PDA

View Full Version : Yani at The Acropolis

atatu
06-10-2008, 09:48 PM
Ok, that was a lame post title, but did anyone notice that Michael Yani won both the singles and the doubles at the Yuba City Challenger last week ? Good result for him....Yani, at the "Acropolis", meaning high point or high city...never mind....

mdjenders
06-10-2008, 10:42 PM
on a related note, Yanni was the player intro music at the AMS Roma this year :)

Fee
06-11-2008, 08:46 PM
Yeah, I noticed because I was there. I saw most of his singles matches and his last two doubles matches. Very, very, very pleased for Mike. He has some of the cleanest ground strokes I have ever seen, but I wonder if his size prevents him from moving up the rankings the way he should (and the injuries).

FYI, he plays with a Wilson K blade, wieght added to the handle. It was the strangest feeling racquet I have ever held in my hand (but that's not saying much). :)

atatu
06-11-2008, 10:21 PM
Yeah, I noticed because I was there. I saw most of his singles matches and his last two doubles matches. Very, very, very pleased for Mike. He has some of the cleanest ground strokes I have ever seen, but I wonder if his size prevents him from moving up the rankings the way he should (and the injuries).

FYI, he plays with a Wilson K blade, wieght added to the handle. It was the strangest feeling racquet I have ever held in my hand (but that's not saying much). :)

Ok, so does he get a lot of "Yanni" jokes from the other tour players ? I'm hoping he goes to play one of the Challengers in Greece next year....

reflexace
06-11-2008, 10:22 PM
lol at the subject title... i thought that was a good one atatu!

=p

Fee
06-11-2008, 10:24 PM
No, he's actually an Asian mix, so he gets other types of jokes (which I won't repeat here).

I tried to take some video of his matches last week, but I still have yet to go through all the photos and such. If I have anything good, I'll post it here so everyone can say that he's just a 4.5 club hack. ;)