PDA

View Full Version : Do the liquidmetal radicals/instincts made in china play same as ones from austria?

MonkeyMan123
06-11-2008, 07:26 AM
I used to own a head liquidmetal instinct made from austria, but sold it. Now I want to buy one, but they only make them in China, which I have heard are different than the ones made in Austria. What is different about them and which one did you like better? Is there a noticable difference? For some reason, it is stuck in my head that the Chinese ones will play worse and they seem cheaper, maybe because they are prestrung. Anyways, is there any difference?

knasty131
06-11-2008, 09:42 AM
I actually have one in 3/8 grip in great condition with the silver butt cap

ollinger
06-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Chinese racquets are easier to use....an hour after you play, you want to play again.

MonkeyMan123
06-11-2008, 11:15 AM
ok....Anyone that can actually help? I think I am going to order two liquidmetal instincts from tenniswarehouse and ask them to replace them with leather grips and then string them with biphase and then match the rackets so they play the same. But, I have been searchign the forums and foudn that people generally liked austrian rackets much more than the rackets made in china. Oh well, hopefully it will be the same

feyya
06-11-2008, 11:47 AM
Chinese racquets are easier to use....an hour after you play, you want to play again.

Care to explain this? :confused:

biznork
06-11-2008, 12:40 PM
Care to explain this? :confused:

He's referring to Chinese food. When you eat Chinese food, you get hungry pretty soon after.

j24
06-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Look at my old thread
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=176562&highlight=j24

Snuh
06-11-2008, 02:39 PM
If the liquidmetals are like the intelligence series, I have had both the Czech Republic and Chinese made i.Radicals and there was definately a difference between them. I took both of them to my local pro tennis shop and we weighed them. The Chech i.Radical was about 0.4 ounces heavier than the Chinese one unstrung. Also, the Czech one was slightly longer too. As for feel, the Czech version felt much more solid and a bit more head heavy.

Oluap
06-11-2008, 03:03 PM
I own 3 liquidmetal radical MPs. The austrian and czech models are a little bit different from the made in China racquet. This one is a little bit shorter and also has a more rounded shape than the other 2 models I own.

bertrevert
06-11-2008, 03:19 PM
The Austrain/Czech ones (LM Rad) had better feel and better materials, delivered less shock, and played beautifully. The China one felt hollow and tinny and toy-like

Bud
06-11-2008, 08:03 PM
I own 3 liquidmetal radical MPs. The austrian and czech models are a little bit different from the made in China racquet. This one is a little bit shorter and also has a more rounded shape than the other 2 models I own.

Perhaps, your mains are strung too tight, compared to the crosses... hence the rounder 'shape'.

feyya
06-11-2008, 08:05 PM
He's referring to Chinese food. When you eat Chinese food, you get hungry pretty soon after.
???what???

p0w3r
06-11-2008, 08:28 PM
I have a bunch of LM Instinct Tour XLs and all of them are made in Austria except for 1 which is from China. The Chinese one was completely different, it had a different feel to it and it was actually a tad wider then my Austria ones. I thought it was a fake, but it plays very well unlike other fake racquets so it cant be fake. I still prefer the Austria ones but only because im used to them. The chinese one also hits well but its a different feel. Theres also some silicone in the handles of the Austrian ones, whereas the Chinese one doesnt.