Nadal. (please don't start about Djokovic winning more games to Nadal, it's irrelevant) even if he loses at wimbledon, he'll be at least no. 3 end of year I think. He'll surely go for a medal at the olympics, and he'll defenitely will chase Sampras record for a few more years. The OP deserves credit if he's right, but he should come back and say sorry on his knees when he's wrong with such a bold statement.

CAM178
06-15-2008, 11:58 PM
Fed will retire if. . . . .he has just won his last major at 31 years old.

King_roger
06-16-2008, 12:10 AM

Federer will retire if .............. you are not able to stop opening such silly threads! ;)

tennis_guy
06-16-2008, 08:39 AM
What would you do?

I would make all threads pre-moderated. and keep a shotgun at hand

veroniquem
06-16-2008, 05:03 PM
I would make all threads pre-moderated. and keep a shotgun at hand
Very democratic :shock: (and then people ask me why Fed's fans scare me...)

zagor
06-16-2008, 05:13 PM
Very democratic :shock: (and then people ask me why Fed's fans scare me...)

Does that post scare you more than this one below made by a Nadal fan?

Or Federer can die in two days and there will be no more wimbledon for the man.

That is fanaticism if I ever saw one.

federer envies me
06-16-2008, 05:15 PM
he will keep on playing untill he beats petes record

Murray_Maniac
06-16-2008, 05:27 PM
he will keep on playing untill he beats petes record

Then he'll be playing til he's dead! Lol,jk. Anyways, I dont think that he'll win another grand slam. Theres too much competition and he doesn't look like he's stepping up. However, I might be wrong, and I wouldn't be too surprised if he wins 1-2 more. Ill be surprised if he actually beats P. Sampras's record.

Lendl and Federer Fan
06-16-2008, 05:52 PM
Fed will retire when Rafa weds Joker's mother ...You heard it here first

LOL... I like this prediction better. :lol:

veroniquem
06-16-2008, 05:57 PM
Does that post scare you more than this one below made by a Nadal fan?

That is fanaticism if I ever saw one.
Well, anybody can die at any time (heart attack or whatever), so it's a fact that can't be denied, a very sad fact, I don't like it but still a fact.
So my answer is yes, selecting threads with a shotgun at hand scares me more... (we're not talking death anymore but murder, yikes)

mraznman
06-16-2008, 06:19 PM
Maximum fail.

Epic fail.
Gg.
Hands down.

Mansewerz
06-16-2008, 06:29 PM

When a troll mommy and a troll daddy really love each other........... :D

veroniquem
06-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Very cute.

Lendl and Federer Fan
06-16-2008, 07:12 PM

Nice!!!!!! :lol:

LafayetteHitter
06-16-2008, 09:18 PM

Stupid post, you heard it here first!

fednad
06-17-2008, 02:09 AM
Another thought.
Fed will retire when he wants to retire. Isn't that simple.

zagor
06-17-2008, 04:29 AM
Another thought.
Fed will retire when he wants to retire. Isn't that simple.

You mean he'll retire on his own terms and not when some lame,pathetic,annoying,wishful thinking Fed haters say he will? I agree.

fednad
06-17-2008, 06:32 AM
You mean he'll retire on his own terms and not when some lame,pathetic,annoying,wishful thinking Fed haters say he will? I agree.

Right! You got it right Zagor.

BullDogTennis
06-17-2008, 07:49 AM

or get a little tipsy in the back of the cave.

Eviscerator
06-17-2008, 07:53 AM
Thread rating

1/10

The balls in your court.
06-17-2008, 09:30 AM
the end is near.

LafayetteHitter
06-17-2008, 09:39 AM
the end is near.

It's official:
http://i27.tinypic.com/6nxqw6.jpg

The balls in your court.
06-17-2008, 10:37 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Coming from a ******* thats the highest form of compliment one can ever achieve! Thank you!!!

