PDA

View Full Version : Considering getting POG LB

Head-Strong
06-11-2008, 10:11 AM
is it worth it?
I want a nice POG (i've heard so much but never played with one) and i am a short guy so i play with 27.5 racquets. I have heard of a new Speedport Graphite coming out with 18*20 which is excellent so is it worth getting the POG LB now of TW or should i wait for Speedport POG????

mdjenders
06-11-2008, 02:40 PM
do you use a one-hand backhand or two handed? what racquet do you use now? give us an idea what you like in a racquet. the longbody is very flexy and spin friendly, one of the lowest powered racquets I have ever used since there is no weight in the hoop, but the low swingweight lends itself to some really whippy strokes. You really have to rip your strokes or else. The other POGs play much differently, stiffer and more plow.

also, rumor has it that speedport POG is not slated for release until next year sometime.

Head-Strong
06-11-2008, 09:08 PM
i play with iprestige MP XL 2HbH
I have long stings, will I am a baseliner....
Will i be losing alot on control side with this switch?

whereisz
06-11-2008, 09:19 PM
POG LB is the best control stick for an extended racquet. One of the reason is that it's such a low powered stick. How much power you put in is how much you will get out.

mdjenders
06-12-2008, 12:15 AM
agreed!

the length was a little much for my one hand bh, but for two hand backhanders with spin friendly, long swings on both sides, you can't do much better than POG LB!

whereisz has a good string setup for it as well, full poly strung fairly low gives amazing spin with pinpoint control. another great thing is that the static weight and SW are low enough where you can fine tune the response of the racquet with a little lead tape in the head. try it!