PDA

View Full Version : Need some confirmation! Pushing off and straight up with right foot-forehand hit?

10usDad
06-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Need some confirmation here. I am right handed and I use open stance or semi-open stance. Getting prepared to hit the forehand. On the forehand, should I push almost straight up with the right foot (windshield wiper, layed back wrist,etc.) No weight hardly at all on the back or left foot. I did this tonight and I actually got so much more topspin I have been trying to get so hard for so many years. In the past, I had been putting my weight on my right foot and pushing off or stepping forward toward the net to my left foot while striking the ball. I thought the weight transfer forward was what I needed to do. In other words, I get much better top spin results, can swing through the ball much faster by pushing almost straight up off my right foot and exploding into the ball low to high with only the left foot to stable or balance. I am 56 and very excited that something has worked for me in a technique change. That does not happen often for me. Help me out here fellow tennis guru guys and gals. Am I correct on this technique change?

Bud
06-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Dunno about the technique, but you posted in the wrong forum :oops:

binomialtheory
06-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Unless you're nadal, I don't recommend it.