PDA

View Full Version : These racquets for two-handed backhand

chicubs
06-11-2008, 07:31 PM
I have been playing with rdx 500s for a couple of years now but am considering a switch because...well just because.

Anyway one thing I love about the rdx 500 is the grip length. Leaves plenty of room for my hands with my two handed backhand.

Does anyone have any comments regarding the grip length on the following racquets:

Head Microgel Prestige Pro
Yonex RQIS 1 Tour
Prokennex Redondo
Becker 11 Mid
Wilson KBlade tour

Thanks

Alex

babolat15
06-11-2008, 07:51 PM
i think that you can hit a good one hander or two hander with any racket

SFrazeur
06-11-2008, 07:52 PM
i think that you can hit a good one hander or two hander with any racket

He's asking specifically concerning grip length. Not all 27 or extended racquet have the same length grips. Some racquets have longer necks and throats than others do.

-SF

martymule
06-12-2008, 04:49 AM
I know exactly what you're talking about. I ordered a KBlade demo and I didn't even bother hitting with it because the grip was WAY too short. Literally one quarter of my top hand was off the grip and that would have driven me nuts! I used to use the nTour and I had to "stretch" the grip length by building it up the throat with electric tape - I could then extend an overgrip over that, which made the grip long enough. It's really a shame - and it's the only reason I don't use a Wilson racquet. All that being said - I went back to Yonex because they give you plenty of grip length. I've also never had a problem with the length of Prince's grips. I can't speak about any of the others.

pow
06-12-2008, 05:03 AM
If you like 27in. 90sqin head and long grip, check out the Tour 90 and the N90.

Peter Szucs
06-12-2008, 05:49 AM
I have been playing with rdx 500s for a couple of years now but am considering a switch because...well just because.

Anyway one thing I love about the rdx 500 is the grip length. Leaves plenty of room for my hands with my two handed backhand.

Does anyone have any comments regarding the grip length on the following racquets:

Yonex RQIS 1 Tour
Prokennex Redondo
Becker 11 Mid
Wilson KBlade tour

Thanks

Alex

Head Microgel Prestige Pro - no
Yonex RQIS 1 Tour - yep
Prokennex Redondo - dunno
Becker 11 Mid - yep
Wilson KBlade tour - no

chicubs
06-12-2008, 07:37 AM
Thanks peter and others. Have to say Im a little disappointed. I have tecnifibre 335 and was going to switch to it but i could never get over having my hand on the throat of the racquet. Too awkward.

Well if anyway knows about the Redondo's grip length please let me know.

Also if anyone knows any other similar racquets with longer grip lengths like the yonex let me know as well.

jatnut
06-12-2008, 11:53 AM
The Redondo grip length is fine for my two handed bH.

Harry24
06-12-2008, 12:02 PM
it seems like everybody to me "chokes up" on their racquet. I have my hand a quarter off the end of the grip(like federer hes the only one I know who does this) and I get more reach plus I dont have to worry about what you all are and thats the length of the grip for two-handed backhands. I can use any racquet for a two handed backhand.:)

TheJRK
06-12-2008, 01:22 PM

Yonex RQIS 1 Tour
Prokennex Redondo
Becker 11 Mid
Wilson KBlade tour

Thanks

Alex

I can only speak for the MG Prestige Pro since I own a couple and I have a 2HBH. The length of the grip is a little short if you have large hands (I use a 5/8 with an overgrip) and try to hit a 2HBH. The grip stops way short of the throat.

IMHO, they could've extended the grip another 2 inches towards the throat but I'm not a racket engineer, so who knows. All I did was make my own grip and extend it more towards the throat so I could fit both of my hands... works for me.

soggyramen
06-12-2008, 07:04 PM
the RQ iS Tour 1 has one of the longest handles i've seen and it worked great with a two handed backhand.

babolat141
06-12-2008, 07:21 PM
Most babolat pure drives and aeropro drives have decently long grips.....and the microgel prestige has way to short a grip.

Double Fault
06-12-2008, 07:34 PM
Yonex has the longest grips, but I don't think there are any racquets that only suit one style based on the grip length. At least not modern racquets...

iLose
06-12-2008, 07:35 PM
^ really? I think the pure drive grip is really short? When I had them I purchased new grips and wrapped them all the way up to the split? Anyways, I always have felt that nothing feels as solid as a two handed back hand with a somewhat heavy stick with a dence string pattern. I think you will find anything with 18 mains will feel good with 2 hands on the grip.

Double Fault
06-13-2008, 04:44 AM
^ really? I think the pure drive grip is really short? When I had them I purchased new grips and wrapped them all the way up to the split? Anyways, I always have felt that nothing feels as solid as a two handed back hand with a somewhat heavy stick with a dence string pattern. I think you will find anything with 18 mains will feel good with 2 hands on the grip.

Really. =P

Well, I'm no professor on the subject, but I recently switched from the RDX500 to the Aero Pro Drive and the shorter grip on the Babolat racquet wasn't a problem.

The only problem I had was trying to wrap a Tournagrip on a Yonex racquet haha

rasajadad
06-13-2008, 05:00 AM
The Redondo grip length is fine for my two handed bH.

I agree. The Redondo grip isn't long, but it fits my 2HBH.