I have many people to thank for giving me this award.....first I would like to thank the ******* censors on this board. Next all of the *******s on this board who have helped contribute to the most idiotic fans on the face of the planet. And last but not least Federer himself for giving is all the most lame ars excuses for all of his losses and now getting his butt completely spanked at the FO.

Hell I would have lost 6-0,6-0 ,6-0....fed only got four more games than me!!!!

Hey you better get a ticket to this summers biggest blockbuster:

REVENGE OF THE NADAL FANS......coming to theatres evrywhere!!!

LafayetteHitter
06-17-2008, 01:28 PM
Rumor has it that the trailer for the movie has you and Pmac giving Nadal and oil rub and complimenting his butt picking technique! Better to be a ******* than a total ******....

The balls in your court.
06-17-2008, 03:49 PM
Rumor has it that the trailer for the movie has you and Pmac giving Nadal and oil rub and complimenting his butt picking technique! Better to be a ******* than a total ******....

Now thats the type pf ******* comments we have all come to know and love.

I have only one thing to say:

Nadal defeats Federer 6-1,6-3, 6-0.....OUCH!

Nadal_Freak
06-17-2008, 04:17 PM

Yep. Pastrys on the house. :lol: Vamos!

Serve_Ace
06-17-2008, 04:20 PM
can't predict the future because its unpredictable

zagor
06-17-2008, 04:35 PM

Ouch what? Fed lost to a possible GOAT on clay in a very convincing fashion,that's sports,it happens.Nadal got crushed at AO by Tsonga and Gonzo and by Blake and Youzhny at USO(and by Nalbo in front of his home crowd in Madrid and after that at Paris),again that's tennis.No player can win every match and every tournament they enter and Federer had an amazing dominance over the game for the last 4 years,nobody ever dominated the game in such fashion for so long.Until Nadal accomplishes as much as Fed did in his career(which I seriously doubt he'll do even though he's a great player)Fed will always remain greater no matter how much you or any other fanboy bash him on some internet board(it only shows your lack of class and respect for one of the best tennis players ever).

LafayetteHitter
06-17-2008, 06:14 PM
Good point Zagor, let's remember though. It's normal for guys to get offended when someone makes fun of their boyfriend.

tin
06-17-2008, 06:16 PM
my prediction is if nadal wins wimbledon, he will tell Federer how sorry he is again :)

haha....

i felt sorry for fed when nadal said that......

although rafa meant it to be polite and all that, but i cant help but feel that it sounds a bit off when you actually apologize for winning especially towards fed who really wants to win the FO.........

It just doesn't sound and seem right.......

bangchu
06-17-2008, 07:13 PM
Yep. Pastrys on the house. :lol: Vamos!

Shut up you chumps! I hope this thread got deleted like all other dumb *** threads.

fednad
06-17-2008, 08:08 PM
Good point Zagor, let's remember though. It's normal for guys to get offended when someone makes fun of their boyfriend.

Lol...funny comment.
The bold part was specially enjoyable

The balls in your court.
06-18-2008, 05:03 AM
Ouch what? Fed lost to a possible GOAT on clay

VICTORY!!!!!!! Up to now *******s have not given one ounce of credit to Nadal....not one!!!!!

We have won....you guys finally have been FORCED to repsect Rafa. You guys should be embarrased for putting down one of the greatest players to ever hold a racquet and you *******s owe the tennis community an apology.

Game set and match....Rafa!!!

Serve_Ace
06-18-2008, 07:46 AM
stfu balls in your court you tool

The balls in your court.
06-18-2008, 07:47 AM
stfu balls in your court you tool

nanny nanny foo foo.

zagor
06-18-2008, 11:21 AM
VICTORY!!!!!!! Up to now *******s have not given one ounce of credit to Nadal....not one!!!!!

We have won....you guys finally have been FORCED to repsect Rafa. You guys should be embarrased for putting down one of the greatest players to ever hold a racquet and you *******s owe the tennis community an apology.

Game set and match....Rafa!!!

