PDA

View Full Version : WHY is microgel better than liquidmetal titanium?

BjornBorg
06-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Why would someone use the microgel rackets over the liquidmetal titanium rackets with flexpoints? How is this technology better for play? Thanks.

RestockingTues
06-11-2008, 04:32 PM
It's more expensive, so if you BELIEVE that the technology is better it WILL make you play better.

KRFLegal
06-11-2008, 04:37 PM
If any new material or technology were really something BIG, it would be obvious - the news would be all over the place, and you wouldn't have to wonder.

Otherwise, new materials/designs/etc. are just the result of companies needing something new to market so their products don't come across as old and outdated...as for appreciable differences for playing, probably as close to nil as you can imagine...

Macdaddy1129
06-11-2008, 05:00 PM
although what everyone has said is 100% true, the cool new stuff that they add every couple of years does change the feel of the racquet and could make the racquet better for your game. It varies from person to person. I use the fxp prestige. Ive tried the microgel prestige and prestige pro and didnt like the feel of them. I have no problem playing with an "out of date" racquet.

Kirko
06-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Why would someone use the microgel rackets over the liquidmetal titanium rackets with flexpoints? How is this technology better for play? Thanks.

they just re-invent their rackets everty yr. or 2. I started playing tennis in 1965 when I was 12 yrs. old and every yr. my Mother bought me a new racket the same brand and model : wilson Jack Kramer auto. I played each one to it wore out (got a new one every season). I played this same brand and model from 1965 till 1982. I never thought about "if I had a Slazenger or a Dunlop I bet I would beating the other kids at the country club". look at golf its even more bizzare than tennis.

LafayetteHitter
06-11-2008, 11:39 PM
Because it was used by Nasa, that should bump any user up to 4.5 immediately.