PDA

View Full Version : "WISH" racquets?

Moayad
06-10-2008, 10:29 PM
During my journey to Asia, I needed a few new frames, I went to the shop of the sports center to buy some, I couldn't find ANY Wilson ones (I used to use Wilson), the only brand which I found called "WISH", I bought a couple of them (90$ each) and they were quite average, does anyone know anything about this unusual brand?

MAXXply
06-11-2008, 02:53 AM
If you paid USD$90 for a WISH racquet, you've paid too much.
I've seen them here in Sydney at a low-end sports chain for about AUS$60.
It's an unremarkable generic Made-in-China brand.

Incidentally, have any Europeans noticed (German) ALDI supermarkets sell their own racquet? It's a mid-plus widebody graphite composite (around 100sq.in, 26mm beam) labelled under their inhouse "Crane" sports brand. Last seen for AUD$59

treblings
06-11-2008, 04:28 AM
You can get Crane tennis products in Germany and Austria. Low-priced, targeting the beginners market. You can get Wish rackets in Germany, also for a very fair price.
I am all for reducing the costs for beginners, and buying rackets and stuff in supermarkets is not a bad idea.
Especially since you might very well walk into a sports shop, and end up buying an expensive racket thats all wrong for you.

smO
06-11-2008, 08:10 AM
I've tried Wish tennis balls and they're complete carbage. They don't even bounce above knee.

classic tennis
06-11-2008, 08:52 AM
I think you will find that Wish produces for a few brands up to the retail $100.00 level, ie Dunlop etc.....they also manufacture the x-45 racquet (if it's still around) & all variations associated with it. Have a look at their site I think it's Wish Sporting goods or along those lines.

Moayad
06-11-2008, 10:10 AM
I've tried Wish tennis balls and they're complete carbage. They don't even bounce above knee.

There were only Dunlop Fort and Wish balls at that shop, fortunately I bought the Dunlop ones :), btw, both of them were the same price, strange!

Thank you all for the information :)