I certainly won't apologize for something I NEVER done while a member of this forum and that's put down Nadal(I always stated how much respect I have for him as a player and as a person).You're the one who should apologize for insulting me and calling me a "*******".

The balls in your court.
06-18-2008, 02:11 PM
I certainly won't apologize for something I NEVER done while a member of this forum and that's put down Nadal(I always stated how much respect I have for him as a player and as a person).You're the one who should apologize for insulting me and calling me a "*******".

Actually you are correct ...I do owe you an apology. You are NOT a ******* but rather a responsible repectful Fed fan.

I checked your posts out and you admit to being a fed fan but you have never attacked Nadal and you have always been repectful.

I do apologize for lumping you in with the *******s and I hope you accept this olive branch.

On the other hand to the *******s out there.....eat crow!!!!

beedlejuice22
06-18-2008, 02:12 PM
sorry double post

beedlejuice22
06-18-2008, 02:13 PM

retiring at 26 is pretty extreme!

The balls in your court.
06-19-2008, 12:44 PM
retiring at 26 is pretty extreme!

Henin, Borg, Hingis....and mcenroe should have!

LafayetteHitter
06-19-2008, 01:05 PM
Now you seem to know what would've been best for McEnroe one of the greatest players of the open era? Simply laughable.

Your opinion would've had him taking home 2 less Major doubles titles? Yea those were pointless

1989 US Open (4th) Flag of Australia Mark Woodforde Flag of the United States Ken Flach
Flag of the United States Robert Seguso 6–4, 4–6, 6–3, 6–3
1992 Wimbledon (5th) Flag of Germany Michael Stich Flag of the United States Jim Grabb
Flag of the United States Richey Reneberg 5–7, 7–6, 3–6, 7–6, 19-17

Guamanian G
06-19-2008, 01:13 PM
Fed is going to quit until he ties the grand slam record. That or either he loses first round in Wimbledon (not likely)
BTW No Way is nadal winning Wimbledon... EVER!!
lol

Nadal_Freak
06-19-2008, 03:24 PM
Fed is going to quit until he ties the grand slam record. That or either he loses first round in Wimbledon (not likely)
lol
We'll see in a couple weeks. Plenty of more opportunites for Nadal as Fed is 5 years older as well. Vamos :D

zagor
06-19-2008, 03:33 PM
We'll see in a couple weeks. Plenty of more opportunites for Nadal as Fed is 5 years older as well. Vamos :D

I would be surprised if Nadal doesn't win a couple of Wimbledons before he's done(I'd estimate about 2-3,maybe even more,who knows).I also think he'll take one AO in his career although it will be hard for him with Djokovic being his age.

veroniquem
06-19-2008, 03:35 PM
lol
Just because you said so? If he can win Queens, he can win Wimbly too!

Oui, c'est moi.
06-19-2008, 03:54 PM
If he can win Queens, he can win Wimbly too!
Go tell that to Andy Roddick..

Nadal_Freak
06-19-2008, 04:02 PM
Roddick prefers faster surfaces. Queen's was better suited to him than Wimbledon. I think Nadal likes any type of grass. Queen's is not the answer to Wimbledon but it is a good sign.

veroniquem
06-19-2008, 04:06 PM
Ha ha poor Roddick! I forgot!

Oui, c'est moi.
06-19-2008, 04:11 PM
Roddick prefers faster surfaces. Queen's was better suited to him than Wimbledon. I think Nadal likes any type of grass. Queen's is not the answer to Wimbledon but it is a good sign.
I was kidding...

Judging by more recent successes, Halle is an even better sign (minus Berdych of course.. (though he did make it to the quarters last year)). Maybe Rafa should have gone to Halle. :wink:
But then Wimbledon will be more exciting this way if we haven't seen the two play on grass for this long.

veroniquem
06-19-2008, 04:17 PM
I was kidding...

