PDA

View Full Version : I NEED HELP BALANCING my RACQUET

Octavianus
06-12-2008, 05:36 PM
I NEED help, I have finally found a racquet that I love to play with, my only wish is it was a little more powerful. I do realize that by lowering the tension it will make it more powerful, but I like to keep it strung at mid tension. The racquet has a strung weight of 11 oz and is 7 pts headlight. I do not want to change the balance but I would like to add some weight to it to increase its power. My only problem is that I do not know how much weight to add or the distribution. I do know how to remove grips, buttcaps, I am quite handy and able to follow instructions quite easily. There are a number of experts in this forum, and I am hoping someone can help me with my problem. Thank You in advance for your time and help.

O

furyoku_tennis
06-12-2008, 07:03 PM
TW has a guide on how to apply lead tape and the effects of it. you should look for it. how much weight are you looking to add?

Octavianus
06-13-2008, 08:00 PM
TW has a guide on how to apply lead tape and the effects of it. you should look for it. how much weight are you looking to add?

I have looked at the TW guide and I do know how to apply lead tape. What I do not know is the distribution along the frame and how much lead I need to apply to achieve my goal. I was thinking 3/4 oz. What I do not know is do I need to put all of it along the handle or 50% along the handle and 50%
at 3 and 9 o'clock. Thank you for answering but what I find disappointing is that only one person has answered my thread.

baek57
06-13-2008, 08:10 PM
since you dont want to change the balance you will need lead on both sides of the balance point. how much where is completely dependent on where you put the lead/where you want to put it.

Octavianus
06-15-2008, 07:39 AM
since you dont want to change the balance you will need lead on both sides of the balance point. how much where is completely dependent on where you put the lead/where you want to put it.

Thanks baek57 for your answer.

2nd_Serve
06-15-2008, 08:20 AM

Yeah. You have to balance it out. I felt like 3 and 9 gave a little more power. 10 and 2 gave a little more than the 3 and 9. And the 12 was a massive power boost. Just try putting it at around those places.

Octavianus
06-15-2008, 01:16 PM
Yeah. You have to balance it out. I felt like 3 and 9 gave a little more power. 10 and 2 gave a little more than the 3 and 9. And the 12 was a massive power boost. Just try putting it at around those places.

Thanks for the answer 2nd_Serve. My question is, if I were to add 1/2 oz in the handle and a 1/4 oz at 3 and 9 o'clock, would this give me more power without altering the balance of the racquet?