PDA

View Full Version : Its official I Finally Bought them I found The One.

dreydey
06-12-2008, 03:58 PM
ok everyone its official i recently ordered 4 donnay pro one OS, and the racquet is great after demoing, i fell in love with it, so i ordered 4 and then i recieved the racquets yesterday, but i called TW and they forgot to string them, and they were great and very helpful, they rushed an order to go out for me today, thats why i love TW, and i recommend if i can send those back and they can just send me 4 more, becuase i have a ladder tournament on monday, so i shipped those back and they said they were going to send me 4 more, so i went ahead and said you know what i am gonna order one more, but make sure you match the weight and balance with the other 4 other ones, so i now have 5 donnay pro one OS coming 4 should be arriving tomorrow, and the other one they did on a seperate order becuase they already finished the order for the 4. i had the racquets strung with babolat + tonic natural gut 16 and i wanted to know if anyone has ordered and had them matched , does TW do a good job on matching within stock as i havent really ordered this many of the same racquet before..also the reason i got 5 is i heard rumors TW is not going to order anymore of the Donnay Pro One.

thanks everyone

dreydey
06-12-2008, 05:32 PM
bump bump.....

Don S
06-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Um didn't you just post a thread about wanting to switch to a smaller headsize? Doesn't sound practical to buy 5 racquets and then think about switching to a smaller headsize.

dreydey
06-12-2008, 06:22 PM
i was wondering about the smaller headsize and i just decided to stick with what i like thats why i went with the donnay

SFrazeur
06-12-2008, 06:47 PM
If you're happy then I'm happy for you.

-SF

hoodjem
06-12-2008, 06:57 PM
You should do a poll to see if you're happy.

furyoku_tennis
06-12-2008, 06:58 PM
did you stock up on grommets as well?

dreydey
06-12-2008, 07:09 PM
i bought 8 sets of grommets you think i should buy more

iLose
06-12-2008, 07:16 PM
What do you do for a living? Can you help me out with a job? Just kidding. Nice I am glad you like them, are you going to keep all 5 strung at the same time or 3 and swich which one get strung?

Duzza
06-12-2008, 07:26 PM
"You should do a poll to see if you're happy."

hahahaha.

tbini87
06-12-2008, 08:00 PM
hopefully it is the stick for you, and you will be able to play well with them for a long time. how often do you restring? i think 8 grommets should be enough.

samster
06-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Why make a poll about whether you made the right decision or not?

You made the decision; if you are happy with it, that's all that matters.

samster
06-12-2008, 08:33 PM
Though I must say, the Donnay Pro 1 OS is a very nice racket.

sruckauf
06-12-2008, 08:34 PM
Nice collection. Post some pics when you get them..

quest01
06-12-2008, 08:40 PM
i was wondering about the smaller headsize and i just decided to stick with what i like thats why i went with the donnay

That was a good idea because going from what you were accustomed to, to something to a mid which you weren't used to all of a sudden would have been a little bizarre. So I think you made the right decision of sticking with the racquet you have always been used to.

Anton
06-12-2008, 09:10 PM
really can't go wrong at those prices - you can always sell them later at minimal loss

dreydey
06-12-2008, 09:31 PM
i appreciate everyones comments thanks guys its great to have tennis friends in these forums,also i had 4 of them strung 2 at 58lb and 2 at 59lb and one unstrung, i will probably not you the other two in matches, but i had it strung up anywayz just incase.....and if you want a job you got it, lol just kidding im not rich its just a good price on these racquet, and i dont want it to get sold out and then i realize i should have got more....theres really no racquet ive played with on the market that feels like this racquet, and ive tried alot...also you guys think i need more than 8 sets of grommets, should i stock up on more grommets...

markwillplay
06-13-2008, 09:35 AM
good for you. I till have 2 of these and I really like them. I think they played a little better with a touch of lead at 3 and 9 for stability. They were not bad anyway but even better lik this. I liked multis in this stick in the upper tension (63).

dreydey
06-13-2008, 10:39 AM
people that are voting no, that i made the wrong decision what are the reasons please let me know thanks

Al Czervik
06-13-2008, 11:33 AM
Dreydey, let us know how those grommets are looking, even after the first string job. Mine were partially torn from the get-go, so I bailed quickly. I really want to buy a bunch of these sticks, though.