Judging by more recent successes, Halle is an even better sign (minus Berdych of course.. (though he did make it to the quarters last year)). Maybe Rafa should have gone to Halle. :wink:
But then Wimbledon will be more exciting this way if we haven't seen the two play on grass for this long.
Wimbledon this year looks like it's gonna be immensely exciting. I hope I won't be disappointed.

The balls in your court.
06-20-2008, 06:21 AM
Wimbledon this year looks like it's gonna be immensely exciting. I hope I won't be disappointed.

last year was awesome!

The balls in your court.
06-25-2008, 10:17 AM
Borg said that if federer loses wimby then Fed may very well retire! Great minds think alike. ;)

albino smurf
06-25-2008, 10:28 AM
Maybe Djokovic will retire.

The balls in your court.
06-25-2008, 10:31 AM
Maybe Djokovic will retire.

Not yet but its a good point. I dont think mentally he is all that strong.

LafayetteHitter
06-25-2008, 10:39 AM
Borg said that if federer loses wimby then Fed may very well retire! Great minds think alike. ;)

Keep in mind that your buddy Borg just sold his trophies to raise money for himself because he is going broke. So much for great minds.

Thrasher
06-25-2008, 10:40 AM
Not yet but its a good point. I dont think mentally he is all that strong.

Just accept your "Complete Dumbass of the year Award" **** and stop making worthless posts. You also get the award for being the biggest TOOL on these message boards.

The balls in your court.
06-25-2008, 02:04 PM
Keep in mind that your buddy Borg just sold his trophies to raise money for himself because he is going broke. So much for great minds.

He may not be the greatest businessman but he has a great tennis mind...maybe the greatest ever.

Guamanian G
06-25-2008, 05:04 PM
Just because you said so? If he can win Queens, he can win Wimbly too!

ummmm... was Federer at Queens?
I didn't think so =P

The balls in your court.
07-05-2008, 04:22 PM

I still stand by this ....even more now.

whereisz
07-05-2008, 04:31 PM

you sir/ma'am are an idiot.

you heard it here first!:twisted:

matchmaker
07-05-2008, 04:34 PM
So, I guess after tomorrow we will know if Fed retires or not.

ACE of Hearts
07-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Federer needs to win, win,win,win,win,win,win,win.

csharpjava
07-05-2008, 06:53 PM
i hate quitters. that's why i like nadal so much. he plays every point like its his last on earth.

he has no quit.

federer on the other hand. he seems like he'd tank a match for the hell of it. idk about retiring though. that's a major stretch

ndtennis
07-06-2008, 04:32 AM
no way will federer retire before he reaches samparas record of grandslames.

The balls in your court.
07-06-2008, 05:20 AM
Federer needs to win, win,win,win,win,win,win,win.

either he will pull a borg or a McEnroe and take a year off and never win another grandlam or return to #1 again.

Borg, Mcenroe , Sampras all lost the #1 an never regained it.

TennisDawg
07-06-2008, 04:56 PM
i hate quitters. that's why i like nadal so much. he plays every point like its his last on earth.

he has no quit.

federer on the other hand. he seems like he'd tank a match for the hell of it. idk about retiring though. that's a major stretch

Roger Federer and 12 grand slam titles. Where the H%%##ll have you been for that last 6 years. How can you even remotely think and then state that Federer tanked and quit, today. Do you know anything about Tennis???

Okay, I guess Rafa gave up and tanked the match against Tsonga at the Strailain Open. He quit big time-couldn't deal with Tsonga, what about that???

csharpjava
07-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Roger Federer and 12 grand slam titles. Where the H%%##ll have you been for that last 6 years. How can you even remotely think and then state that Federer tanked and quit, today. Do you know anything about Tennis???

Okay, I guess Rafa gave up and tanked the match against Tsonga at the Strailain Open. He quit big time-couldn't deal with Tsonga, what about that???

federer completely tanked against rafa at the french. he didn't even care.

tsonga just had a freak good day combined with rafa bad luck.

if not for that he'd be on his way to completing a grand slam of the majors this year.

