PDA

View Full Version : Fed and Pova are "white"????

pirateofthecarribean
06-11-2008, 03:16 PM
Fed looks like he has some African in him and Pova looks like she has some Asian in her. Are they both considered "white"???:confused:

Murray_Maniac
06-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Fed is 1/2 south african, from his mother

Thor
06-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Who cares???

pirateofthecarribean
06-11-2008, 03:23 PM
Fed is 1/2 south african, from his mother

Wow, didn't know that! Source??? :)

I hope the KKK stay the HELL away from him! He's one of my favorite tennis player.

slice bh compliment
06-11-2008, 03:24 PM
Yes, you nailed it. Federer is half South African. You must have a PhD in Eugenics!

SharAPova has no sister in her at all. Part Siberian, though. Siberia is in Asia.

Becker is a brother.

Baghdatis is Greek-Cypriot, but also Lebanese.

I heard somewhere that Navratilova, BJ KIng and Mauresmo might be 'Lebanese', too. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I think Yannick Noah is white as well as African. Same with Blake and his brother.

Bjorn Borg is Swedish.

Bjorn Phau is German and also Asian. East Asian.

Leander Paes...sounds like a Spanish or Portuguese name....but, believe it or not, he is from India.

I think Andy Ram and Jonathan Ehrlich are Jewish. Same with Shahar Peer.

Funny thread, man. I think this will be a huge hit!

[oh, and in case anyone didn't catch it, yeah, I mixed races, religions and nationalities and I did it on purpose]

daddy
06-11-2008, 03:25 PM
Fed looks like he has some African in him and Pova looks like she has some Asian in her. Are they both considered "white"???:confused:

South africa, country where Federer's mothers orgins are, is actually former British colony and it's very common for white people to live there. So she is white and since his father is also white, how do we not consider him white ? Sharapova - a girl from north-eastern part of Russia from caucasian parents - how do we not consider her white ?

What does a continent has to do with race ? there are many white people in Africa and Asia respectivly. Read more, thanks for attention. ;)

pirateofthecarribean
06-11-2008, 03:28 PM
South africa, country where Federer's mothers orgins are, is actually former British colony and it's very common for white people to live there. So she is white and since his father is also white, how do we not consider him white ? Sharapova - a girl from north-eastern part of Russia from caucasian parents - how do we not consider her white ?

What does a continent has to do with race ? there are many white people in Africa and Asia respectivly. Read more, thanks for attention. ;)

I thought Fed's darkish skin and dark eyes are from "black" heritage. Have you seen Pova's face??? It's broad and her eyes look Asian as well. :)

veroniquem
06-11-2008, 03:29 PM
I thought Fed's darkish skin and dark eyes are from "black" heritage. Have you seen Pova's face??? It's broad and her eyes look Asian as well. :)
???????????????????????????????????

slice bh compliment
06-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Who cares???

My point exactly. Well put.

daddy
06-11-2008, 03:32 PM

No i have not. Shes a regular doe here in eastern europe, has a common face and looks to her. Fed has lighter skin than Rafa Nadal by 2 levels, he looks pale comparet to Mallorca kid. I have a very dark tan yet Im eastern european. It has nothing to do with race, everything with genetics. Yes white people can have a great tan.

wangs78
06-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Fed's mom is white. He does have a somewhat exotic look about him, like he might have some Arabic blood. But I don't think he does. He has that same impish look as his dad.

There are areas around in northern asia where you'll find mixed asian/caucasians, but I don't think Sharapova is one of them. But I'm not sure. If I ever bump into her I ask her. "Maria, are you part Asian??"

Syfo-Dias
06-11-2008, 03:35 PM
They're both "white", for whatever that really means. I personally consider anybody who falls under the anthropological definition of Caucasian to be white. Not all white people are Anglo. That's a misconception that many Americans seem to have.

pirateofthecarribean
06-11-2008, 03:37 PM
They're both "white", for whatever that really means. I personally consider anybody who falls under the anthropological definition of Caucasian to be white. Not all white people are Anglo. That's a misconception that many Americans seem to have.

