PDA

View Full Version : Buying racquet for father's day gift....

alternatennis
06-12-2008, 06:17 AM
I just bought a Prince 03 speedport Red (new TW version) for my Dad, and I was wondering if anybody had hit with this racquet. He was adament that he wanted this particular racquet, so I obliged.

As another topic starter, what is everybody's greatest tennis memory with their Dad? mine had to be the first time I beat the old man when I was 14. He crushed one of his new Prince Extender racquets. Then apologized to me for like ten minutes for his reaction. Needless to say, his congratulations did not seem heartfelt. We still play, and I always win, but he has never destroyed another racquet like that. good times.

Zhou
06-12-2008, 07:39 AM
Wow... My dad never really played tennis so I just learned by going to group lessons and then now I am taking privates and playing in some tournaments.

logansc
06-12-2008, 08:15 AM
My dad always played when I was younger and then I dragged him out to play again recently, mind you he hasn't hit in about 8 years, well needless to say I win easy @ 3 and 1. He invites me to play again the next day and the proceeded to S+V me to death and basically broke my backhand down so bad I started camping in the ad court. Needless to say about 150 UE later I lost 2 and 2. Ah Humility.