TennisDawg
07-07-2008, 06:05 AM
federer completely tanked against rafa at the french. he didn't even care.

tsonga just had a freak good day combined with rafa bad luck.

if not for that he'd be on his way to completing a grand slam of the majors this year.

Federer was just beaten by the greatest clay court player of all time. He wouldn't tank in the finals of a GS, it doesn't make sense at all. Federer would love to win the French Open, he would then surpass Sampras who never won the French Open. Federer just fell victim to the Rafa juggernaut on clay. Most fans have no idea what it takes to be as great as Roger Federer or for that matter Rafa.
I wouldn't discount Tsonga's win over Rafa either, he spanked Rafa's rear end like he owned him. We'll see how Rafa does now on the hard courts and see how his game adapts to it.
As for Roger Federer, he will win at least 3 more GS and I trully believe he will be back next year. He is a true talent, a class act and you better appreciate him while he's playing!! What you saw yesterday was a Classic match, maybe the best ever Wimby Final, two of the greatest players, in their prime, playing tennis like the Tennis Gods intended. It was a rare moment in Tennis. You're a Rafa fan, I know, but be thankful for Federer, the two bring out the best in each other.

johann-681312
07-07-2008, 06:29 AM
Borg has said that he quit for a combination of reasons. One of them was that he just could not deal with being #2 in the world after being number one for so long.

By the way Borg is not the only example my friend.

Henin has been losing as of late and rather than lose at the FO she retired.

Martina Hingis came up with a lame foot injury excuse and retired. The truth is that she was just getting her butt kicked. She returned to tennis , her foot miraculously healed and her lawsuit against the sneaker company disappeared. her #1 ranking also disappeared never to be mentioned again. ;)

Federer is not exactly getting his butt kicked consistenty. The FO loss
was bad, but yesterday was VERY close and could have gone either way.
It is far too early to assume that he is even remotely contemplating
retirement. It is obvious that he is paying well and is still quite capable
of winning.

hoodjem
07-07-2008, 06:33 AM
samparas record of grandslames.

samparas?

grandslames?

Must be badminton.

The balls in your court.
07-07-2008, 06:39 AM
Federer is not exactly getting his butt kicked consistenty. The FO loss
was bad, but yesterday was VERY close and could have gone either way.
It is far too early to assume that he is even remotely contemplating
retirement. It is obvious that he is paying well and is still quite capable
of winning.

Its psycological. When Mcenroe beat Borg at Wimby it was close as all hell. But Borg was burnt out psycologically. Afer being #1 for so long he just couldnt deal with being #2.

In my opinion , Fed needs a break from tennis to get his head healthy. He needs to take a break from tennis until at least January and start fresh. He should do what Samprs did....preserve his body and prepare for the grand slams only. Forget about the stupid rankings because they really mean nothing. He needs to give his mind a rest or run the risk of getting seriously burned out.

King_roger
07-07-2008, 09:10 AM
samparas?

grandslames?

Must be badminton.

or squash! :mrgreen:

sillymonkey
07-07-2008, 09:17 AM
He may not be the greatest businessman but he has a great tennis mind...maybe the greatest ever.

I thought Borg had an underwear empire.

The balls in your court.
07-13-2008, 08:15 PM
I thought Borg had an underwear empire.

dont know...but I do think Fed needs some time off to recuperate. He should do this after the USO.

Greengrass
07-14-2008, 07:12 AM
Fed will not take any extended time off - he's down to play for his country in the Davis Cup during the 3rd weekend of September to try and help get them back into the World Group. I guarantee he will do this unless injured. He then has points to defend in European tournaments and I heard he also has scheduled an extra tournament in Sweden during October this year - not sure how he's going to fit all this in!

ThA_Azn_DeViL
07-14-2008, 07:18 AM
if fed quits then i quit

samster
07-14-2008, 07:19 AM
I quit from this thread. Thank you. 1 star for this thread.

Sampragassi
07-14-2008, 07:20 AM
he gets a free bus-pass.