But Caucasian is no longer anthropological:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/caucasian

:-?

daddy
06-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Fed's mom is white. He does have a somewhat exotic look about him, like he might have some Arabic blood. But I don't think he does. He has that same impish look as his dad.

There are areas around in northern asia where you'll find mixed asian/caucasians, but I don't think Sharapova is one of them. But I'm not sure. If I ever bump into her I ask her. "Maria, are you part Asian??"

My friend, native serb named Ljuban looks like he just poped out of sub from Tokyo. We call him Lee-Lu-Ban and he's ****ed off major time. But you know, eyes and hair, exact copy of manga cartoons. He is a 100% native serb, even his ancesters are from Village near Belgrade, all of them. Go figure, nature has a wierd way of making things intereting.

This is not a thread of the month candidate by any means btw.

daddy
06-11-2008, 03:40 PM

Exactly. Egyptians and Morocans, Tunisians and many others are caucasian as we europeans are. They are a whole world of difference but are considered white / caucasians by the science.

babbette
06-11-2008, 03:55 PM
Becker is a brother.

:confused::-? but he's as blonde as they get.:-?Albino?

daddy
06-11-2008, 03:59 PM
:confused::-? but he's as blonde as they get.:-?Albino?

No no. You missed it. English in not your native ? He was acting like he is, sort of being a white brother of blacks if I can say so .. Looks does not matter all that much in my mind anyways, its about how do you feel !

pound cat
06-11-2008, 04:31 PM

All Canadians are considererd "white" because our winters last so long everyone gets very pale.

Your thread leaves me scratching my head. The word "ignorant ' in the true sense of the word, comes to mind. Please go the library and get some books on the topic of "race" & you will learn a lot. Your librarian will help you find the books/DVD's whatever. .

danb
06-11-2008, 04:38 PM

Ever heard of italians ? Ever heard of roman empire?
Some europeans are brunette - like the old romans. Read up on it. Romans conquered Europe so the old blond European population mixed with the romans (brunettes). Ever been to Europe? There is an Italian minority in Fed's country BTW so he could have even more recent Italian blood ...

BeHappy
06-11-2008, 04:52 PM
Ever heard of italians ? Ever heard of roman empire?
Some europeans are brunette - like the old romans. Read up on it. Romans conquered Europe so the old blond European population mixed with the romans (brunettes). Ever been to Europe? There is an Italian minority in Fed's country BTW so he could have even more recent Italian blood ...

FFS

NO!

Italians were originally blond haired, blue eyed, the middle Eastern Muslims had their own little empire later on that included countries like Spain, Italy etc.

beedlejuice22
06-11-2008, 04:58 PM

clearly you dont know the meaning of respectively.

user92626
06-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Everyone or his/her ancestors were originally from Africa.

Everything else is just a matter of the place in the time line.

AAAA
06-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Pova looks like she has some Asian in her.

Lucky guy..........

The-Champ
06-11-2008, 07:10 PM
FFS

NO!

Italians were originally blond haired, blue eyed, the middle Eastern Muslims had their own little empire later on that included countries like Spain, Italy etc.

Where is your proof for this? I've read a lot of articles on eugenics and I've never read anywhere that Italians were originally blonds with blue eyes. That's really interesting.

daddy
06-12-2008, 12:06 AM
clearly you dont know the meaning of respectively.

I do agree that my english can be off sometimes, there's no question about it. Any help is apreciated.

Phil
06-12-2008, 12:21 AM
This is not a thread of the month candidate by any means btw.
Yeah, what he said! LOL...

scotus
06-12-2008, 12:27 AM
I have never thought that Sharapova looked Asian.

With Jankovic and even Ivanovic, the thought had crossed my mind.

Phil
06-12-2008, 12:37 AM
I have never thought that Sharapova looked Asian.

With Jankovic and even Ivanovic, the thought had crossed my mind.
Yes, Jankovic has Asiatic features. Maybe Kazakh or Uzbek? But tell me, is it me or does Ivanovic look a bit like the actress who played Pocahontas in the movie "The New World"? I'm not claiming they look identical, but a certain resemblence maybe...