At $99 per for a unique old school player's racquet, I think you did just fine. All these new sticks nowadays have zero feel.

dreydey
06-13-2008, 12:44 PM
i will let you know AL , i hope theres nothing wrong with the grommets, i did hear alot about that so i ordered 20 sets of grommets, cause im gonna keep these racquets for a while......

auzzieizm
06-13-2008, 01:10 PM
Curious if and how anyone is customizing their TW Donnay Pro One OS. I found long strips at 3/9 made the frame way to heavy especially when volleying. I myself find the stock frame to be less head light than I would like. I currently have two strips of lead under the grip to compensate, but now I am a little concerned about stability. Any suggestions? Anyone find a great setup for this frame?

dreydey
06-13-2008, 01:32 PM
i will probably add lead at 3 and 9 oclock i feel that makes it more stable.......

Donnay
06-13-2008, 05:48 PM
Do you know if they carry just the pro one? no OS or anything. and what is this TW?

LanEvo
06-13-2008, 05:53 PM
i will let you know AL , i hope theres nothing wrong with the grommets, i did hear alot about that so i ordered 20 sets of grommets, cause im gonna keep these racquets for a while......

good choice good choice my friend

dreydey
06-13-2008, 11:16 PM
ok everyone i just received my 5 donnay pro one OS, i love the racquet, its great, but i am a little disappointed,as i said in the first post tenniswarehouse sent me the first order of the racquets, and they didn't string them, but they matched them for me, they had a little card with the weight and balance of each one, and each racquet was in a plastic bag, then this order came, which i know they probably rushed to get to me cause the first order i sent them back which i didn't want to,and i do appreciate everything TW does.

they said they will just duplicate this new order, and each racquet was strung but no plastic bag on each racquet , and this racquet does not come with a cover which i understand but they didn't put each one in a plastic bag,or bubble wrap or something so they do not move around, they put them all together in one plastic bag,

so when i got the order, and moved the box the racquets were hitting each other, and i could hear it, it bothered me a little, because probably during shipment the racquets were hitting each other pretty bad cause im sure they just throw the box in the back of the UPS truck, that bothered me a little, the thing that really bothered me is that the racquets probably banged up against each other the whole time, i wish that didn't happen, and they were each in their own plastic bag,

i dont know if i should contact TW as they are a great company, or just live with it, do you guys think it damaged the frames, i cant really tell if there are scratches, other than that the grommets were not cracked, everything else was good, please advise, should i call TW, has anyone ordered multiple racquets from TW and they didnt have covers, and you had them string them up, did they still put each racquet in a plastic bag,please let me know and by the way this is in my opinion the best racquet ever, as i did play with one tonight......

Bud
06-14-2008, 12:13 AM
You should do a poll to see if you're happy.

"You should do a poll to see if you're happy."

hahahaha.

Lol! That was funny :lol:

BreakPoint
06-14-2008, 12:47 AM
ok everyone i just received my 5 donnay pro one OS, i love the racquet, its great, but i am a little disappointed,as i said in the first post tenniswarehouse sent me the first order of the racquets, and they didn't string them, but they matched them for me, they had a little card with the weight and balance of each one, and each racquet was in a plastic bag, then this order came, which i know they probably rushed to get to me cause the first order i sent them back which i didn't want to,and i do appreciate everything TW does.

they said they will just duplicate this new order, and each racquet was strung but no plastic bag on each racquet , and this racquet does not come with a cover which i understand but they didn't put each one in a plastic bag,or bubble wrap or something so they do not move around, they put them all together in one plastic bag,

so when i got the order, and moved the box the racquets were hitting each other, and i could hear it, it bothered me a little, because probably during shipment the racquets were hitting each other pretty bad cause im sure they just throw the box in the back of the UPS truck, that bothered me a little, the thing that really bothered me is that the racquets probably banged up against each other the whole time, i wish that didn't happen, and they were each in their own plastic bag,

i dont know if i should contact TW as they are a great company, or just live with it, do you guys think it damaged the frames, i cant really tell if there are scratches, other than that the grommets were not cracked, everything else was good, please advise, should i call TW, has anyone ordered multiple racquets from TW and they didnt have covers, and you had them string them up, did they still put each racquet in a plastic bag,please let me know and by the way this is in my opinion the best racquet ever, as i did play with one tonight......
I think you're worrying way too much. If they don't look scratched nor damaged, then they aren't. Are you going to call TW and tell them that the racquets they shipped to you look perfectly fine? What do you think they'd say? And what do you think they'd think of you?

BTW, don't your racquets bang against each other when you put them all in your racquet bag anyway?

slice bh compliment
06-14-2008, 12:53 AM
,,,All these new sticks nowadays have zero feel.

Depends on which stick.
Anyway, man, racquets don't lack feel. Players may.