PDA

View Full Version : Liquidmetal prestige midplus vs RDX 500 Midplus

MonkeyMan123
06-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Can anyone compare these in terms of feel, spin, and power, or just give their thoughts on them. Which one is more solid? I have narrowed it down to these two, and both are available where I live. I am a 4.5 player with a semi western forehand, 2hbh, a kick serve, and decent volleys. Which racket did you prefer and why?

Syfo-Dias
06-11-2008, 03:28 PM
I used to have the RDX-500 MP, so I can tell you what I know about it. It was one of the few Yonex racquets I didn't like. It's pretty horrible for serving and is really too flexible for a lot of people. It does have really good spin potential though due to the open string pattern. It pains me to say anything bad about a Yonex racquet, but I wouldn't recommend the RDX MP. The Prestige will probably have much less spin potential, but will offer more control. It's probably better for flat hitters.

TnTBigman
06-11-2008, 05:28 PM
i demoed both, among others, when i was looking to move up from my LM Radicals mp.

RDX 500 MP-
decent power. great sound when u struck the ball. BOOM!!! lots of spin a la open string pattern. flat serves were bombs. slice and spin was excellent. lots of kick. like Syfo said...you can feel the flex.

LM Prestige MP: (Austria version)
not as much spin as the RDX, but there is some for a 18x20 pattern. much more control oriented. I liked the swing weight and found it easier to swing than my LM Rad MP for a heavier racquet. much more stable than the RDX. slice backhands were butter. flat serves and groundies were very good. very nice weight. struck the ball solidly and comfortably.

i just could not get over the Yonex grip shape. I constantly fidgeted with the grip during the games when demoing.Together with the oblong head shape, those were the deal breakers for me.

I'm a 4.5 lefty. Flat forehands and a 1hbh.

Ljubicic for number1
06-11-2008, 05:52 PM
The RDX 500 MP gets alot of love around here, but it done nothing for me.
I found it very unstable, very underpowered, below average for serving etc. It does provide huge amounts of spin off the ground and I love the grip shape. The RDX 500 mid is a whole different animal. "I love everthing about the mid"

The prestige will obviously have great control, more solid feel, less spin, better volleys and a horrible grip shape.