PDA

View Full Version : What Yonex Racket is the most similar to the RD 7?

Gonzo
06-12-2008, 05:55 AM
My friend is looking to get an updated version of the RD 7. Anybody tried the RD 7, and can compare it to any of the new Yonex rackets available?

Gonzo
06-12-2008, 05:56 AM
My guess is the RQ is 1 tour, but I never hit with either. Can Anybody help?

ericsson
06-12-2008, 06:05 AM
My friend is looking to get an updated version of the RD 7. Anybody tried the RD 7, and can compare it to any of the new Yonex rackets available?

None! that stick is so original and awkward and flexible, the spin machine.
Frame is unique too.

bsandy
06-12-2008, 06:20 AM
Using http://www.racquetfinder.com/search.htm

None of them.

. . . Bud

N23
06-12-2008, 06:45 AM
Funny this thread popped up. I just restrung my RD7 to see if I could still play it. I used Gosen Polylon Ice 16/Yonex 850Ti combo deal and that seems to work well for me. Anyhow, I noticed immediately the weight difference between what Yonex I currently use, the MP Tour 1 98 and the RDX500MP, makes for the RD7 to be a very long and loopy racquet. I must prepare early and often or I'll be late or have a tendency to mishit the ball. I also use the SRD Tour 95's on occasion and none of them are similar at all when it comes to swing weight and ball in pocket feel. I've played with Yonex most of the time and at one point played the R18, R22, R23, RQ150, RQ180, Cyborg 2200, RD3, RD7, and it's a shame I don't own them anymore. But my guess, and it's only a guess, is that the RQis 1 Tour might be the closest thing to it. Nothing else listed on racquetfinder states the weights could be close to the RD7.

Gorecki
06-12-2008, 06:51 AM
can't compare the spin doctor...

TennezSport
06-12-2008, 07:09 AM
The closest thing that I found in specs was the Tecnifibre TFight 325, which is also listed in TWs racquet finder. The next best that I found was the Yonex RDS002 Tour. It's a little stiffer but produces very much the same spin and feel with the right strings. Good luck in your search.

TennezSport :cool:

tennis_guy
06-12-2008, 09:01 AM
The RD7 was very solid, had a lot of substance to it. It had a soft feel and packed quite a lot of power as well. I can't really see any modern yonex frames that match up. Most of them have a more crisp feel apart from the RQIS1, so I hear..

In D Zone
06-12-2008, 10:47 AM
Closes to RD7 .... I think would be the RDX500 Midplus. Flex frame , butterly feel although the RDX500 is lighter and offer more power.

Have not play with RQiS - cannot give an opinion on it.

crosscourt
06-12-2008, 12:04 PM
I picked up a couple of second hand RD7s recently and love them. But things like the bumper guard shard when it scrapes the ground: they aren't really a long term bet. I tried all sorts of places to see if they had any old stock. Finally a famous racket shop/customiser kindly said that they would ask Yonex on my behalf whether Yonex had any old stock at the factory, and if they didn't which Yonex racket plays like the RD 7. The answer that came back was that there was no old stock and that there is nothing like the RD7.

cc

In D Zone
06-12-2008, 12:10 PM
I picked up a couple of second hand RD7s recently and love them. But things like the bumper guard shard when it scrapes the ground: they aren't really a long term bet. I tried all sorts of places to see if they had any old stock. Finally a famous racket shop/customiser kindly said that they would ask Yonex on my behalf whether Yonex had any old stock at the factory, and if they didn't which Yonex racket plays like the RD 7. The answer that came back was that there was no old stock and that there is nothing like the RD7.

cc

Are you looking for RD7 bumper guards?
I can try to get them for you .... no promises but will ask my friend.