Here's "Pocahontas"

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2041878272/nm0452963

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3235354112/nm0452963

Here's Ivanovic
http://www.anaivanovic.com/?path=diary&detailpage=210

BreakPoint
06-12-2008, 12:44 AM
I think Federer is actually Chinese. When he misses an easy shot, I've heard him yell - "Ai - Yaaa!!!!" ;) :lol: LOL

deme08
06-12-2008, 01:06 AM
I think Federer is actually Chinese. When he misses an easy shot, I've heard him yell - "Ai - Yaaa!!!!" ;) :lol: LOL

lol youre funny.

BreakPoint
06-12-2008, 01:09 AM
lol youre funny.
But it's true. Listen to him when he misses shots sometimes.

deme08
06-12-2008, 01:20 AM
Everyone or his/her ancestors were originally from Africa.
Everything else is just a matter of the place in the time line.

The theory of Mongolian and Caucasian evolved from Negro is generally taught in most geographical text books but is still debateable the true origin of **** sapiens.

Everyone or his/her ancestors were originally Apes. So who cares if Fed and Pova are white or not. Why do you ask anyway? Would you think less of him if he is not white?....

Gorecki
06-12-2008, 01:24 AM
All but lies... everyone at Nasa knows he is ALPHA-CENTAURIAN and came to hearth to evaluate our ways of living before total anihilation by the inter-stellar Comunities of PSar-34...

superman1
06-12-2008, 01:24 AM
Wow, everyone seems to be an expert on anthropology and race.

I'm a simpler man. I'd describe Jankovic's features as alien-ish, Ivanovic's as hot, etc.

deme08
06-12-2008, 01:27 AM
But it's true. Listen to him when he misses shots sometimes.

I know its true thats why I said it was funny. Chinese do shout "Ai Yaa" in frustration and I've indeed heard same from Federer and sometimes "Ai yayaya" lol

Buchhalter
06-12-2008, 07:16 AM
Damn you people- I thought that Federer dude was a cracker (or cracka' if you live in the south US).

Next post will be about the Maleeva sisters, and the fact that they are one person entering events under different names.

textbook strokes
06-12-2008, 09:13 AM
Federer and Sharapova belong to a race called "champions". They are few but spreaded all around the world

malakas
06-12-2008, 09:15 AM
they don't look white to me http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m105/bagdaddy_2006/smilies/shrug.gif

pirateofthecarribean
06-12-2008, 09:17 AM
"cracker / cracka" LOL. :) Why do Europeans keep getting cool names like "white", "Caucasian (outdated)", "cracker / cracka"????????????? :)

TennisDawg
06-12-2008, 09:27 AM
lol youre funny.

hahaha!

Yea, playing Nadal would make anyone speak a different language. No, I think Federer is a brother, he hangs with Tiger Woods and is a Laker Fan. No wait that might make him part Asian. I forgot Tiger is half Asian. Hummm!

No Pova can't be Asian, she screams too damn loud!

slice bh compliment
06-12-2008, 09:35 AM
"cracker / cracka" LOL. :) Why do Europeans keep getting cool names like "white", "Caucasian (outdated)", "cracker / cracka"????????????? :)

Also Honkey. Whitey. Jethro.

Many of those are pejorative. They remind me of the white fast food worker in Clerks II who felt ''Porch Monkey'' was not a racial slur. He was takin' it back!

BTW, many generations ago, Caucasian used to mean someone from the Caucasus Mountains, like my main man Aykhan Mammadov.

Rickson
06-12-2008, 09:49 AM

Federer's mother is South African and Sharapova is Siberian so yes, Federer is half African and Sharapova is of Asian descent.

danb
06-12-2008, 11:12 AM
FFS

NO!

Read up on elementary history books. 2000 years ago when Traian Emperor conquered Dacia they were described as dark hair brunettes. And that was waaay before the muslim empire(s??).
Start reading.
Also, ever heard of Traian's column in Rome?

danb
06-12-2008, 11:25 AM
FFS

NO!

When did the muslims conquered Italy? What are you smoking? The muslims conquered part of the Bizantin Empire (Eastern Roman Empire) NOT Italy.

federer envies me
06-12-2008, 11:28 AM
IMO a very stupid thread

danb
06-12-2008, 11:34 AM
IMO a very stupid thread

OK - I kind of agree (why did I even bother?).